User Reviews (3)

• Despite the hype it created, I watched the film without much expectations. The film is a coming-of-age drama sprinkled with comical instances. The movie starts off with a flashback and it turns out to be quite interesting. But as the story progresses, the film seems to lack the momentum it initially created. Fortunately, the lead cast played by Unni Mukundan, Dulquer Salmaan, and Namitha Pramod keeps the film going and boy, they are quite charismatic! Also, Santhosh Keezhattoor (as Kunjunni Menon) delivers an appreciable debuting performance. Though the story is not completely novel, the director makes enough effort to deliver an entertainer. The story is told through an effective nonlinear narrative.

The first half tends to be blunt in nature and it is as if the film is struggling to form a relationship between the actors but it doesn't adversely affect viewer's experience. The second half, on the other hand, is livelier and several characters show increased dynamism

The film's music is composed by Bijibal, a National Award winning music director, and he doesn't disappoint the audience at all. The film also feature a couple of stunts with one being a lengthy one but it ain't difficult to watch.

Overall, and I'm quoting here, "it's a simple story but well told with great performances from the cast and good songs that fit so snugly into the narrative they seem to be part of the dialogue" (Wilson, Heather). There is nothing outstanding about the film but it does a decent job in conveying a couple of noble thoughts without becoming overly preachy. It is worth a watch.

BOTTOM LINE: A solid entertainer. Can be watched with a typical Indian family? Yes
  • Vikramadithyan contains a great story which cast with impressive actors and actresses . The movie stars with Dulquer Salmaan, Unni Mukundan and Namitha Pramod. Nothing to say about Dulquer . He is one of the best in the world and he has proved it again. I have become a fan of Namitha after watching this movie. Mukundan and others also did fabulous job. The movie has a lot of positive outlooks and thoughts towards life. I would like to recommend all to watch this movie.
  • divyakurian30 December 2018
    I loved the movie Vikramadityan. The last twist just took away my heart. When the person realizes his or her potential then they would put in their best to achieve the best. The movie talks about how Dulquer managed to come out of the struggles and still be down to earth and not showing off his achievements. Great performance by Dulquer and the appearance of Nivin Pauly was good too.