User Reviews (7)

• klwarzala14 December 2017
    Complete and utter garbage.
    I don't know who gave this piece of crap all the stars, but they are lying. This movie starts off with a bunch of 20 somethings pulling pranks and bad practical jokes on each other. It doesn't get any better from there. I am 49 minutes in and I don't know how much more I can take. All of the constant bickering is giving me a headache and If they took the F word out of the dialogue, it would be labled a silent film. Clearly none of them can stand each other and I surely don't even know why they are all friends. At 50 minutes in, they are finally at the house, and still fighting and argueing. Ok, one of them is now pissing in the bathroom sink of the house. If you choose to watch this mess, good luck to you. But please watch it for free, don't waste your money. Better yet, give this crap a pass.
  • Leofwine_draca16 January 2018
    Found footage yawner
    UNLISTED OWNER is another laughably terrible indie found footage horror flick, made on the cheap by a bunch of people who really don't have much idea about basic filmmaking principles. This one sees a family murdered in a house, causing a bunch of teenagers to head over and investigate the place, filming the whole thing as they do so. This particular effort spends a great deal of time on set up, interviews, and introductions, as well as some of those unnecessary driving scenes. The actual stuff at the house is hurried over at the climax. There's no atmosphere to speak of, and as for horror content, you can forget it.
  • pdulski10 January 2018
    Skeptical at first, liked it in the end.
    First off I wanna say, I've never heard of this film until the Writer, Director and Actor emailed me to do a interview for this film. Knowing what I knew from the more of info email, I agreed to setup with interview. So a couple days BEFORE we were gonna do the interview over the phone for the Everything Horror Podcast (which if you don't like no filter language avoid my podcast). From the time I spent debating to rent this (before purchasing this), I decided to go for it hoping I'd like it and not a waste.

I enjoyed the camerawork actually and the way they acted / setup sets to do some of the stuff was not really noticeable. The only thing we noticed was near the end was the blood, it did stick out to be more pinkish to really not believe it. I did however got an answer via the Interview that the special effects guy they had at the time wasn't available when it came down to the blood.

If you don't swear teenagers swearing like they would when being around friends and stuff, watch this film. If you can't stand swearing almost every line, just ignore it. And if you would like to check out the interview I did with Unlisted Owners writer, director and actor make sure to check out the Podcast.
  • kyle-lafreniere12 February 2018
    REVIEW BY KYLE LAUGH (LONGLIVETHEVOID.COM)
    Very rarely do I enjoy spending the little time I have available to me watching found footage films. The fact that their costs are typically minimal and can be filmed on any number of video camera, webcams and cellphones grouped with former films such as The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity (just to name a few of the more popular ones) makes some people believe they can become a film director overnight.

On the other hand, those who plan it out, put in the work and focus on all factors of their film including acting, realism and aura typically tend to push their way through all the noise providing film fans to something fun, interesting and unique and in this case, Unlisted Owner is able to serve this up to its viewers.

A large mistake many films in this subgenre make is avoiding following a realistic timeline which should be simple to follow and doesn't have many confusing things which could be very off-putting to most people.

Unlisted Owner follows a group of friends for a day who have decided to go camping but ultimately decide to break into a house which the brutal murders of a family took place that prior evening.

First time writer and director Jed Brian took the task of following a proper timeline to heart and gave us something that flows from start to finish, piecing everything together as though the local police department had created a video for evidence of the killings which had taken place using a variety of recording devices from the different people involved. On top of the fact that everything single scene looks like it was filmed in a singular take, this made It something I truly enjoyed seeing.

In addition, the acting throughout the entire cast seemed very natural, utilizing banter regarding drinking, women and sharing memories to fill in what could be considered the slower portions of the movie. This was also one of the major factors contributing to the films realism as these conversations were easily something myself and my crazy friends would discuss when hanging out together years ago.

The only negative I had (next to a bit of a shaking cam issue right at the start and trust me it was very minor) was that some of these aforementioned conversation pieces did feel a bit drawn out at times which may have been there only to ensure that the film would be considered feature length. Making a short out of it could have potentially raised my rating for it but that could also kill the story's progression thus ruining the film as a whole.

There isn't much more I can go over without ruining the film for people, but do recommend checking it out of you're a fan of either found footage films or lite slashers.

7 out of 10. (From LONGLIVETHEVOID.COM
  • nickyb-7913118 December 2017
    Typical found footage fayre
    Please will people stop making these hopeless attempts at movies. "Found footage" is such a feeble cover for lack of skills in editing, script, lighting and directing. In the same scene the f-word can be bleeped out while not being bleeped out just 1 minute later. Even the cheapest compact camera's from 10 years ago had OIS. Just an annoying mess resplendent with battery indicators and flashing "Rec" indicators and distracting artificial pixelation somehow being recorded. I guess everyone that worked on this movie and their parents voted this to above a 3 star. Not close to having tension, suspense or horror. It would take a very special person to feel engrossed and invested in this cacophony. I should point out I never saw every minute of this; after 15mins of nothing but what was scripted or unscripted (improv dahling) rambling (without any character pinning) I skipped to the 30th. The only reason I would say to watch this is to see how all the excuses of pathetic movie making are covered up in the "found footage" genre.
  • lynnebriangoldstein16 January 2018
    Just awful
    The only positive thing I can say about this found footage movie is that, compared to most found footage movies, the acting in this one is not terrible. Now, the negatives. First, the characters, especially the two alpha male guys, were so obnoxious, such douchebag pricks, that I could not wait until they died. Second, the movie was a bit more than 3/4 over before anything "horror" happened. That's right, the vast majority of this film is just some immature pricks yelling at one another. Finally, when something happens, it is not supernatural or even scary in any way. Third, we never find out who the villain is, which is so unsatisfying, given that I had to sit through most of the movie before any action happened. There was no character development, no plot development, no mystery, no build up to a climax, no denouement: just a bunch of hillbilly, immature pricks cursing and yelling. The most horrifying thing about this movie is that I wasted a portion of my life to watch it.
  • thomashartmann-256-66604228 January 2018
    Classic Example of Found Footage Horror Done Right
    With limited budget and a cast of local friends, I think director Jed Brian made a masterfully suspenseful and scary film that stands on it's own in the indie found film horror genre. Long dialogue scenes in the beginning serve to build character development between this group of friends who make the foolish decision to enter the house/crime scene of a grizzly serial murder. The shaky handheld camerawork help keep the suspense on edge as they searched through different floors and rooms of the house. It was what you didn't see around the other corner that scared you. The film pays homage to one of greatest found footage classics, The Blair Witch Project, and yet still stand as it's own work of art within the genre. If you are looking for a great scary movie to watch with a group of your teenage or college friends tonight, this is the one. It's young and fresh and has a new spin on an growing genre of horror. Jed Brian proved that he could handle the responsibility of writing, producing, directing and acting in his own film, a heavy burden for a rising filmmaker. But he did so with skill and affordability and by doing so, created a truly scary journey into the night...one that might make you think twice before sleeping in your first new home. You know how Steven Spielberg made swimming in the ocean scary....? Well Jed Brian made buying a new home scary. See it people....Unlisted Owner......if your dare........