The Gifted is a series that I won't be harsh on, as it was entertaining, had much potential and an overall good cast, but didn't live up to expectations in the end.
- Near award-winning VFX and special effects, besides the horrible lenses
- Overall good cast, especially worth noting are the acting of Coby Bell, Jamie Chung, Emma Dumont and Grace Byers
- Entertaining storyline, well-woven at times (nothing deep though). The background of characters were well explored at the beginning of each episode.
- Huge and never-ending melodramatic tone
- Lack of intensity in the story, mostly because of the above
- Cringe-worthy and unbearable parents (especially the mother!), which by themselves and their constantly upsetting attentionate presence, ruined the series on an atomic level
- Not developed enough of serious (and dark) steadiness in the show of the characters' powers, mostly because of the flowing melodrama and weak writing
To the series credit, it was a fun ride, was getting better and finding itself more after 2 seasons, before being abruptly cancelled by Fox, which has a strong and infamous history of creating good 1-2-seasons series before trampling them over, all because of what - the ratings point?!