• edwagreen10 February 2015
    Don't you think that at times Kelli Martin looked too old for the part and that her mother-in-law to be even looked younger?

That being said, we have an interesting, often funny and yet poignant story of traditional versus now-a-days. Two women in competition over their bridal gown stores don't realize that the younger owner has fallen for the other owner's son. It is funny how the latter attempts to keep the news from both women and of course the mayhem that you would expect to break out when each finds out.

Of course, we have the mother trying to sabotage the relationship, even going as far as to insult the woman's father, a widower who wed 3 times after his wife's death. Nice seeing Bruce Boxleitner in the role of the father. He looks like Al Gore in certain scenes.

Of course we know that a rapprochement shall have to be reached between mother and son's fiancé since love conquers all.
  • The story is OK. A bridal shop owner runs a business which caters to clients looking for non-traditional wedding attire. A chance meeting with a lawyer brings a man into the shop owner's life. A man whose mother also happens to own a competing bridal shop but with a snobbish slant. Overall the actors do OK. But, the characters just don't seem to fit together logically. I just don't buy it. Kelli Martin is a good actress but just is not the right person for this role, bless her heart. Quirky has been used in previous reviews to describe her character, but to me she comes off as a bit pitiful, unattractive, whiny, and just too odd and difficult for any sane person to want to have a relationship with. I did like the love interest character although I can't see why someone like him and from his background would have any interest in the bridal shop owner played by Martin. I am a guy, and not embarrassed to admit I like Hallmark chick-flicks. But this one for the reasons listed above is nowhere near the top of my Hallmark "like" list.
  • This movie was not good. Often I forgive a lot in chick-flicks because I am enjoying them so much but this one was just boring. No effort was put in the story or the performances. It's predictable and annoying at times.

I love stories about weddings and romance, but no chemistry between the couple was to be found. The main character was one-dimensional. They tried to give her character by making her quirky, which never works. The love-interest had no development and was just there as plot point. Only the mother-in-law had a little backstory. They make her the villain for so long that at the time you have to start liking her it's too fast of a turnaround.

There is not enough in this movie to make it awful, but there is certainly nothing good here either.
    No good script.

Couple ages not match.

Not very real ... someone that always interrupts and say bad of your mother is not natural to fall in love.

Not real that the mayor daughter would like dress like that.

I just saw half. Not worth see the rest.

The yoga and oriental food, the physiologist to artificial.

The relation between them not natural like kiss out of nothing.

They are not bad actors, but the things they have to do is completely unreal.
  • Touching, sweet, romantic comedy & drama. Well, it doesn't classify as a romance according to IMDb, but I beg to differ. It was unlike most movies in the way of romance. It didn't have the most prettiest gal nor the most handsomest guy as the main characters, but that's what was different about it. The acting was good. It had a charming appeal! It's worth one viewing.
    The heroine is a wonderfully layered, also quirky, character. I just love her. I actually fell for the hero, which was a surprise to this writer. The hero is rather laid back and not quite as multi-dimensional as the heroine. He is, however, oh so supportive and obviously in love with her.

Enjoyed the best friend(s) his and hers. They added dimension and furthered the story. (Spoiler) Enjoyed the vintage clothing, big time.

This plot has the perfect degree of conflict, and a villain you can really dislike then maybe, perhaps, forgive.

If these characters shed a tear, my throat got tight. I usually pick a story apart, but with SO YOU SAID YES, I'm too busy enjoying. I often wonder WHY or WHEN they fell for each other, but in this movie, I could see it happening and why.
  • Kelly Martin was 40 when she filmed this. No, that's not old in real life. But in a movie that's all about a "girl in love" for the first time, it was ludicrous. This is the usual Hallmark misogynistic pap. The females are all neurotic or silly; the males are smugly tolerant and well-liked.
  • Hockridge13 January 2019
    While I think we are all accustomed to these movies being predictable and with the same happy ending - I am only partially through viewing this movie but was astonished at how boring the lead actors were. There is nothing to cheer on in this movie. The leads have no chemistry - zero. Some of the supporting cast had more going for them in the way of entertainment. Since we are flooded with romance movies in December and January I would suggest this one can easily be passed.
  • Nice movie, not complicated and you can just lay back, relax and enjoy! Fell in love with Sam, nice guy, direct and adorable actions! One of my favorite hallmark movies!
  • frugalfolks16 October 2019
    Everyone knows how these movies end! In this one the man's mother looks much better & younger than poor Kellie Martin. I know she can't help looking old for her age, but she really needs to fix those frown lines around her mouth. After all, she is an actress trying to play a younger woman. Her looks in this role distracts from the story. Sorry Kellie.
  • Add this to the list of hallmark movies where the wonderful man falls in love with an annoying and high-maintenance woman for no apparent reason. my favorite part was bruce boxlietner as the father. sad to say, kellie martin looks rough and is nearly unrecognizable. (her hair rarely looks brushed and often hides her face.) Annabelle (the main female) becomes more likeable as the movie goes on but the plot is predictable enough it isn't able to save the film from the early fumbles.
    I recorded this yesterday to watch it today, as I thought it'd be great. It was okay, but it ended badly. We go through this long movie to see then get married, and the torrential rain ruins their outdoor and indoor wedding plans. Mother-in-law has an idea! Then they're inside a courthouse and it is sunny and beautiful outside. What? This ending totally ruined the wedding for me.
  • marsmii21 September 2016
    I managed to get through 1/2 of it, but it was agony so turned it off. Kellie Martin has not aged well and always has a stressed look to her in any roll she plays anymore. She looks much older than what she actually is, so her playing the romantic lead in a movie just doesn't work. Maybe she'd be better in a heavier roll as a detective or a librarian---or maybe she could learn to lighten up and smile. It was not an enjoyable movie even though the male lead did a great job. Jennifer Dale was good as his snooty mother but she seemed too young to be his mother. I agree with the person who said Kellie and Jennifer looked close in age. Bruce Boxleitner is always a joy to watch.
  • moonheart12 January 2019
    The storyline is ok, but when the mother-in-law to be looks the same age or younger than the bride to be, it takes away all believability.