• Justice League: Gods and Monsters is a much welcomed return to the quality standard DC Animated established that was a bit lacking in the last few entries since Justice League War, Son of Batman and others. What makes it even more special is that it isn't based on any material but is a new, original take on the Justice League.

If you haven't seen the free-to-watch shorts, know that the almost all characters have little to none in common with their original, classic counterparts and only share the same handles and loosely the same function within the league. Superman is now the son of Zodd, Batman has no problems killing villains by sucking their blood Dracula-style and Wonder Woman has a completely different background. New faces, new abilities, new origins and relations etc. Considering how much was already done in Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Batman Beyond and Justice League, it's really refreshing to see Bruce Timm back doing new things while still maintaining the similar feel and quality the classic Justice League series are known for. While it's not quite on par with the best episodes of the Diniverse/Timmverse, it's definitely up there with the good ones.

A good portion of the fun is discovering familiar characters and see what has changed about them. You'll see familiar faces or just familiar outfits, notice what changed on the first sight and wonder what what else is new about that character and where they'll go with him. The good thing about it that they don't feel neither better nor worse, gimmicky or unnecessary, just different and effective in waking my curiosity and it makes the impression the makers had fun with it for the most part. It succeeds where Justice League War, another alternate universe JLA movie, failed.

The story tells the origin of each of the three Justice League members with a plot-line in the current time and is pretty much straight forward, but interesting enough and well paced. The downside of is that you have to be familiar with the DC universe to a degree, otherwise you'll be wondering about the function of a couple of characters with small screen time and won't care for their destinies as much.

The action is a bit lacking, but the focus is more on storytelling and characters anyways, so its a good trade off. A change here is now that the JL member are much more ruthless and have less remorse, which results in some bloody kills. It's a good thing that the writers have more freedom in that regard, however in this case it feels a bit forced and clumsy. It feels weird seeing them crush some goons with a huge and heavy door and seeing blood coming out underneath it. Perhaps I'm just too used to the DC Animated series, but it felt more out of place rather than adding anything to it. They got it right in a few scenes, but for the most part it felt just like a gimmick - violence just to show they can do it, without any meaningful impact or purpose.

Overall it is good, solid and refreshing fun. It's a good mix of old and new with very similar art-style to the series and is a great way to start things off. It has it's faults like a few characters being degraded to throwaways (Darkseid, Harley Quinn in the shorts...) or not being more subtle on certain things, but the rest makes easily up for it. There is much potential and hopefully we'll see more of it, maybe even in a form of a series just like in the old days. It's deserves a shot.
  • In an alternate universe, the Justice League is a brutal force that maintains order on Earth. As a result of the Justice League's savage tactics, their unaccountability is ultimately challenged by the world's governments following the suspicious deaths of renowned scientists.

Admittedly, I was initially influenced by some of the negative reviews that lashed out at the concept of Justice League: Gods and Monsters; however, this DC Animated Film was surprisingly entertaining. Directed by, Sam Liu, the dark and violent atmosphere suited the overall theme of the movie. Although this is an alternate Justice League from the one I grew to love over the years, this is definitely an exciting addition to the Justice League Animated Movie Series.

7 Stars.
  • I was hesitant about what Gods and Monsters would bring to the table. I was hoping it put DC animated movies back on track after some mediocre entries like Throne of Atlantis. And I'm delighted to announce that DC is back. Gods and Monsters is another great entry in DC's animated film catalog that can stand alongside some of the greats like Under the Red Hood or Flashpoint Paradox.

The story has an interesting premise. We see three of the founding members of the Justice League in this Elseworld story where the Justice League is more brutal and morally gray which makes the government feel threatened. Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman are center stage and each have a newer origin story which help flesh out the characters more. The origin stories blend nicely with the rest of the story and add certain emotion when necessary. Lastly, as usual, there is a threat that affects the entire world except this time the threat is framing the Justice League and causing it to be feared even more by the government than they already are. Along the way, there are some nice twists and turns which help the viewer stay engaged.

The voice acting is top notch and was a nice and refreshing change from the usual Kevin Conroy and Tim Daly. As much as I love them, it was great to hear some new voices.

Overall, this Elseworld story is a fantastic addition to the DC Animated Universe and is a clever spin on what could be a normal Justice League movie. The darker and grittier tone allowed the film to fully develop this newer Justice League to their full potential and just made the film more intriguing in general. Definitely check this one out.

"Someone once asked if I wanted to save the world or rule it. Today it's going to be hard to tell the difference"
  • Writers seem to love alternate universe type shows which allow them the creative flexibility to play with the mindsets and motivations of our beloved character as well as kill characters off with impunity knowing that they will rise again once everything is "reset". These type shows have been executed with varying degrees of success. "The Flashpoint Paradox" is an example of doing this well. "Gods and Monsters" follows in its footsteps as an example of a well executed parallel universe movie.

The characters are fleshed out enough for us to become attached without going into so much "origin" as to affect the pacing of the episode or to ruin the opportunity for future exploration of the characters. The show is violent but the violence is not gratuitous as there is purpose to it in the movie. That being said I would not show this to very young children. The ultimate gauge of how well this type of shows succeeds is whether or not we want to return to this reality to see what happens next after the final credits roll. It can also be judged by how well it stacks up against the "normal" reality as in the TV show "Fringe" which created an alternate setup which became at times more engaging than the "normal" reality.

"Gods and Monsters" does this successfully and I hope we can revisit this alternate universe sometime in the future with subsequent installments. A few caveats: If you don't like liberties taken with your characters or your idea of an "alternate" universe is that Flash's lightning bolt is green instead of yellow, but that he is fundamentally the same character and/or will come around to being the same character you are used to then this is not the show for you. If you can let go of some of your preconceptions about the characters then you will find this an enjoyable excursion.
  • To say that I've become disenfranchised by the DC Animated films would be a bit of an understatement. Ever since Justice League: War, they've just been a mess. There was the one bright spot of Assault on Arkham but otherwise they've just been dull action movies that don't do the characters justice. Thank goodness WB brought back Bruce Timm, who was one of the primary creative forces behind the Batman and Justice League animated series that kicked off DC animated projects being good in the first place. The result is the best DC animated film since New Frontier.

Gods and Monsters can be said to be the first true Elseworlds story that's been done in animation. Sure there's been some parallel world stuff (Crisis on Two Earths) and plenty of out of continuity stand alones (like the aforementioned New Frontier) but they've still kept the characters pretty close to the standard versions we all know. None have really tried to craft a completely new vision of what these characters are, and that's what this story does. It makes the wise choice of having different characters taking on the mantles of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman rather than actually trying to muck about with Clark, Bruce or Diana. Instead Superman is the son of Zod, Batman is Kirk Langstrom (better known as the Man-Bat in the main DC universe) and Wonder Woman is one of the New Gods (such as High Father and Darkseid.) Their backstories are explored just enough to give a good picture of these versions without ever bogging down the narrative itself.

Like any good Elseworlds story, this is an "all bets are off" take where any prior knowledge of the main DC universe can add some weight when characters like Victor Fries or Dr. Sivanna get name dropped, but nobody is exactly the same as their standard representation. All of the voice work is solid, and each of the primary characters (and even some of the secondary ones) are given the chance to stretch a little and show some dimension.

The action is also a huge step up from what we've gotten lately. Most of the DCAU films based on the New 52 continuity have had well done yet rather mundane action sequences. The problem is that those films are trying for a more realistic version of fights, which isn't what animation is good for. Animation is good for over the top stuff that couldn't be replicated by just two actors and a fight choreographer, and that over the top stuff is what we get here.

I don't think I can recommend this highly enough for anybody who has found the recent output of DC animated films to be sorely lacking. This is a return to form, it's a top notch story, it's a fun and engrossing new take on characters and it's the kind of thing I hope we see more of in the future.
  • The characters portrayed in the Justice League are very different from the ones we are usually used to see. The back-story of the characters has been changed and even the real life names of the characters have been changed. This makes for an interesting and gripping plot. Its refreshing to see the characters out of their clichéd stories.

If you are willing to try something out of the comfort zone this is it. The supporting characters have a much different role to play. This storyline is well worth further exploitation. The ending is a platitude that you can expect from Justice League. But the movie is well written and made.
  • For the past two years, DC's Original Animated Movie lineup was a bit shaky in terms of quality, unlike the 6 years preceding it. Going in, even with Bruce Timm (a legend in American animation) returning, my hopes were not high. I had read the prequel comic series, and I found it entertaining but unnecessarily dark and feared that the movie would suffer from the same flaw. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. It exceeded all my expectations and then some.

The movie showcases an alternate DC universe, which has a darker Justice League who investigate the mystery of some missing scientists. The fallacy of many parallel earth stories are that they do a tacked-on comparison with the originals. Gods and Monsters does it in such a way that is to be applauded with neat hints to Ray Palmer's shrinking technology, the treaty between Apokolips and New Genesis which really gives us a feel to the new universe that is being created here. The story is really great, with focus being on this world's Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, and a last minute twist that no one could have predicted, yet is very faithful to the source material, a silent nod to some relatively recent comic series, such as "52" and "Prelude to Trinity War". The morals of these characters are not black-and-white, which makes it harder to root for them.

The characterization is top-notch, especially with Lex Luthor, Will Magnus and Batman (voiced by the amazing Michael C. Hall, famous for Dexter, who really steals the show). On that note, the voice acting in this one is brilliant, with the exception of Lex Luthor, who seemed a little off to me. The fight scenes are brutal and epic on a grand scale, however, the little moments, such as the revelation of Bekka's tragic past and Kirk's college flashbacks' are the real highlights of the movie. Even in the short span of 60 minutes, it makes you care deeply for these characters, despite their fallacies.

Overall, Gods and Monsters is a great alternate take on the DC Universe, which can be enjoyed by fans, especially since it is laden with easter eggs, and newcomers alike, because of it's accessibility. With great voice acting, excellent animation and a compelling story, it is a must watch for any Justice League fan.
    I love the Dc movies i haven't missed one in years but lately for every great movie they make they make three or four horrible ones. Crisis on two earths, under the red hood, flash point paradox were breath taking. But as far as the justice league war and the son of batman series goes. They are horrible its like you wait the whole movie for the other shoe to drop.

But not this one the start was no where near strong but i warmed up to it. Gods and monsters definitely could have been better and didn't explain somethings like i would like it to. But was still a god send after i sat through DC's throne of Atlantis. At least in this movie it is made believable as to why this version of superman is getting his butt kicked. This awesome story with this all star cast was like peanut butter and jelly they where made for each other. The dude that did Dexter was born to voice this version of batman. I think if DC keeps along this track they will hopefully quit putting out movies with god awful writing like son of batman.
    When characters are actually mortal.

So we have a very different take on the Big Three of DC. Superman is the son of General Zod raised by migrant farmers, Batman is a vampiric form of Dr. Kirk Langstrom (AKA the Man Bat) and Wonder Woman is resident of New Genesis who fled to Earth after her family wiped out Apokolips. These heroes have no compunctions about killing the bad guys.

So someone is using killer robots to murder scientists who would normally be enjoying careers as super heroes or villains in the regular DC Universe. The use of Powers and their arrogant nature makes the Alt-Justice League the obvious suspects.

Nice flashbacks of how the characters came to be, very well told.

The twist ending mostly works, and it is nice to see alternate takes on the characters.
  • Flashpoint paradox was the only DC animated l enjoyed in recent years, and especially JL War and Throne of Atlantis were particularly bland and boring.

l suggest anyone to watch the mini introduction chronicles first to get a sense of the new versions of the league members in this alternate universe (especially Superman - Bomb!!). And if you can spend the time to read the 3 (each) mini comic releases for each of these characters you will have a much satisfying experience of this story.

Especially l am amazed with Bekka (Wonderwoman of this universe) origin story and how much deeper Bekka as a character compared to mostly bland Diana. Probably her past on Apocalypse was the best sub-story l ever encountered in DC stories. (This is as much as l can say with out spoilers).

Definitely worth watching, especially if you were a fan of Batman Animated series from 90s. Story is much more darker than regular DC ones, but not pointlessly violent. Don't miss this threat as it does not happen nowadays often.
    A good twist on the old formula After watching DCs newest animated film I have to say i am impressed. They took the well know characters of Batman, Wonder Woman and superman, and they changed it just a bit, which resulted in a lo more dark and gritty justice league. The characters are well thought of, not acting based on clichés, and the voice acting is really good. The story is good but based on the 3 pre-released short on you tube I was - expecting even more, especially after watching super-mans short with Braniac, which is genius. The twist of the story is a bit expected, and quite similar to the standard Justice lord story arc, but that was good, so fits here as well. I recommend watching it to all comic lover except to those who hate when the lore of the comics changed (if you hated iron man 3 because of the Mandarin don't watch it)
  • This was one hell of an awesome addition to the DCAU. The story of DC's Trinity of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman whose means of operating on earth is brutal and don't shy away from killing their enemies are packed with multi-layered characters and retells their origins in an engaging and sticks with you.

The animation was amazing set in the style of the mid 2000's Justice League/Unlimited and is definitely my preferred visual style of the DC animated movies.

Don't think twice about watching, because this is as close as can get to a must-watch for fans of the League even though it's an alternate version of it.
    Justice League Gods and Monsters.

I'm always excited when a new DC animated movie comes out. Here are my thoughts with Possible SPOILERS but none that involve the story.

The film opens on Krypton (Supermans home world) we quickly learn this film is going to take place in a different universe. We get to see this universe of The Justice League who still fight crime but in a very different (Killing) way. the people of Earth have mixed feelings on them if they are good or bad, Gods or Monsters. we are left guessing and thinking that very question.

Superman who is Zods son, had a similar upbringing to that of Clark. He is the strongest being on Earth, he KNOWS at any point he can take over the Earth if he wants to. He still fights crime, works for the president but does what he wants. kills BAD guys with no remorse. Believes it is for the good of the people and Earth.

Wonder women's back story is very different and her people. we see apocalypses world and WonderWomen falling in love. Her world is a fantastic fantasy world with music fit for this fantasy world. She is now on Earth running from her past and has joined the Justice League.

Batman who is not Bruce Wayne but Kirk Langstrom, still behaves like our batman, creeping through the night and a detective and scientist. But he is a Vampire with vampire strength and a first for blood, and has no remorse if he kills bad guys.

I really enjoyed the story. It left me guessing who is bad, who will die, and getting to see these very different characters. For these reasons I enjoyed the film more and more as it progressed. The character designs were good, I liked Supermans character and his look the most. his costume was toned down with the S on his belt. I wasn't a fan of Batmans costume, but enjoyed his character.

The voice acting was strong, it pulled me more into the story. Not one character we see felt like dead weight. The fight scenes had everything, sword fights, stealth and close combat. Buildings and grounds destroyed and lots of Blood and deaths. The music and sound FX brought the whole film to life. Each character had there own music. Wonder Women had a more fantasy music. Superman's music was more, batlleand out of this world type of music. batmans was the typical music, that fits so well for his character. The sound effects felt solid, each laser shots or punches and sword fights, (blade hitting blade) and supermans sound as he fly, was done really well and perfect.

DC has had lots of hits and sometimes misses with there films, and this is definitely a HIT. It was a pleasing change. I liked the story, and I began to like the characters By the halfway point, especially superman. So much so that I would love to see more of this superman. I want to watch the film again. DC have planed an animated series based on this Universe coming out soon, and season 2 has already been green lit, with a possible sequel film down the line.

This film gets a 8/10 Any

negative comments are by people who don't like change, they want the same characters over and over. Don't let that fool you, I recommend you see this film
    Its an alternate universe where the Justice League isn't what we remember them as. Our Superman is the son of Zod and not the Clark Kent we know, our Batman is actually Man-Bat Kirk Langstrom who is a blood sucking Vampire and our Wonder Woman is the violent Bekka. Together this trinity forms a violent Justice League who kill with ease.

The plot moves forward as there seems to be a trail of dead scientists as the Justice League are framed. We see the back-stories of the three as we learn how and why they are as they are. Other than our different lead superheroes, the main plot is fairly nothing new and is something which we would see in a regular Justice League episode.

Its violent fun with like most of the recent DC animated films with a lot of bloody deaths. The action scenes, voice acting and animation are pretty good.

• DC's animated movies in the recent years has been pretty bad starting from Justice League: War and onward. Assault on Arkham was the only one that was decent in my opinion. Justice League: Gods and Monsters is a return to form for the DC animated movies with it's interesting story, great action sequences, and interesting alternate take on the DC Universe.

A lot of the negative reviews for this movie was written due to this alternate universe not feeling like the original DC Universe. When they first released the different character looks and change of identity, I too was hesitant being a huge DC Comics fan. But I decided to keep an open mind and go with what they are doing and I have to say, after seeing the movie, it has left me wanting more of this universe, especially Wonder Woman's side of history as I found it to be very interesting being a huge fan of the Fourth World and New Gods story line.

The story itself is very dark, much darker than most of the movies that DC has done. The movie isn't pointlessly violent but uses it's violence to really help the viewer immerse into it's world

I really liked the look of the old Animated DC TV series but done with modern technology so everything looks sharper and smoother. I did find at times, a few parts of the movie did not look as sharp as majority of the movie but it's so small, it won't disrupt the viewing experience.

This film is a great entry into DC's long list of Animated Movies and should not be missed by any DC fan. Even if you aren't a DC fan, this will be worth your time as animated movies like this do not happen often. (It is good to watch the 3 mini filmy trailers before watching this movie as it will help you understand the world better.)
    Batman: Bad Blood is garbage, watch this instead I wish I watched this sooner.

This movie has been literally sitting in my DVD collection for almost a year and I just let it sit there because I thought this it was going to suck. Frankly, the design for Batman looks lame and the animation style I saw in the trailer wasn't doing it for me so after someone gave me this as a gift, I benched it without a second thought. Anyway, like sometime last week a was cleaning and saw this animated movie just sitting there and I thought, why not? Damn. Just damn, this is probably one of the best DCU movies I've seen in at least 2 years. Bad Blood, the recent Batman movie was garbage so it was nice to discover this gem. The film is both epic and entertaining. It gets away with a lot of things because this isn't the classic take on the Justice League. As you can tell, this is a totally different team, with totally different origins and etc, etc, just watch it. You'll thank me and it will help wash out the bad taste of Bad Blood from your mouth.
    I won't lie, the movie sort of lost me a bit in the beginning, I mean, it starts with the animation of an "artificial insemination"? What? Lol, that was at least a... different way to start a superhero movie. All that been said, I would say the movie only gets better after it.

It took me a while to get the right feel of it, I think at first is truly difficult to root for our "main characters", and to understand their motives (I mean, they start the movie been some cold as# killers). But right around 2/3 of the movie, I understood what was about and what they were going for. The movie is about anti-heroes, you aren't supposed to 100% agree with that they do, even though they are called "Superman", "Wonder Woman" and "Batman". I won't say I think they movie reaches they potential it had. However, I like some of the ideas behind it, and I like that they tried to change things a bit.

The twist of Batman's friend been the real villain at the end was ok, I truly didn't see it coming, and that's a plus (I guess).

Overall, I think the movie definitely makes some bad choices, like starting the movie with a sperm, or introducing hard core killer versions of our most beloved heroes and expecting us to side with them. But I have to give them credit to trying change things a bit and telling a different story, I like the take of "Superman raised by immigrants", and I don't mind the Batman been a vampire, even though it's far from been that smart of a decision. Some of the flashbacks doesn't actually connects with the main story (like WW's one, besides the last scene of her going somewhere with Luthor), others are cool (like Batman's).

To sum up tho, it's truly a mix bag, it has some ups and downs, but I feel the need to give them the extra credit for telling a different story, and trying something new.

6,5/10
  • Love animation and have really enjoyed to loved many superhero films, animated and live-action. Of the DC animated films, there are some good ones out there as well as some disappointments and ones that fall in between.

Although the very different portrayal of the Justice League characters will take a lot of getting used to, their personalities and back-stories changed beyond recognition for die-hard fans struggling with the concept, the alternate universe concept was a very interesting one and mostly the execution was very good, its best elements great. 'Justice League: Gods and Monsters' is one of those divisive films, purists are likely to not care for it but those who have been disappointed by general DC animated standards (which to me has been variable) they will be rewarded.

'Justice League: Gods and Monsters', like a good deal of DC animated films, could have been better with a longer length by about 10-15 minutes or so and the pace slowed down. The ending in particular felt rushed and didn't seem developed enough.

Having said that, 'Justice League: Gods and Monsters' has better story and characterisation execution than most DC animated films that needed to be longer and not as hasty. The story is one of the darkest and grittiest of any DC animated film and all the better for it because to me that's the right approach to take.

It's also very gripping, makes the most of its concept without being too simple or confusing and gives the characters interesting stories, especially Wonder Woman. The characters are intriguingly handled and with intense and potent character interaction, though there could have been more of a few of them (i.e. Lex Luthor). The action is violent and exciting, though perhaps there could have been more of it.

'Justice League: Gods and Monsters' is very good, often great. There are some very nice detailed backgrounds, the characters are designed well and the colours are dynamic and atmospheric. The music is both haunting and rousing, a good fit for the film's mood.

Writing is far from simplistic or childish and the voice acting is impressive, Michael C. Hall being brilliant while Benjamin Bratt is one of the better voices for Superman of the DC animated films and others show that with good material they can act (C. Thomas Howell).

Concluding, 'Justice League: Gods and Monsters' may not be quite godly but it is far from monstrous, closer to the former than the latter. 8/10 Bethany Cox
  • I love the DC animated films. Batman Under the red hood, Assault on Arkham and Justice League Flashpoint are near masterpieces and they have a rewatchability value. This one was dull and forgettable. Had a promising start but my mind drifted and i could not get into it if i'm honest.

From the beginning of the film i was confused. Maybe i have missed something from another Justice League film but why does 'Gods and Monsters' take place in an alternative universe for a start? We get new versions of Superman (looking like Frylock from ATHF), Batman (looking like Nightowl from Watchmen) and Wonder Woman, but none of the others? No Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern etc. I mean it was hard to follow at first, but with a good storyline it could have worked. Yet i cant even remember much of the storyline for this one. Zod is trying to take over the world and this alternate Justice League stop him? I didn't really like Batman's new powers either. He was some sort of vampire and he actually killed his victims, yes this Batman has victims! Sure, in Flashpoint Thomas Wayne took on the mantle of Batman and killed a lot of people, but this was shown to us properly with a real plot device and we knew that this was not the Batman we are used to. With Gods and Monsters its harder to establish because we meet this guy from the start and are given no backstory based around him. The worst part for me was that on the poster we see the Trinity we know and love, but they never show up, not even to tell us what is going on.

I don't have such a problem with alternate universes. Like i said, Flashpoint takes place in most of the alternate universe with different versions of the characters, Superman was skinny etc. But it was explained which is what this film needed, maybe even through flashbacks at the beginning of the film. I didn't actually have a problem with the new version of Wonder Woman. She looked cool and was a badass like her well- known self. She was the only one that vaguely felt like a member of the league. In the end, there isn't much to say. I was looking forward to 'Gods and Monsters' got to see it early and well.. I'd recommend watching one of the dozens of other DC animated films instead. It isn't a terrible film, just lacks what most superhero features offer us today. I hope the next one gives us something more satisfying.
  • It starts with the premise that what if the super heroes are not worshipped for their greatness and had weakness just like other humans. When faced against severe odds will they succumb to thier weakness or force themselves to rise above the challenge. It's a good watch and keeps you glued on till the end.
  • errant-5278531 March 2021
    It's fine, but like most alternate reality stories, I found myself asking what the point is.
  • rdamian196328 March 2021
    Another WB DC animated mivie that just doesn't do much. Alternate universe but still crisp animation with a so so storyline. The voice acting is flat which adds to the mediocre performance of this film.
  • Gods and Monsters takes place in an alternate universe where the Justice League is made up of a trio of alternate versions of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman who maintain peace and order in Metropolis with a more forceful and direct approach where they break laws rules and even kill the worst criminals but they do so to protect the innocent and bring order and justice to a crime filled world it's really just there methods that are different from the Justice League we know but they still have principles and values that make them more a force for good than evil but because of there quick to action before thinking attitude and there disregard for the rules and laws mankind try to place upon them when the best scientific minds in the world begin to turn up dead and all evidence puts them as the only suspects the government and the public don't believe they are innocent and begin a back up plan put in place to destroy the Justice League should they go to far code named (Operation Fair Play) now the Justice League must investigate the deaths of the scientists clear there names and find the culprit behind the murders.

In this universe Batman is (Dr. Kirk Langstrom) who becomes Batman instead of Manbat after a failed lab experiment leaves him with a hunger for blood but was found by Superman in the gutter feeding on rats and gave him a purpose as Batman in the Justice League.

Wonder Woman is (Bekka) granddaughter of Highfather who after her new husband Orion son of Darkseid is killed by Highfather during there wedding as a inside attack on Darkseid and Necropolis takes up a sword against injustice but still the loss of her love and her grandfathers betrayal still weighs heavily upon her.

Superman is (Hernan Guerra) who was created when general Zod uses his fingerprint to transfer his genetic code into a spacecraft called an incubator pod that acts as an artificial womb for the child of Lara Supermans mother so he becomes Supermans father instead of Jor El making giving him many of Zods traits making him more ruthless, strong and a passion to lead or rule people but he his still Lara's child and some good remains inside him driving him to be better than his tyrant father who doomed his home planet of Krypton.

This animated movie is it's own story outside of the official cannon DCU continuity but that doesn't mean it's not worth watching as it's an interesting look at a world that could of been and is just one of the many alternate realities in the DCU where we see a different Justice League with different rules lives and powers that make for some excellent stories and some awesome fights and that's what we all came for at the end of the day.
    This was different. The film re-introduces Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman in stories that are indeed alien to us. If you thought you knew their tales, think again. In this alternative Earth, these three form the Justice League. The world both loves and fears them as their war on terrorism lacks compassion and sensitivity. When it appears the world's top scientist are being killed off by the Justice League, they must defend themselves from the world while trying to save it by finding the real killer.

I found the story interestingly different and refreshing. Lex Luthor is in a chair looking like Captain Pike. Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen are also in this episode.
  • Superman - the Son of Zod Batman - Kirk Langston - Vampire created by science Wonder Woman - Bekka, exile from the New Gods

These are the heroes who are the government sponsored Justice League. Framed for a crime, they have to clear their names before President Waller has them taken down. Really excellent imaginary tale.