User Reviews (68)

• This show is fun, smart and funny. The con artist world in full "Bloom". I was disappointed to see it was cancelled after season 2. Given the date, I don't think another network has picked it up. I'm kind of hoping Netflix, Hulu or Amazon might pick it up and save it. Bravo is a real fringe network and the following seems to be pretty good even without that. It would play well on one of those three streaming services. I hate to see a good series get dumped because of an obscure channel. Warehouse 13 died that way. Amazon did step in and save the Expanse so, there is still hope. It might help that Uma Thurman has signed to do a horror series on Netflix. Maybe she can get them to pick this up and make Lenny the new boss or team lead.
  • atlasmb8 February 2017
    I love stories about cons. Especially long cons. The longer the better. When they are done well, I find them fascinating--like "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" or "House of Games" or "Grifters".

"Imposters" starts with a married couple, blissfully happy newlyweds Ezra (Rob Heaps) and Ava (Inbar Lavi) Bloom. They say ignorance is bliss. It doesn't take long for Ezra to discover his blushing bride has skipped with all of his liquid assets. He is an emotional wreck. But he finds purpose when another victim named Richard (Parker Young) shows up, looking for Ava.

The first episode also introduces us to Ava's team of con artists(which includes Katharine LaNasa, who was so remarkable in "Satisfaction").

The cast is one of this show's strong points. Ms. Levi is enchanting as the evil enchantress, Rob Heaps is attractive but has an everyman charm, Parker Young (who played a likable dolt in "Suburgatory") is convincing as a former jock. The credits promise some casting surprises.

The show's premise is interesting and scenes from future episodes indicate increasing complexity in the story lines. It's best not to know too much before watching a new show, so I will write nothing more about the plot.

But I will definitely be watching this very watchable cast.

Update 3/2/17: Now that a few episodes have aired, I am upping my grade to "9" because the show is very engaging. I find myself anxiously awaiting each new episode. The cast is excellent.
  • ddsdestri23 February 2017
    Every main character is very interesting in their own way, it's quite diverse and the series is showing a complexity that I'd never have guessed at from just the first episode. I'm really enjoying the relationships and dynamics between its characters.

As far as con TV shows go this one has a lot of potential to be great.

You know you're hooked on a show when its third episode ends and you get really upset that you've got to wait another week to just watch more of it.
  • I read "dark comedy" in the description of this show and almost moved on, but this show is different than some dark comedies that tend to be too cynical for me, like the "War of the Roses." There are no mean spirited gags that make some characters unlikable.

This show reminds me a little of "The Grifters" meets "Pretty Woman." A light drama with comedic elements.

Surprisingly poignant moments and very good character development won me over.
  • I started watching "Imposters" while I was working on a project. I usually put on a movie or a TV show to have something going on in the background, so I picked Imposters with no real expectations. I watched the first episode wondering if I was really gonna watch this, it looked "dull" and "fake" somehow. I thought it was bad acting, but in fact, it was excellent acting and bad writing decisions overall. Since I didn't even know the pitch of that show, I had no idea what was really going on. The "fake" acting was totally a part of it ! I watched episode 2 and it started to make sens, now I've just seen them all to the 6th episode, this TV show is a gem. Every episode brings a new surprise, it's funny and dark, smart and silly. I'm looking forward to the next episode. I'm kind of sad that it got such low rating on IMDb, but I believe, like me, people after watching the first episode had the same feeling as I did. This show deserves 8+. Don't miss it !
  • par22217 March 2017
    All the characters are written multifaceted, thus requiring the actors to bring their "A" game which they do! The plots are new and inventive and you really don't see anything coming before it hits you. You hate to have the episode come to an end because you can't wait a week to see what happens next. Each episode runs you through the gamut of emotions, and never once does it seem contrived. You find yourself identifying with each character at various times.
  • I enjoyed the main trio of actors and discovering more about each character. Obviously every show has ridiculous, dramatic twists and turns but it was entertaining watch. Enough to keep me engaged and wanting to see a little bit more. It couldn't go on for too long but I wish it had lasted at least another season.
  • Binged all of season one in two days and fell in love with Inbar Lavi (as does everyone else in the show). She is the new fresh face of Hollywood and, after visiting Israel last year, I find this native Hebrew woman highly intriguing. Her initial sidekicks, Max and Sal, are also very good actors. The three new sidekicks, all ex-spouses of Inbar's character Maddie, are pretty average. Writing is better than the crap on network television. Despite moving slowly in spots, the plot remains engaging enough to hold your interest. Somewhat miffed by Uma Thurman's character. She is not so convincing in her role as a hard-nosed enforcer. Patrick, the FBI dude, is just okay. He's a poor man's Shamar Moore.

I like this show... a lot. But I am enthralled, mesmerized, and smitten with Inbar Lavi.
  • After episode one, I wasn't too sure about this series; I typically stick with a new series through the first season to give a fair assessment.

At first, I found the characters a little boring and predictable - though I continued to watch because it was... well, sorta cute. :) You'll not fall off the sofa laughing, but you will smile, and you will chuckle from time to time. I spent the first three episodes praying it would get better each episode, and it did improve as hoped.

In Episode 4, the show really takes off, much to my delight. Without giving away details, viewers are greeted with surprising moments and plot twists that finish with a "I REALLY have to wait a week!??!" feeling.

Imposters has the potential to be very successful, and if episode four is any indication, I think we're in for a treat.
  • It keeps you on the edge of your seat at the end of each episode. Deserves way more publicity and it should be an national and international obsession. Great black comedy. I love the whole story line and personally feel that other than the Blacklist, this is one to definitely watch. The casts are also very engaging, love Inbar!

Just when you think you know whats going to happen, they turn the tables on you and surprise you every time. Great series! So underrated and under promoted though! Hope it doesn't get canceled.
  • Imposters stars Inbar Lavi as a con-woman able to be a rich person's perfect romantic partner before skipping out with their money. In season one she works on her next victim while three former victims hunt her down. This nutty story fueled primarily by the charm of its principles.

Lavi is perfect as the girl who is easy to love. Often you would expect this part to go the route of the femme fatale; an intimidating, sexy, mysterious woman. But Lavi is sweet and lovable, which is much truer to what men actually go for (remember, in Gilligan Island polls, men were hotter for girl-next-door Maryanne than sex bomb Ginger).

Her pursuers have an easy rapport as they bumble their way towards a woman they all clearly love. In a ridiculous but clever turn, the three decide to con people along the way. While they hunt Inbar down, she finds that there is more to her current con than she expects.

The early episodes are all about humor and character, with little sign of the Big Con typical of con-people fiction until the halfway point; the series is more about the conned than cons.

Unfortunately, season 2 is a let down, at least for the four episodes I watched. Lavi was an enigma is season one, but in two the series moves into psycho-analyzing her, which sucks out the mystery. Meanwhile he character is completely divorced from her three exes, which results in fall less forward momentum. The show isn't as funny, the characters aren't as interesting. It's like a whole new, inferior show. Perfectly watchable, but that's about it.

But do watch season one; it's terrific.
  • Veritas9922 February 2017
    Yeah, I agree with what somebody was writing in the message board, I was sick and tired about movies with doctors, lawyers, cops, vampires and zombies. This one, with a long con, is surprisingly amusing (yes, there is also Sneaky Pete but, let's admit, Imposters is more pleasant to look at :) ) The only incredible thing is that the enchantress has managed to con 3 people to marry her (at least we know only about 3 until now), plus one on the way, plus a real love interest...in apparently very short time. I don't think that's so easy in real life, even for a beautiful girl:) Apart of that, the dialogue looks spontaneous and funny, humour is there all the time but not exaggerated, and episode 3 was so well built that I really was upset when it ended, I certainly wanted more, which is great - the movie achieved his purpose, as far as I am concerned. I will definitely continue to watch.
  • swhittleton15 May 2018
    While the super heroes are getting really old, this is a nice refreshing, engaging show. Good actors, great story line. Wish they would have more like this!
    What started as a good show became a high school project.

FBI being so careless? And the doctor not knowing his target when the target is so careless? If Richard could follow Patrick into the FBI office, then the plot is really impossible because then the doctor would have known already and avoided the bait. In reality, for a sting operation to work, the agents assigned will be doing a different day job, totally embracing the spy character, and definitely not going to the FBI office during the assignment, they'll assign another agent to take care of whatever needs to be done in the office. And they definitely would have known the victims already if they are doing that big of an operation. This is common knowledge, in fact, common sense too.

The only thing consistent about this show is the great acting. Too bad the writers did not do their assignments.
  • Honestly, I hate that I love this show. It's actually pretty good.
  • jillian32331 March 2017
    This show is amazing . Great acting and great ideas. How anyone could rate it lower because they say the plot isn't plausible is beyond me. After all it is just a show made to entertain. The army didn't really come out of a wardrobe in Bedknobs and Broomsticks but that didn't make the film a bad film ,mint is about using your imagination. Lots of shows are not totally true to life, just enjoy them .
    Saw it under the most underrated show of 2017 on some website. Gave it a shot and trust me it was totally worth it. The concept of chasing Imposter wife may be a cliché but the way it was executed needs to be applauded. To be honest I hoped it to be an average show but it's much more than that sometimes it is comical other-times it's surprising. After 6th episode it starts justifying it's title "The Imposters". Chemistry between Ezra, Jules & Richie lighten up the plot when it goes downhill. Season began with these three being victims and ends with becoming skilled-deceivers and it truly completed the season with the deserving finale. So far so good. Definitely looking forward to season 2.
    Other reviewers have already given details, so no need for me to do so.

Though I think Sneaky Pete should be anyone's first pick, this show has potential. The premise 'cons' is always a good one, it leaves writers with loads of opportunity. The first episodes indicate they are going big and complex.

After seeing the first episodes I truly wonder where they will take this show. It could easily become better, but at the same time collapse too.

Actors are reasonably convincing, story-line is captivating and the overall vibe one gets is positive. Characters are diverse and well portrayed.

I'll certainly will continue to watch this, and recommend others to do the same!
  • It was surprising how good this tv show is every episode it was intriguing and exciting. Each episode is funny and the storyline is very unique. It is not very popular show but it should be compare to most of the popular shows right now.
  • TV Series Review: Imposters (2017): While everyone is busy watching hard-hitting American TV Masterpieces like GOT,The Walking Dead,Stranger Things etc..there are other kind of shows which never tries to be a masterpiece but guarantees hell of a fun.This year all the American series I watched are either adventure or thriller but Imposters is dark crime comedy which started slow but with each episode gained the momentum and by the end,it became one of the most entertaining series in recent times.

Plot: Maddie (Prison Break's Inbar Lavi) is an alluring, chameleon-like con artist who seduces men and women into falling in love with her, after which she marries them and then leaves them penniless. As Maddie moves on to her next target, three of her duped exes — good-hearted jock Richard (Suburgatory's Parker Young), hopeless romantic Ezra (Home Fires' Rob Heaps) and neurotic artist Jules (Marianne Rendón) — team up to track down their "wife." Along the way, they pick up "the art of the con" to make some cash… and discover Maddie's operation is much bigger than it appears. Meanwhile, the beautiful grifter starts to develop feelings for wealthy charmer Patrick (Being Mary Jane's Stephen Bishop), but can she have a real relationship? Our lips are sealed! My Review: Imposters plot is very simple which strongly resembles 2015 Indian movie Dolly ki Doli.I started this series with zero expectations and episode 1 failed to create any interest in me except for seductive Inbar Levi.So I continued watching other episodes only for Inbar Levi and surprisingly,the seris got better and better with each episode and all the other characters gets familiar to us.

Imposters provides just an amoral, streetwise anti-heroine who is very complicated. Do you root for her or for the guys she's fleeced?First, I wasn't sure who to root for, nor was I sure who the show wanted us to root for — and that's not the same thing as not finding anybody likable, because nobody's especially distasteful. I just think a show like this has to make viewers clamor for some result. Are we hoping Ezra and his team of jilted exes, including Parker Young, catches up with Maddie? Are we hoping they catch up with Maddie because we think there's a chance for love to rebloom or because we want them to get revenge? What level of revenge would be proportionate or satisfying? Dunno. Or are we supposed to be rooting for Maddie in her new potential conquest, figuring that she's smarter than these dopey dupes and therefore deserves all their money?See! We root for every character in this series and its not a surprise when we root for con woman too.

The show made an extremely fortunate find in lead Inbar Lavi. She manages to hang onto her Maddie persona just under the surface of all of the guises she dons, chameleon-like. Even though she's doing terrible things to people, she seems to at least make them happy for a while, or, in the case of Heller, they appear to deserve it.She gave a breakthrough performance that will open doors for greater stardom, if only people in TV power check her out.Rob Heaps,Park Young and Rendon make a great team and the most entertaining part of the series.Uma Thurman's surprise entry shocked me and she is once again rocked in the kick-ass role.

SO,Imposters is one of the most entertaining series in recent times with stellar chemistry among the characters,full of twists and seductive Inbar levi.

My Rating 7.75/10
  • Really funny but at the same time it has a believable and serious touch. The cast fits like glove,they seem so raw and real.Keep you on the edge wanting to see 'one more episode' every time.
  • Bryan-22 March 2017
    After watching the first episode I had a pretty good idea this was going to be a winner. With each passing episode I lose interest. I think my biggest issue is the characters. I just don't care about any of them, and I particularly don't like the lead. The ending of episode 6 got my hopes up only to be let down after episode 7. I'm calling it quits.
  • The score for "Imposters" - 7.8 when I considered viewing it - convinced me to watch the series. It started off reasonably well, but then fell into the slush of many if not most American-made serial dramas: Unbelievable plot, one-dimensional characters, a healthy dose of sexuality and sexual teasing that serves no purpose but to titillate, some FBI presence (almost mandatory in the current generation of slush), and no redeeming social or political value at all. With each episode I found my anger increasing as the faults of the series kept compounding; my happiest moment after Episode 3 was when Episode 10 was finally over. I continue to ponder what a different culture - say, Scandinavia - could do with the resources devoted to this dog.
  • wari21 April 2018
    Reviews of brilliant writing and depth of character are way overstated - written by children or trolls. It's characters are fun but and it's more like a very good cartoon reenacted by humans. Since I came into this with high expectations I was way under impressed. I think others could still enjoy the series if you don't come into it expecting Oceans 11. It's more like on the level of NCIS - LA
  • Whoever wrote that review must be kidding. This is one of the dumbest, least well written shows I have seen in my life. Nobody acts like any real human being would. The jokes are lame. Everything and everyone is predictable and stupid. I hate this show.