User Reviews (59)

• dharmendra1 May 2016
    Sairat - a story that was finally told - no holds barred
    Saw the show few hours back and it was a sheer delight to watch a Marathi movie done with such elegance and crispness. Having Marathi as my mother tongue helped me understand a lot of context that gets lost in translation for non native viewers.

Story : I won't go into the story as I really wish you watch the movie and be surprised with the freshness of a love story seldom told with such honesty and rooted in reality. It could have easily succumbed to being another Bollywoodish love story; shallow and melodramatic. Kudos to Nagraj Manjule for not bowing to the formulaic templates being dished out now days.

Dialogues : The movies scores very high on the dialogs partly because there is no attempt made to pander to city audiences. The language is kept as close to rural Marathi from Western Maharashtra that city slickers might easily miss the clever one liners that make even an average line an attention grabber. Slang used throughout the movie adds a earthy quality. I wanted to list it here, but IMDb's language recognition treats it as a spelling mistake. :-|

Music & Background score : This has to be the most significant factor to 'bring' the people to the theater. In the absence of known faces, the film depended a lot on the music to get people interested before the release and Ajay-Atul didn't disappoint! The melodies are few of the sweetest ones heard in years and they are served in varying degrees of moods too. From a dreamy melody for Parshya to the melodious fusion of rock to vocals for Archie juxtaposed with the peppy dance number 'Zing Zing Zingat' the music stands out for special mention. I get the feeling of having heard parts of the score before though. Can't pin point exactly.

Recording the symphony in Sony studios, LA has made the songs more enjoyable. Personally, I would rate them very close, if not better, than soundtracks from legends like Nino Rota, Ennio Morricone, Hans Zimmer & James Horner.

Direction : Nagraj Manjule proves once again that movies with a message can be entertaining without being preachy. Especially, with the kind of subject he deals with it becomes very important to make sure it doesn't slip into a rhetoric bordering on a bias. It could be disastrous for a movie to 'hurt sentiments' in India and get away with it. He treads the narrow path with elegance and yet manages to shove a bitter pill down the throat of the audience without them knowing it.

All said and done, for all those who expect it to be a run of the mill love story shall be woken up for sure as the final scene unravels before them. It reminded me of the tracking shot in 'Taxi Driver'.

Camera work : The camera-work is top notch. Beautiful locales and magnificent vistas are captured with an equal bias to the protagonists. The slow mo shots embellish the movie without distracting the audience. In fact the audience erupted in joy to witness such slick work in a Marathi movie.

Acting : It is Archie (Rinku Rajguru) all the way. Her screen presence is without doubt impressive and difficult to believe her debut as well. Her face lends itself to many moments which would test even a seasoned actor. However, she carries all those scenes with a poise and honesty that the character demands. It is difficult to separate the character of Archie from Rinku such is the grasp of Rinku throughout the movie. Her character more of less decides the direction of the movie. Any lesser actor and the film would have been boring at 3hr length.

The rest of the characters are perfectly cast as well (good job by the casting director). Every character seems to essay a real person's sketch such is the honesty in the portrayal of the actors. Especially Parshya and his two partners in crime, Pradeep (aka Langda) & Salya (Salim).

Parshya (Aakash) is good looking and has carried off the somewhat sober Parshya's character with a lot of honesty. He emotes well and looks intimidating where it demands. He can definitely go a long way provided he gets similar roles in the future or he adds another dimension to his acting not demanded by Parshya's character.

Pradeep Bansode (Langdya) is a surprise package who stands by his friend and adds a lot of the comic relief throughout the first half. His eagerness to help out his friend emanates from his own failure, so it seems. He even blushes on his friends behalf!

Salim (Salya) is Parshya's neighbor and equally committed to the friendship. He adds the third angle to the chemistry among the three friends and is the voice of reason too. His acting evokes genuine warmth for Parshya.

Final comments : Nagraj has successfully coated a bitter pill in a sweet first half and sour second half that strikes the right chord as soon as it 'hits' you in the end.

*Watched again a 2nd time; heres the update*: Thank God for not reducing the length of the film. The film was equally enjoyable the second time around as well. Not to forget the masterstroke of a climax literally evoked a standing ovation from me again. Just wondering whether it was re-edited a bit. Either ways an excellent effort.
  • Nitish Shete2 May 2016
    Beautiful, realistic, spellbinding and mind numbing !!
    After a huge publicity and long wait, the expectations were already high from movie, and yet this movie delivered on every level.

'Sairat' means zeal, passion or ardour. It is not a new story, we have seen similar plots on screen before. What makes this movie so special is 'Beauty in Simplicity'. A guy from lower strata of caste system falls for a rich upper class girl, then there is 'The Great Wall of Indian Caste System' standing between them. It is a story about their love, resistance, struggle and their survival. Every character feels so real and believable that I actually forgot they are just acting in front of camera. Cinematography, screenplay, music, background score, performances, direction.. all top notch !! There is a lot I can say about this movie, but it would spoil the fun for those who want to watch. The first half is totally hilarious and funny, it is like a sweet dream for all 'love birds' out there. The second half is a hell lot of reality, but that is what makes is a masterpiece.

The movie is released with English Subtitles, so doesn't matter whether you are Marathi speaking or not, I recommend you go watch this movie, specially if you want to witness the life of simple yet complex village people. Of course some meaning is always lost in translation, but I am sure you won't be disappointed. Hats Off to Nagraj Sir and the entire team.

If such quality cinema is produced in Marathi industry, then we don't need to go looking for that in Bollywood and Hollywood. Keep'em coming !!
  • nikhilkharat2 May 2016
    To remember few things before watching Sairat!
    This is not a review of this film. It is an attempt to explain few things before you watch this film, so that anyone without a proper knowledge of what exactly the "story" wants to express to viewers will at least get an idea of what the film is all about.

This film is about a boy and a girl who falls in love - a boy is from one caste and a girl from another caste. Problem rises between them because the fusion of different castes is not allowed in India. What exactly caste is? It is nothing but fabricated way of dividing a population into a "caste". The fusion of different castes as I said is not allowed and it is the religion that supports this notion.

To the people who have no idea of how caste system works - be it people who live in India or live outside of India have to remember this only - It is this - Caste System works in two forms – In its preserving form, it makes intermarriage i.e. exogamy impossible and when caste switches to its religious form, it makes Untouchability prevailing in modern times.

Rest, the film will do the talking!
  • Nilesh Khairnar2 May 2016
    Excellent Movie By Shri Nagraj Manjule
    I've watched Sairat on Sunday (1st May). I enjoyed it a lot & I don't have sufficient words for this Movie that how much I appreciated & satisfied!!

Great acting, mind blowing music by my favorite Ajay-Atul. Hats-off to Nagraj Manjule for giving us the Best ever Awesome Marathi movie. Also,

Aakash Thosar (Prashant) have done his acting naturally which became successful. And after experienced about Rinku Rajguru (Archana's) acting, I got known that why she is nominated for the National Award!! Very well act done by this couple. I hope, in future Nagraj Manjule will give us such an awesome movies for us.

I also thinks that there is nothing boring or bad in this movie even for a minute. All 3hours entertained me a lot.

And that's why I'm giving for this movie totally 10 STARS!!

Thanks to SAIRAT team once again!!
  • ganeshpawar-942 May 2016
    Sairat Zaala Ji !!!!!
    Nagraj Manjule does it again !!! He proved that he is not a one film wonder kind of filmmaker and he is here to stay .

Marathi cinema is proving its greatness now and then by giving back to back gems like this movie !!!!

I had some doubts about this movie as I felt it was same old love story but thank you Nagraj Manjule for proving me wrong . This is the best movie I've ever seen on this topic .

Sairat is love story of Parshya and Archi. Story though a bit predictable but screenplay is excellent . First half of the movie is funny and entertaining but it's the second half that will hit you hard . Love scenes between the leads are lovable and you can relate to them . You will feel for the pair . Like Fandry , Manjule once again showed mirror to our society .

Music by the great duo Ajay-Atul is great as always , their music adds more to the love story . Music will make you feel the love between the leads .

Acting by the cast needs special mention . Not just the lead pair but whole cast did a great job . Rinku Rajguru got a special mention at prestigious National awards , no more needed to says , she is just awesome . Akshay Thosar is very natural . He makes Parshya look very real .

But the characters of Pradeep and Salim deserves accolades for their performance . Arbaz Shaikh as Salim is a friend in need a friend indeed kind of a friend . He is always there whenever Parshya needs him . Suraj Pawar as prince has brief but significant role , and he is just perfect. But Tanaji Galgunde as Pradeep was my favorite. He got right under the skin of the character . He is lovable and funny .

Camera work was just awesome , every scene is shot so beautifully . Cinematography is one of the best features of the movie . Though movie is quit long but not at all boring . It is very real and raw movie . Second half of the movie is executed perfectly . This is the kind of the movie which will make you think about it even after the movie is over . It will leave you with the feeling which cannot be explained , it's a must watch for sure !!!
  • sur15033 May 2016
    A epic movie in the Marathi movie industry
    I was excited, thrilled after watching this movie. I must say this is one of the epic movie in the Marathi cinema industry. Its been quite an awesome experience. The direction, cinematography, and very catchy song numbers with one of the best music ever created by duo Ajay-Atul. Mr Nagraj Manjule once again provided the world with very good movie. All the best to all the team of "Sairat". After giving hits like Pistulya, Fandry, this movie will break all the records and will be one of the biggest hits ever in Marathi Cinema industry. Sairat movie with very well scripted story. Every song is unbeatable with huge fan following everywhere - Zing Zing Zingat, the title song "Sairat", Ata ga baya ka", Yad lagla.
  • vaibhav-axd2 May 2016
    Best movie of 2016
    Sairat means fearless, independent, unstoppable and is rightly titled. A movie can't get any better than this, Shows Love and friendship in very realistic and beautiful way. It has the rawness and innocence of love. It sets an example of the kind of friends everyone should have. Climax will leave you speechless. the movie keeps you entertained right throughout. But its not only about love. This movie is more what happens later. Unfortunately sometimes just loving someone is not enough. songs are beautifully pictured. Direction is exceptionally too good. Nagraj Manjule is Simple Best Director India has. Cinematography is great . One of the most interesting thing about this movie is they have not used a single set while making this movie. Thi is the most sensible and entertaining film.
  • abhijeets00130 April 2016
    ‎SAIRAT‬ movie is a nothing but thrilling truth of rural and some of urban society.
    After a classic like "Fandry", Nagraj Manjule has brought a truly commercial yet true and realistic story of "Sairat". As known to all Sairat is well marketed movie but it delivers what was expected from promos and from director like Nagraj.

Movie starts with village environment which is realistic. Director has shown the real lifestyle of rural Maharashtra which is quite same in all rural areas in India. The execution of story is mind blowing. It holds all your attention throughout the movie.

The way love story of 'Parshya' and 'Archie' blossoms with the entertaining and dreamy surrounding, is awesome. You'll find first part of movie funny and entertaining, It will make you experience of love of rural India. The methods of love expressing are very realistic and people from rural areas can find themselves in movie characters.

Though Interval is delayed, it has reason due to which viewers get locked into movie.

Music from Ajay-Atul is fantastic as always. Songs of this movie has already topped charts. Background score is also nice and effective.

Coming to climax of movie that confused many critics but that is the sole or 'soul' reason of making this movie. Nagraj has presented it as same as it happens in reality, till date, in many areas of India. He has raised very important issue of Honor Killing seriously yet beautifully by means of cinema.

After all, this is the true art work which reflects ignored realities in our society. Hope this movie can change those mindsets.

Do give a watch in theaters!

Hats off to all Nagraj Popatrao Manjule team!
  • Harshad Oak21 May 2016
    Sairat - brilliant work by Sir Nagraj Manjule !
    Sairat - It took me almost a week to recover from the powerful impact of this movie.

Some high points: Rinku Rajguru, the lead in this movie is just 15 years old and has received national award for the role of 'Aarchi'. Film was selected in 66th Berlin International Film Festival. Yaad Lagla is the first symphony from this movie recorded in Hollywood, CA (first of its kind for Bollywood) Magical compositions from Ajay - Atul. In just 3 weeks this movie has earned 60 crores and still counting. This movie is becoming so much popular that special shows are arranged in some places at 12 AM and 3 AM. And as per NEWS there will be remakes made in other languages including Telugu, Hindi and Gujarati.

Nagraj Manjule Sir you are a brilliant director and have created yet another mind-blowing gem ! 'Aarchi' (Rinku Rajguru) is the soul of this movie and have portrayed much needed rock solid, contentful, firm and powerful lead character who is madly in love with 'Parshya'. 'Parshya' is colored beautifully by Akash Thosar, an innocent dude who falls for Aarchi. Great background scores, amazing casting (special mention for Parshya's friends and Amma), superb cinematography, a heart touching story and direction makes it a complete Marathi movie. Aarchi and Parshya's bond leaves a significant impression on your heart. Clashes of classes and societies wickedly messy ways in enforcing the order are shown very realistically.

Team 'Sairat' you totally rocked ! PS: And yes people including me, danced like anything during 'Zingat' and yes even in Dallas ;)
  • AdityaChaphekar20 May 2016
    Sairat - Another Marathi Film at its best!!!
    To begin with, Sairat(Wild) is a highly acclaimed movie by people and is the highest grossing Marathi film till day. Yes, its a love story between Parshya and Archie, who are madly in love with each other and irrespective of the caste system in this country, want to take their relationship to another level. The movie depicts Innocence, Rawness, Love and Simplicity. The cricket scenes, political scenario in rural areas, the shyness to express feelings, their friendship and other shots is all very moving. Kudos to the team!! The direction, cinematography and the music is highly commendable. The camera work has been terrific throughout the film. For the records, its not only the highest grossing Marathi film but it also bagged many awards including Special Mention National Award for the leading actress of the film. Also, Sairat is the first Indian film to record its songs at Hollywood. The song 'zing zing zingat' made people dance at the cinema halls like PVR and Inox in India and abroad. We need more such movies, instead of those inconsequential Bollywood item numbers and other Bollywood films which has no value at all. Sairat, also has a social message in the film against social stratification in India which has been existing since the British era.
  • Sandeep More3 May 2016
    Excellent Movie
    'Sairat' is not just a beautifully woven film; it also has elements of a mass entertainer. The brilliant music from Ajay-Atul, camera work, and a graph that encompasses happiness and sadness, only add to the quality. With a running time of almost three hours, one might think it to be a tedious watch. It could've been slightly crisper but throughout, the film has a powerful grasp on its subject. The viewer doesn't get bored because something or the other keeps happening.

Another strong point of the film is that it doesn't rely on known faces. Akash and Rinku are debutantes but their performance is at par with seasoned actors. The mass identifies with Parshya and Archi and this is one of the prime reasons that the film stand to gain with. Tanaji provides comic relief and he does it well. Nagraj Manjule's cameo is memorable.
  • suraj patil2 May 2016
    awesomee movie
    awesome movie....unexpected ending epic love story.. Have no enough words to describe my gratefulness to Mr.Nagaraj Popatrao Manjule. A masterpiece delivered with the name "Sairat", extremely amazingly crafted movie which will have a long lasting impact on the minds of viewers. Actress Rinku has done best work..with her fearless acting, dialogue deliver, and expression.She is the lead of the film and hope to have very bright future in Industry. The film follows the story of Parshya, a low-caste man, and Archie, a rich daughter of an "upper caste landlord", who fall in love despite pressures from society that they must not be together. When their relationship is discovered, the couple is faced with violence and many challenges before they leave for the city.
  • nikhil-7117830 April 2016
    As they say " An Epic Love Story"
    Saw the noon show very next day of "Sairat" release day, Movie started with a cricket match in village, Right from the starting you are in different era and you came out as a full of all sort feelings exists.

Not seen any nice movie in last few years with this very simple story, BUT its Cast and Direction and script and editing made it one hell of romantic drama, though cinematography can be better. The Lead Actress who is debut like many actors in movie is fabulous, you can literally feel her innocence, love, anger. Supporting cast especially Pratik and Sallya made their presence.

Romantic movie has redefined yet again by Nagrath Majule the director of movie. He already has made his mark through his debut movie "Fandry". Dialogs and script is winner here. Movie wanders in your mind for long long time after you left seat in cinema hall.
  • Samahire40429 April 2016
    Gutsy Attempt by Director, Film deserves 1 time Worth Watch !
    SAIRAT REVIEW - Finished watching one of the most awaited Marathi flick of the year, and came out being little bit confused that how to review/rate this film? First 60 mins are freaking hilarious which are the reason to give a repeat watch to this movie. All 3 chart buster songs appears in these 60 mins then suddenly (as expected) a turn around which made it thriller for next 50 mins. Interval appears after 110 mins, quite long na? But there is no dull moment for a minute till Interval. Then 2nd half is Realistic and with zero entertaining elements, and it was expected from Director. Then a stunning climax which confused me, 50% happy with the climax and 50% unhappy. Acting- New actors but thumbs up to entire star cast. Akash Thosar as Parshya did excellent job, Rinku Rajguru has already got deserving National Award. Other co-actors were brilliant.

Music- Someone please give National Award to Ajay Atul, extraordinary stuff by them. Certainly they deserves bunch of Awards for this Class Music Album. Complete marks to 'Yad Lagal', 'Sairat Zal' and 'Zingat'. 'Bawaral' is not that good compared to other songs.

Screenplay- Runtime is 170 mins, 110 mins First Half and 60 Mins second half, sounds long but you won't even realise how quickly Interval Appears. Many people will say editing could have better but i don't know which scenes deserves cut cause all scenes looks mandatory.

Cinematography- Excellent ! Movie has been shot beautifully, locations looks realistic.

Direction- Too Good but not Excellent. But whatever movie is, its because of Nagraj Manjule. He gave us highly acclaimed classic 'Fandry' but here he learnt so much and added so many massy elements in film to get commercial success. You need guts to make movies like this and Manjule is the only one to try it. I want to ask him really, was this climax needed? Cause Fandry ended on positive, courageous note and Sairat ends on negative note. Anyways, Well Done Nagraj Manjule.

Final Words- For Fandry i said its too much classy but Sairat is equally balanced for Masses and Classes both. If movie gets repeat audience then First half would be the reason and If movie fails then Climax would be the reason. Go for it for a Gutsy attempt in Marathi Industry, I hope you won't come out with a disappointing face. I am giving 8/10* stars (1 star extra for Music).
  • khedekarrameshwar1 May 2016
    Movie made the audience "SAIRAT"!!
    Sairat!!

Well I was already crazy about music with video releases before actually watching the movie.

Well dance steps of "zing zing zingat" song are very crazy, realistic and very much relevant. If you guys went any of Marathi village wedding's Haldi program which is a day before actual wedding, then you have already seen such kinda dance steps.

Parshya a shy guy which has guts to express his feelings but he also bent down on knees in the movie against gutsy Archi. From the start of the movie Archie didn't release her hold on her character; she is strong, stubborn yet full of feelings.

Movie depicts the thought that LIFE is a big mystery. Life is not filled with fame, happiness, joy, laugh every time. Situation changes with time; one need to face anger, violence(if not physically then mentally at-least), anxiety also. Those win who become learner when they are actually lost.

Yeah!! First half is long of 110mins but its most happening part of the movie. You will really be in a dream of such girl who is so much strong in character. All the sequences look joyful, cheerful, charming. Boy initiates steps toward expressing his love to the girl. Girl knows what he is trying hard to do but still shows lots of attitude which made him agog. Finally girl responded with her positive feelings to the boy. They were so much involved in each-other through phone-talks, dating. Climax came as every next door love story; parents and others do not support their love. They try hard to flee and finally managed somehow.

Second half is not happening but I won't say it does not entertain. One can relate with these true colors of life; easy to be absconded from the challenges but who stands still wins the race. Quarrels, doubts, aggression teaches you to deal with the so-called LIFE. Next climax is with number of nasty events; but finally you can see couple managed to lead their happy life. Life became happiest for them by capturing lots of moments in clicks.

Final climax of the film is shocking one; one cannot imagine after winning through so many hurdles couple may see such cruel/heartless end to their love-life. I personally got goose-bumps; felt like arrow was shot through my heart.

Really this movie made the audience "SAIRAT" at the END!!
  • Deep Patel31 May 2016
    This is not the review!
    I don't know Marathi. By mistake we gone to the wrong screen and could not stop our self to watching Sairat.

After login here i just check my activities. I saw just rate my fav list 10 stars. This is not so fair! No Really....I can just love or hate movies! After years I have seen something that touched my heart. So 10 stars for 'Sairat' too!

• This is undoubtedly a masterpiece of Cinema. Beautiful cinematography...flying birds, farms, sun, grass, plants and a well.

• 9 Rasa are used in the movie...I fill.

• Acting part is very very natural. Characterization is unique yet so realistic. This makes movie all time fresh. Once you watch and you can't flavor of the movie ever.

• Music is awesome...Not Overpowering the visuals. Unfortunately i not understanding the lyrics ...but still singing!

• Sudden sarcasm, harshness and shown very beautifully.

I am a guy who always dreamed to make movies....this is so inspiring to me. Big thank you to the makers.

Sairaat Jhala ji!
  • suyogpagare3 May 2016
    Sairat..
    Review of Sairat Music is resonating through every lane/party/ringtones, making even my itchy feet to move on n bang the floor..That's is what we call as Euphoria!! His Majestic presence attracted the audience, was speechless the way he concluded, literally shook, got goosebumps too.My hubby and I hold hand in hand.There was a complete silence in auditorium for about 3 minutes as if we were mourning prayers for the family,lost someone of our own. Nagraj ,You flawlessly touched every audience's soul. The destiny can turn this dark because of our own blood relation is unbelievable. The movie enthralled the floor, yes my heart banged badly at the end , My heart aches for this upbringings which are been carried further, The stupid bigotry attitude of an Indian society!! Still in an internal Village side, this cast-ism happens.Live life peacefully is what we always aimed for!! What ever might b the caste, Firstly we are not gonna take our caste, sub-caste,creed forever because one day we will undoubtedly turn into ash.Zillion times I asked, why this discrimination happens for lower caste??Aren't we human beings??Aren't we have feelings??Is Love a thing to be tagged with some price to be offered only to the respective higher caste?? I mean, i have several questions raised myself to be still unanswered?? The revenge which upper caste family takes later is unbelievable.when we are small, Our family cares,loves a lot n just a single wrong move can shatter the peace, this way is beyond imagination! Nurturing a little nut into a well cultured damsel/dude,Everybody has a right to take there decision.There has to be certain laws, to be enforced to handle such cases. The songs are as usual hitting the floor,To my close observation each of this song has a beautiful lyrics hidden, dwelling my heart!! Ajay-Atul rocked!!Bang on boss for your outstanding creativity that too recording it internationally. Guys, FYI its the First Indian film to record symphony orchestra at Hollywood Sony studio, LA. I also loved the way, Nagraj hiring unprofessional actor /actress, giving opportunity to each of them, his blindfold chit ultimately turns into glittering gold.Melodramatic parshya n dashing archie molded appropriately into their respective character's,emotional outburst at the end,cast-ism still happens,which is the bitter fact. Nagraj, you did a swell job,spectacularly you tried to portray your point,incredible piece in an Indian Marathi cinema,eye candy fr art lover's,outstanding performance n standing ovation. Worth watching it!!Hats off to showcase such a bitter fact of our society!! kudos to the team!! P.s. Cast- ism-A Blemishing subject remains unsolved but the platform through which an essential point of society is conveyed is astounding. You cannot judge a Book by its cover, unless n until you go through each of its pages,so what all are you waiting for.Go, go n watch!!
  • Hareesh Nayak Gooli4 June 2016
    This is the ever best movie i have seen
    "SAIRAT" is the ever best movie i have seen.basically i'm a "KANNADIGA" No language border to music, literature and art.This movie sometimes will stop our pulses , literally amazing love story. Reality, innovation and creativity is in each and every frame of the film. All songs are have Melodic music

i'm not talk about climax because my tears still flowing, Awesome acting from "RINKU RAJGURU" YOU ARE A BORN ACTRESS I'M UR FAN FROM NOW.

Great story direction and screenplay by Nagraj Manjule

BEST OF LUCK TO--Rinku Rajguru (Archie),Akash Thosar (Parshya),Arbaz Shaikh (Sallya),Tanaji Galgunde Pradeep and whole bunch......
  • Movie Mania15 May 2016
    Its Socioeconomic love story!! plz don't relate to caste
    First I think most (90%) of the people do not understand this movie and they blindly relate "caste system" or "pure Honor killing". Movie starts with just turned 18 kids fall in love. Biggest difference between them is socioeconomic and cultural difference. Girl is from Rich family which changes her vehicles like a dress and having big political background. Guy is from poor family where he lives in one room hut. They dream about happy ideal film style marriage where they will have dream home and everyone will do there ideal responsibility. When they ran away from home director showed how they spend days in pain. Immature love is at stakes. It is so natural when you have people around you dancing on your finger tips and now you have to struggle for any small work. Girl from rich family has nightmare while staying in slum area. They face harsh reality and learn how tough is life without family backup, education and financial stability. On other end due to social pressure there families faces downturn. Movie director do not want to prove anything, he just want to show truth when you run away in early age.
  • visitvishnuraut30 April 2016
    A very good movie
    Very good, romantic, thriller movie after long time in Marathi. Hats off to Director Nagraj Manjule for such a great production. All actors are acted best even they are not experienced actors including Parshya, Archi and all other.

Heart touching music by Ajay Atul. Songs are so beautiful that will make u crazy. Great great great music by Ajay Atul.

Very realistic scenes and off course the language used.

First half is really really fantastic and entertaining. Although the first half is very log you will not get bore even for a second. Second half is just a reality in society. End is sad and force you to think on this.

Finally I will say it's a great movie and you all should go and watch it in theaters.
  • Anil Khanna21 May 2016
    Sairaat - Intense Passion Bordering Insanity
    Filmed in rural Maharashtra in India, this is one film worth viewing, even if you have never watched a Marathi film before.

Director ‪Nagraj Manjule‬, has created a gem of a movie, which stays with you, long after you leave the theatre. The film documents the journey of exuberant youth refusing to be contained by restrictive boundaries and traditions.

New comers, ‪‎Rinku Rajguru‬ and ‪‎Akash Thosar‬, will win you over with their dazzling performances.

As far as the songs are concerned, Yad Lagala and Sairat Jhala Ji are lovely, and will echo in your mind for quite a while - we have ‪‎Ajay-Atul‬ to thank for this delightful music.

Take a friend along and they will thank you for introducing them to this unusual film.
  • bhushan kamble17 May 2016
    Excellent, Beautiful, Wonderful, Outstanding. Powerful Direction and performance
    This movie experience - lifts you from the ground .... slowly ..... and takes you to a heaven....mind blowing....

A must watch Marathi movie with an unexpected end.

I have no words, Speechless, breathless.

Hats off to Nagraj Manjule sir what a director

Rinku - First movie but very powerful character , "Hero" of the movie Akash - First movie but very nice second lead Tanaji - Again first movie but a talented and natural actor and Arbaz - Very nice supporting act to Akash and Tanaji

Of course the music of Ajay-Atul is 10/10

Sherya Ghosal is the second Lata Mangeshkar...

Thanks, Bhushan
  • Vijayanand Phad16 May 2016
    Sairat as name tells, Shows mirror to the society !
    To review this movie, you need to divide yourself. One as just a movie, it's not best, cinematography is amazing but not the overall experience. Music is just great and it's already popular.

So, what sets this movie different ?

It's the story, message tries to tell. It's about honor killing.

An unfortunate, common tradition of Indian Society. Though the music is popular, people are crazy over it, doesn't mean the film is entertainer. It is to give a strong message about honor killing.

it's amazing the way it's been depicted in the movie.

However, what I don't like is the focus is spent more on the love story than what actually director wanted to show.

It's the message to the society here that matters and lots of honor killings are happening.

It's an amazing movie. Do watch.
  • Mr Aatish Bhosale30 April 2016
    In the face of conservative people of society. Great movie.
    My brain balks at writing about Sairat.

Its a 170 min long movie but worth every minute. Every frame has got some treat for someone. The music couldn't get more better. Loved it.

It has a got a larger than life story line. The director has full control of his game, doesn't get flowed in this heavy tide of commercialization where filth,sex,abusing and violence only attract masses. Performances are raw and thus original.

The whole movie is like watching 2 different movies. First half is fun and romantic. All the songs are in 1st half only. The first glances, first touches between couples. The girl is pretty macho. Unconventionally.

Second half is pretty realistic and serious. It holds you to your seat. It gives feel like watching a short film by artistic movie directors. The detailed scenes, poverty, insecurity, silences, minimum background music. And of course the ending

Nothing worth mentioning about cinematography except for a scene in song,Sirat zala ji. Unnecessary use of slow motion, I guess it was for the masses crowd.

Most importantly the movie's message, the social issues it addresses is infinitely great. Lower caste - Upper caste, lower class upper class indifference. Inter caste marriages, love story, marriage against parents will, moral policing by false Hindutva goons, Honor Killing, Jaat- Khaap panchayat issue. You can never know how gracefully he touched these all subjects until you watch the movie.

The climax scene takes control of our brain and automatically pull our mouth wide open.

A director's creation is best evaluated by the crowd exiting from the movie hall corridors. In case of sairat they are all silent and awestruck with the emotions.
  • jubsdu24 December 2017
    More than An Epic Love Story
    This is movie you have been waiting for to watch all Friday.

This is the movie.

Romance. Social Phenomenon. And Action.

It has everything.

Like they say, Shakespearean ending!

I just love this movie.