User Reviews (120)

• What does it take to make a good disaster movie? Good F/X?, Complex storyline?, intricate scenes?, massive destruction?... nothing of the sort.

Good buildup and nice character development, that's it.

That's what this movie is all about. A simple story, yet, very powerful in the way it was made.

From the first 10 minutes you'll get the point, this is gonna be a movie focused on our characters, this are people living a simple life, yet, full of good intentions and surrounded by good company in a small town with an incredible scenery and this is gonna be a movie about them, having to deal with a disaster none expects. The disaster it's there as a test to their resolve, not as the main attraction of the movie, be aware of that before watching it.

The story unfolds at slow pace but with impeccable character development and directing, to match this we have a superb soundtrack that it's not excessive nor subtle and always, to the point.

Our main hero is very lovable and yet, honest and simple. If you're expecting a super-hero like San Andreas, you'll be sorely disappointed, yet, if you think what would you do if a massive wave hits your town, you will feel identified with our main lead here.

I love disaster movies and this is one of them, It never lost my interest. The movie ends as it starts, simple and yet, highly enjoyable due to being superbly directed through and through.

If you're fond of disaster movies which puts their characters in the first place, without super excessive heroic scenes and a believable script, you must see this one, you'll be surprised.

This IS the anti-Hollywood of disaster movies, thanks good for that!
  • Just caught this film in Austin during Fantastic Fest and had a blast. I've never seen a Norwegian movie before and I went in blind to this one.

The moderator introduced it as a "movie that would make Roland Emmerich cum his pants", and while it's not exactly on the same level as, say, Independence Day or 2012, the film is an absolute destructive experience that packs a punch. The premise, which is honestly quite simple, revolves around a geologist that begins to sense that something is awry when a mountain over a small town begins to give off strange activity in its movement. By the time he warns everybody, it's too late.

The film borrows from plenty of Hollywood clichés, but what it does well is build its suspense. Normally there would be a few action set pieces preceding the real climax, but this film takes its time to build the tension and it does so masterfully. There's an emotional connection to the lead and his family, and from the moment he senses that something is wrong, you want him and those that he loves to get out of town safely.

There's nothing new about the story or with the characters, but it's an impressive feat with dazzling cinematography and a pulsating score. I'd highly recommend checking it out if you're looking to be entertained.
    This is a Norwegian movie with English subtitles.

"The Wave" is better because it is on a more believable scale. Yes, there are clichés: one scientist no one will believe, birds flying from danger, the hero rescuing his family against incredible odds. People whose job is to monitor the geological causes of the wave can only watch their computer screens in helpless silence.

Still, it was well acted and the special effects were good, especially considering the low budget. The aftermath was typical post apocalyptic with stunned survivors unable to believe what happened. Our hero's family is reunited and closing credits remind us of how close this is to actually happening.

It DID happen to a part of Norway in 1906.
  • This movie came as a surprise to me. When it was first released it was praised by most of the Norwegian film critics as a very good film, some even went as far as calling it a masterpiece.

But this happens quite often with Norwegian films, our critics tend to give domestic films a higher score than usual. One critic in this case even admitted to have done so in her own review. She gave the movie 10/10 and called it a masterpiece "Seen with Norwegian eyes", but not that impressive seen with international eyes.

Now i hate this kind of criticism, i think that the nationality of the product. if it be music, film, games, painting or any other form of art, the criticism should be based on the end product as it stands. Though i also can understand that some get more emotional when they see their own language spoken in a film like this.

And by that i mean this. Norway does not make that many movies that has millions of dollars of special effects in them, that is rare. And here they spent over half the film budget on making the wave, which has like 2 minutes of screen time in total. And yes it does look quite impressive, i have to say.

I know a few people that has worked on making this wave and i remember i told them, that this is the one thing they cannot fail. If the wave does not look impressive, they can just give up and go home. Now i don't think my words had any impact on the production of the wave, just to clear that up :).

Anyways i did not know much about the story, only the obvious things. So i went into seeing this film with an open mind.

And here comes what is the best thing about this film. The buildup. Oh boy is this film impressively built up to the climax, oh yes it is. Actually there has been years since i have seen such a perfectly orchestrated start of a film. It spends just enough time with the lead actors and actresses to spark an interest in them, and then avoids it becoming boring and unnecessary, and also to finally show what this film is all about.

Then the climax itself is done very well. Actually i was very impressed indeed when the mountain burst and went into the water. Up till this point i almost could not believe what i saw, i was actually looking at something extraordinary. And that, felt really good. But, then comes the aftermath.

Now I'm not going to spoil anything here, but i will say this. The movie slowly gets weaker and weaker the closer to end we approach. The acting is above decent at all times, but the storytelling plummets in the last 30 minutes or so. They just have to add something to the film, and what they add is the most predictable of all things, family in danger.

And then on top of that they just borrow scenes from other movies, like the abyss, and portray them almost identical to the original scenes from those other movies. That is a shame. I wished they had spent some extra time coming up with something original. So the movie had something to deliver after the wave.

But sadly it does not. Had i stopped watching this film 25 minutes before the end, the movie would have felt like a 9/10. Impressive indeed. But the ending, as cliché as it is, does not par with the rest of the film, and thus brings the whole experience down.

To wrap it up i got to say, I'm going to watch the beginning of this film until the climax, many many times over the next few years, that is where they nailed it, and where they showed us it's still hope for action films made in my country.

And Ane Dahl Torp is looking better and better the older she gets, which is even more impressive. And she does one of her best performances.

Kristoffer Joner also delivers a steady and really good performance.

Verdict: 7/10 - Quite good

First 50 minutes: 9/10 - Very good. (I just had to add that).
  • wowmats28 August 2015
    The movie is about a geologist that discovers some weird activity in the mountains in Åkneset (Norway) They discover that unless they evacuate the whole city in time, a piece of the mountain will fall into the water and create a monster wave of 80m that will crush everything in its path. So now the geologist played by Kristoffer Joner is doing everything in his power to save his family and his beloved small town.

Short review. Great special effect, good score, good acting. Predictable script and lacks depth, but is still good enough entertainment for the whole family :) There is nothing revolutionary or new about this, but hey! Isn't it always pleasurable when things are done right?

Ps, it's also interesting that this is actually something that has happened before and might happen again!

Final thoughts...GO CHECK IT OUT!
  • First of all i must say Noway is good at making movies. I have seen lot of there stuff and its always top notch and The wave is no exception. Although there is lot of disaster movies around but not quite often you such and engaging movie which keeps your interest from start to finish. Story is simple but the way director execute it man just awesome. All the lead character was good in movie but Kristen steal the show completely. such a powerful performance by him. Story revolves around a small Norwegian town, which got hit by tsunami and aftermath of it. Gfx was also good although a bit more destruction would add more plus to the movie bottom line is if you are fan of disasters movies or not it should be on your watch list.
  • What a rush! The Wave gives the audience everything they hope for when encountering a natural disaster! Thrill, suspense, fear, terror! Norwegian director Roar Uthaug did an excellent job setting the tone of the film, somewhat of a 'calm before the storm' feel which is exactly what this type of film needs! The film follows a Norwegian geologist, played by Kristoffer Joner, and his family as they fight for survival as their hometown encounters a massive landslide that causes a 250-foot tidal wave. Roar Uthuag did an incredible job creating emotions in the characters, the fear, the pain. The audience goes on a journey with the characters and feel as if they are in a dire situation also. The cinematography and the sound make you feel as if you are actually there, with the world crumbling around you. This film was incredibly done with the writing, directing and special effects. If you love films that take you along for the ride, this is the film to see!
  • Djervig14 December 2015
    This is absolutely one of the best movies I've seen this year, and one of the all time most thrilling movies I've ever seen. I literally found myself gasping for air during curtain parts - feeling my gut contracting from sheer anxiety when the wave hits. The acting was solid, the story arch a bit slow but solid, visually stunning and completely emotionally devastating. I was more scared watching this movie, than I have ever been watching something that is intentionally scary.

I have a bit of a weak spot for catastrophe movies, but I can't recall ever seeing anything within the genre that was half as good as this.

Beyond the slightly cheesy ending, I think this is a masterpiece.
  • This Norwegian film is an entertaining film, that will attract a wide audience.

The setting is scary : The alarm goes off by landslides center in Geirangerfjord. What the landslide geologists have feared is a fact and a gigantic tidal wave is heading for Geiranger.

Director Roar Uthaug manages to build up the story along the way. We get to know a family of four; mum, dad, a teenage son and a young daughter. They live their lives in Geiranger. The father takes matters in his own hands, when he suspects something is horrible wrong. They are all going in for heavy weather, with the waves devastating way.

The film is both exciting and entertaining. It is so much better than other films in the same genre like f.example Armageddon and Volcano.

This kind of films are very unusual in Norway, but this is an example, that also Norwegians filmmakers can make these kinds of films, that we are so familiar with from the Hollywood. What makes this extra chilling, it's the fact that this will happen one day. Ïn the meantime you can enjoy this film from Roar Uthaug, and watch good performances from the most experienced Norwegians actors.
  • llawrance197213 September 2016
    I would prefer to give this 7.5! This gripping action movie uses real life events, future and past to create a dynamic movie with believable and fully fleshed characters. The set-up is simple, a beautiful village set on a Norwegian fjord will at some point become victim the mountain partially collapsing which will lead to a catastrophic tsunami. This film follows one of the scientists, and his family, who has been monitoring the mountain as this happens. The effects are excellent, the dialogue interesting (especially the science of the mountain) and the characterisation good as we see the varying groups of people react too and be consumed by 'The Wave'. I was aching for the resolution and found the film a satisfying if slightly salutary exploration of what is likely to occur. The actors conveyed the shock, awe, and fear of what occurs and I cared about all the characters. An very worthwhile production, it's just a shame that so few cinemas in UK showed this film as it must have been incredible on the big screen.
  • I won't give it a 1 star rating because it is actually pretty well executed,

The beginning and the middle of the movie are actually pretty good and reasonably believable.

The movie falls apart however when the tsunami actually starts. Basically people start behaving so cringe worthily stupid, that the movie loses most of the credibility it built up until then.

Pity, because it started out so well.

So , up until the wave it gets a 7.5 stars. The special effects also 7.5 stars. The plot after the wave: 1 star. Acting: 6 stars. Sound: 9 stars.
  • After watching this Norwegian film at a fully booked cinema at the premiere tonight, I must say I*m hugely impressed. Director Roar Uthaug (Cold prey, Escape) has not only managed to make good movie, he also have have an intense and believable catastrophe movie which manages to get almost all right, without falling in the cliché-ridden genre. The film is not particularly original, but have the needed up-building of characters, the expert against the rest, the hesitation, the bad choices, and so on, but they are all made without compromise.

A geologist sense there is something wrong on his last day at work in the observatory measuring movements in the mountain Åkneset, which lingers high above the Geiranger fjord. The others think he exaggerates, but then more happens. The family has one more night before they leave for the geologists new job further down South.

The film also builds up a great excitement, and we start to care about the little family.What is downright amazing, and giving the film the last extra star, is that the total production budget of this film is only about 5 million dollars. though the film looks like a million dollars.

Some of the scenes are very well done. the underwater scenes are totally believable, and so is the devastation the giant wave leaves behind. The actors are doing great. Norwegian stars Kristoffer Joner and Ane Dahl Torp are the heroic couple. The son, played by Jonas Hoff Oftebro is great as well, and so is the little sister with the funny lines.

Well done. I think I'll have to see it again.
  • Norwegian movies occasionally bring sleeper hit like the Troll Hunter, the wintry location is just perfect for things unknown. The Wave, while it may be strange to have on a mountain, is a good mix of visual cinematography, nice use of attractive vistas and simple yet engaging characters. The first act might feel a tad slow but the entirety is finely tuned compartmentalized sequences that fit together as good disaster movie.

The focus is mainly on a family of four on their last day in normally quaint city of Geiranger. Kritian (Kristoffer Joner) as the father is a geologist who admittedly too fixated on his job. Before they leave he spots some anomalies of the impending catastrophe. It's a predictable but still decent premise and while it starts rather slow, the time invested is used to familiarize audience with the characters and also the tourist attraction.

The Wave uses its setting very nicely, it capitalizes on the actual hotel and mountain, partially and understandably for promotional purpose. It's visually pleasing and involving scenery, better than most Hollywood attempts on the genre. For example, San Andreas doesn't feel as though viewer is engaged aside from excessive CG. This movie cleverly captures the essence of the place well.

It doesn't mean that there's a lack of special effect here, it's just used more appropriately. For those wanting a cool spectacle of force of nature, you won't be disappointed. Better yet, there are few scenes which really push the theatrical effect of human drama and graphical thriller so precisely, it's impressively daunting. Furthermore, audience would mostly likely relate to the family's ordeal more than investing on random calamity displays.

The Wave is a disaster movie done right, nearly every aspect of it come crashing down just at the right spot and time.
  • I'm not a fan of subtitled international films, but this film was an exception. For a Norwegian production, it was grand and very impressive. The acting was outstanding, as were the S/VFX and beautiful Norwegian setting. The 105 min run-time and pacing were perfect. The acting was great. The score was on point. Writing and directing excellent. The natural disaster thrills and suspense were perfect and very realistic. A must-watch film for sure. A well deserved 8/10 from me.
  • When I first realized that this was a foreign film with subtitles, I almost dismissed it. However, the first few minutes in, I already sensed a building tension that had me intrigued. The actors were very realistic in their roles and behaved convincingly and naturally.

Unlike other disaster films, this one was wholly realistic and obviously, very plausible. The actions and reactions of all the characters were completely within the realm of possibility. The story line is not at all sugar-coated and there is no magical knight in shining armor that sweeps in to save everyone at the last moment. It's real.

The action builds slowly to an edge-of-your-seat experience that will make you feel as though your were there.

This film has definitely changed my perception of the quality of foreign films.
  • nrpool28 August 2016
    The film starts well. Nothing that hasn't been done before, but pretty well done for all that.

It then slips into the worst of disaster movie clichés (also applies to horror films) as the characters start behaving in increasingly idiotic ways.

A full two minutes after the sirens have gone off and the fire alarm is set off in the hotel, all of the guests are still holed up in their rooms. One of them sticks their head out of their room to ask, "Is this a drill?" Seriously? What sort of cretin would think a hotel has a fire alarm drill at 2 in the morning with all the town's sirens going off.

Then there's the clueless geologists. Only the protagonist seems to have a passing knowledge of what all the data means, despite red lights going off everywhere. Each time the readings suggest there might be something wrong the chief geologist dismisses it as probably an error with the sensors. I mean what's the point of having the equipment if you're not going to believe what it's telling you.

Even when the whole mountain collapses, the fantastically idiotic woman in the early warning centre doesn't think to raise the alarm. When she's finally told to sound the sirens, she stares at the red button for long seconds, get on with it you stupid cow.

Back in the town, the hotel's guests are now milling about in the lobby, the bus driver for some unfathomable reason doesn't want to drive them up the hill. Anyway, they all die, which is fine because they were too silly.

The hero's wife then needlessly kills a man who was needlessly freaking out at an extremely unhelpful time.

When the hero finally turns up to save his wife and son, the teenage doofus decides to stop swimming while underwater because he's short of breath, rather than kicking harder for the surface. So the hero gives him the kiss of life underwater and the son continues, while the hero now decides to give up, despite only having 10 feet further to go.

Simply abysmal, but I quite enjoyed the film.
  • nikkopet4 September 2015
    First thought about this... Name of this movie is the "Wave", which sounds like a generic boring name, and i had very little. to no actually special interest to see it, but since i heard it is Oscar nominated and is one of few Norwegian films coming out, my interest was peeked a little, so me a and a friend went to see it last night.

And let me tell you, never judge a movie by its cover.

i really don't want to say anything more, the less you know, the more enjoyment you'll get, other than that.

it has some clichés moments, but i makes up for the great acting and visual effects. but by GOD... what a roller coaster of emotions. we even had some people leave the cinema, because of the impact of some scenes was so powerful.

and the worst part is, This will actually happen one day, it's not a joke.

a Must see.
  • The movie starts off with newsreels from previous natural disasters in Norwegian history. It then shifts over to the protagonist driving homewards to "Geiranger", where he and his family lives. The family live their lives in harmonious euphoria, laughing around the dinner table and talking about how amazing their new home in Stavanger is going to be. The son acts and looks like a stereotype of a teen male, constantly walking around with headphones around his neck and a skateboard in his arm. Their daughter is a charming little girl. Mom and dad are so in love you would think they got married the night before.

The protagonist (Kristoffer Joner) has just quit his job as a local geologist and the second sequence of the film takes place on his last day of work. Everybody loves him, and it's clear that he's an all around swell guy. Every five minutes the director gives us some 'not-so-subtle' foreshadowing of what's going to happen later in the movie. That's okay. After all, the main event is revealed in the title, but the metaphors are given without any subtlety and feels offensively dull and generic. At this point it becomes clear that the movie is gonna take the same, safe road that we've seen a thousand times before in all the catastrophe-themed films from Hollywood.

The dialog is lazy and feels forced, which ultimately makes the characters seem incredibly generic without any depth or individual personality other than the character traits of "teen-boy", "little girl", "heroic father", "loving mother", "boss who won't acknowledge the impending disaster". You could argue that the film doesn't attempt to be anything more than a genre-movie, but I feel that this argument is just an excuse for bad writing and a lack of originality. The film continues to use every cliché in the book, which makes for an incredibly predictable narrative.

The film is also riddled with some pretty bad acting from the supporting actors/actresses. I can't blame them; the script is horrendous and I can't imagine the director have given them much to go on. Kristoffer Joner and Ane Dahl Torp do an OK when you consider the uninspired, generic script. On the plus side, we get a great performance from "Arthur Berning", who did a terrific job in "Mannen som elsket Yngve". I believe he is an actor to look out for in the future.

The fact that this movie got 5/6 and 6/6 from every reviewer in Norway is in my opinion disgraceful and nothing more than patriotic bias. The reviews makes me suspicious as I can't believe that professional critics could ignore the lack of subtlety, originality and depth. I can't understand why they would encourage this type of forced Americanised filmmaking to our future directors and screenwriters. Meanwhile the Swedes and Danes continue to make beautiful, provocative works that enriches and strengthens their film history, as we try to blend Hollywood with Norwegian romantic nationalism. This film offers nothing more than a cheap thrill that will leave your mind as soon as the credits start rolling.

If this is the Norwegian nominee for 'Best Foreign Film' at the Academy Awards I will be nothing more than ashamed of the Norwegian film-industry. On the other hand, "Louder than Bombs" is coming to theaters soon and it just might be good enough to make up for this mess of a movie.

Summary: Generic script, bad acting (Arthur Berning being a notable exception), predictable dramaturgy and characters that rely on stereotypes. In other words; not very good.
  • With the limited budgets of European films, compared to its US counterparts, it's bloody amazing what Norwegians are putting together for the screen these days. Hodejegerne (2011), Trollhunter (2010), Dead Snow (2009), Red vs. Dead (2014) and now The Wave. Even though some critics proclaim we've seen this before, the fact is I can't think of one film based on a geological landslide and tsunami combo. Can you? Sure, there's a bit of Volcano and Dante's Peak in this film, but it is a genre movie, so it's expected. As a whole The Wave is a very impressive piece of work with a great build up and far better special effects than most films out there right now. Norway is coming strong so Sweden and Denmark will have to step up their game!
  • kosmasp27 June 2016
    It's not a big secret what is going to happen here (at least for the viewer, the characters involved do get surprised of course). The English title is telling too (don't know what the original title means). Our main character is one of those who does have the right idea or premonition. Problem is, he is actually leaving, so he won't be able to help if anything happens, right? That's something you can ask yourself while watching the movie, though you'll be able to predict most of the things that will happen.

That doesn't make this less engaging. On the contrary, it is suspense filled, the viewer waiting for what this has been advertised of. And the effects will not disappoint you. The human story as predictable as it is, is engaging too. European catastrophe drama at its best
  • judyjholland11 December 2015
    There are not any movie spoilers per say, but I do mention Norway's problems with landslides that produce tsunamis. Call it a spoiler if you must.

I'll watch a foreign film only once every two or three years, mainly because being a Californian....Hollywood has me spoiled.

The Wave however, was so well done, that I forgot all about the language barrier and subtitles after the first few minutes.

Great acting, amazing scenery (Norway is gorgeous) and storytelling.

While you get to enjoy a good disaster film, you end up learning more about Norway and the natural disasters that await them. I had no idea.

I didn't know that they monitor the fissures closely and they have determined that a landslide is inevitable. They just don't know when.

Reminds me of California. We kinda go on with our daily lives, knowing a huge earthquake is just around the corner, but they can't be predicted. We're kind of in the same boat on that one even though the Norwegians get a several minute warning.

If you love disaster movies, you'll really like this one. Don't let the fact that it's foreign scare you off. I didn't know any of the actors and didn't care. Hearing that this movie has been nominated for an Oscar should clue you in as to how good this really was.

Well done!!!
    This film has a review that states "Puts Hollywood to shame". When I read that review I mistakenly believed that it meant that the film expressed genuine creativity and avoided the time worn clichés of Hollywood.

Having watched the film I now understand that the reviewer must have meant that the film put Hollywood to shame by grossly exaggerating and extending Hollywood clichés to a level even Hollywood would be ashamed of.

If I have understood this movie correctly the lead character is a man whose job it is to save a town from destruction by a tsunami... Er... Needless to say he does not do this.

In fact he encourages people to get out of their cars as the wave approaches and then gets in a car just before it hits, this ensuring more people died than needed to while he himself was saved. As these were the same people who had not thought of simply driving up the mountain on the wrong side of the road they probably deserved to die, but maybe people in Norway are so polite that they did not want to inconvenience those driving down the mountain toward the tsunami...

My favourite character however is the femme fatale. And when I say fatale I mean mass murderer, who not only caused the death of a bus load of tourist by making them wait while she looked for her son, she then strangled the guy who had come to help her. I understand her anxiety however because when water begins defying physics then it gets kind of freaky. In one scene water pours over the top of a shelter door while an overhead service duct remains dry. Freaky.

I could go on but I have lost the will to live.
  • Never been to Norway. The scenery is impressive for me, just like I heard from the famous piano concerto. The as a movie, it offers little originality, other than a half decent mosaic from the several more famous Hollywood disaster movies from the past. The hero is always the hero, nothing can touch him with the almighty always on his side all the time, etc, etc. Guess for many of us non-Norwegians, the draw of the movie is primarily the scenery. For that, I must say it delivered for me so I am good there. Over all, this movie really feels more Hollywood than European. Even the main guy drives a Jeep! Talking about soft power:) Made me proud from this side of the pond...
    Compared to other Norwegian movies, this one really stands out. The movie takes place in one of Norway's biggest tourist attraction, Geiranger. During the movie, they discover strange activity in the mountains and suddenly, hell breaks loose.

When I write "compared to other Norwegian movies", I mean that there's a huge difference between this movie and typical Norwegian movies. There's nothing much to complain about in this movie, really, but I do want to point out that this movie is kind of weak looked at from a critic's perspective.

The budget for this movie is 50 000 000kr (about $6 070 000 +), and that is A LOT of money for poor little Norway (Jokes.).

So, let's be real now. This is a movie about a big wave which consumes Geiranger, OK. Then what? If we look away from all the editing and practical effects, what's left? Well, I'm going to tell you; there's nothing. Except for decent acting and, I'm quoting @Hal Boe here, a "predictable soup of clichés."

It's a movie about a wave hitting Geiranger for crying out loud. That's it. The critic reviews are too soft. The only reason this movie has been rated so good, so far, is because Norway hasn't delivered something this big before, ever. You can, by looking at the characters, tell who's going to live and who's not. When they portrayed the family and the idyllic surroundings, I knew this would be a "happy ending for the main characters and to hell with all the supporting characters"-movie. This would've been a good movie if it wasn't so predictable.

Conclusion: I wasted 140kr.
  • lovinglobo26 August 2016
    A team of scientists on a mountain have 1 job, and one job only, to press a button when the mountain will collapse. They are equipped beyond believe. Private helicopter, head mounted wireless camera's, multiple stations, 70 inch flat screen TV's everywhere and sensors all over the place. Somehow, despite a full day of pretty clear warnings of their sensors, they finally manage to press the button, after staring at it for a cringe inducing eternity, only when the mountain is visibly collapsing. The birds know before these dumb asses figure it out. Unfortunately from all people that need to die in this movie, only one scientist is among them. Even though it was the most annoying one of the bunch, by the time the mountain finally collapses I was ready to hand out darwin awards to all of them. Respect lost.

This movie proceeds to play out like a porn movie. You get to know the characters and then you know they will have to survive while a whole lot of people, who you have not been introduced to or who were so annoying you wanted them to die, get killed.

Realism is lost on this movie. After the tsunami has hit somehow the whole city seems to be on fire? Conveniently placed underwater lights help us see? Our hero wears an altitude meter and has a waterproof flashlight on hand so on...

Why did they even make this movie? It's pretty much every disaster movie you've ever seen, but then with lemmings from Norway.