Between love and hate I couldn't decide, but I didn't stop watching it either.
With an amusing twist in the first episode the ecchi starts on a good foot, cheese and stilted dialog aside.
As the season progressed and much as I wanted to hate "ToaNSD" for its predictability, "Fan Service" and shoehorned ecchi moments it grew on me.
The "broken" protagonists growth was imperfect, the animation and story made me think it was a dated early 2000's anime vs 2015.
But for all of that, for every flaw easily critiqued, I kept watching the anime and before long the first season was over.
The 2nd season was even more over the top, more Demons, more cheese, more fetishes and seemed to make even less sense.
- Classic Ecchi moments.
- Predictable but lovable characters.
- Consistent animation.
- English Dubbing.
- Amusing "Fan Service".
- There is an OVA.
- Only 2 seasons.
- Early episodes have some silted dialog (English Dubbing).
- Story often advanced with little explanation, I'm assuming those who've read the Mangas could follow allow better.
- Story details left unresolved, for example the protagonist has two mothers, and a former god is watching over him, but that's left on the table.
- Main characters are chumps in one episodes and nearly godlike in another (without a training montage to justify the "upgrade".
- Some seriously over the top "Fan Service".
- Fight scenes are often cut short and lack any epic flair.
- The protagonist takes demon drugs for "reasons", seems like an unneeded story device.
- Much if the audio effects seem "sampled", pretty sure they used the "Tardis" sound effects and different audio details from other anime's.