User Reviews (36)

• Folks that are fans of Asylum movies will not be let down by this zombie/action movie,as it is fairly standard Asylum type movie.I myself do like the stuff coming out of the company,and have for years.Plenty of c.g.i. monkeys ,blood ,and other effects,and some decent effects,and make-up.The gorilla ,Kifa ,i think, was an actor ,and was cool enuf,and not c.g.i. .the actors,some regulars for Asylum ,did a good job,and there were some hot chicks in there.I wish these films had more eye candy,like some bare breasts,but this is not for everyone,and most of these films are for t.v. ,so ,it is what it is.For the most part,this was a cool way to kill some spare time on my week-end ,and knock off a six pack.Great for a one time watch.Back in the 80,s ,there was a movie from Italy that had some rampaging ,pcp influenced animals that wiped out a bunch of people ,and this shoddy gem reminded me of that movie.glad that Asylum is still pumping these out.
  • scythertitus26 April 2016
    There is a temptation to compare this to Sharknado in the whole 'so lame that it is cool' category of terrible movies. The problem is that while Sharknado utilises a stupid concept to make a movie that is pure trash but also pure awesome, Zoombies is mostly the trash part with very little awesome.

There are clear comparisons to Jurassic World, but where that movie's shaky plot is made up for by big budget effects, cool set pieces and Chris Pratt, this movie has none of these, so it is just mostly rubbish.

Sure there are some laughs at seeing actors pretend they are sitting on elephants and hanging from a rope (seriously how hard is it to actually shoot actors hanging from a rope - just put them on a rope a couple of feet above the ground), but overall it is far more cringe than amusement. Possibly good for a laugh if you are tired of all the other 'so lame it's cool' movies out there, but really this one is the pits.
  • I came into watching this movie with no expectations and this made it a better film. It has a unique plot and although the acting may be sub par, it is filled with a lot of funny one liners. Overall, i would recommend as long as you're watching it for entertainment and not in a critical way.
    Likes : I really don't know how to say this film is shockingly bad , the only two thing i can say that is good, it that its not your typical human zombie film's that have been done to death, which is a plus side in the concept of it being zombie animals. The thing is the acting is some what bearable at time so it does have though two things working for it , but sadly its not enough to stop this film being seriously bad.

Dislikes : Where do i start, there are so many thing bad about this film is shocking these film ever make it to DVD, the c.g.i is so poor & cheap looking it look fake & the scene with the gorilla some of it is bad C.G.I & half of it looks like a guy in a cheesy costume shop gorilla suit that so fake it just make this film even worst. There is a few seen where the dialogue is really bad along with its cuts scene it like this film has been made by an amateur but this is what you should expect from asylum pictures cheap, fake looking movies that end up being shown on syfy channel with all the other poor film's. Unless your a fan of asylum film i would avoid this trash.

These people that make this low budget film's on a low budget should not use C.G.I its cheap & tacky on screen it look fake, on these budget animatronic should be use only because it look better with a low budget than force a poorly made C.G.I effect film because it looks bad.
    *******DOES CONTAIN SPOILERS, LOTS***************

Wow, there just aren't words to describe it. Awful, ridiculous, ludicrous are probably some to start with.

First of all the cause of the zombie animals is epinephrine.

Seriously?

So a doc has a monkey in full arrest and administers inter-cardiac epi which turns it into the first of the zoombies.

Wow!

Don't even know where to start with that.

The acting is more of a caricature than anything real. Wooden. And the kid is creepy through a fair amount of the movie with that Stepford smile.

I won't even get into the two-way commercial radios they are supposedly using actually being cheap Chinese Ham radios which in the movie just happen to be on the police SWAT frequency as well as tied into the cellular phone network when they would actually be on a licensed business band freq. Not to mention they seem to be full duplex vox since no one ever presses the transmit button to talk.

All pretty much impossible. (Some cell interconnection on digital systems is possible but this ain't it)

I love how the security guy says they don't have cameras set up to see what's going on anywhere at the lab complex yet when they arrive at the lab there are cameras friggin everywhere and they are used throughout the rest of the film to see what's going on.

Got to love five lions surrounding the group less than a foot away ready to shred them to bits and eat them yet they manage to get into the jeep and get away just fine.

I could go on but it gets worse with the ending, with the mother killing the only friend that her little girl has in the world, the gorilla.

Really a waste of time to watch, sorry I spent 1 1/2 hours on it.
  • Krackoon14 March 2016
    My tolerance level for bad horror, at one point, was extremely high. However, the last few years, it's gone to borderline nonexistent. Did 'Zoombies' help the case?

Well, no - actually, 'Zoombies' is so terrible, that I skipped through half the film. That's right, folks, I'm writing a review after skipping through half the film. Do you know what? I'm not ashamed of myself either. Because these people find it hilarious to put out films so unbearably awful. I wouldn't doubt if one of the actors is reading this review right now, just laughing at me. Do you know why they're laughing at me? Because I tried watching a film called 'Zoombies.' Go ahead and laugh. It's fine. Do you know why it's fine? Because I may have suffered through 45 minutes of bad CGI, crappy acting, and bad writing, but YOU will have to suffer through an entire lifetime of getting garbage roles.

Random Ramblings of a Madman: 'Zoombies' is bad. It's not bad because I ''didn't understand it,'' as one of the fake reviewers will have you believe. It's bad, because the people responsible do not care about making good material. They care about getting their $50 paychecks, and mocking those of us who want to see good films. So, you can take 'Zoombies' and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Seriously, IMDb, you need to lower your restrictions when it comes to films and people like these. They deserve more expressive vocabulary, if you know what I mean.

Follow me on Twitter @Krackoon, so I can tell you how I really feel.
  • acottagecheesedemon30 September 2017
    This movie was an instant classic for me. Everything about it is perfect, from the jaw dropping practical and special effects, to John Williams beautiful score, this movie just works. It works as an action thriller, and even as horror. I remember recently watching this film and thinking, "wow. Just wow." Allow me to start with the characters, each one feels real in their own way, and has excellent motivation. Even the villain is likable in his own way. Great writing. Next I would like to mention the score. Personally, I think the soundtrack to this movie is what ultimately "makes" the film. Every time I hear The theme, both inside and outside of the movie I am moved to tears. This is some of John Williams finest work, and it works perfectly with this movie. The last thing I think I should mention in the effects. Man, the first time I saw a Dino on the big screen, I was more than blown away. Both the practical and digital effects of this film are great. So great I'd say, that they even hold up today! Impressive. To sum up my review, this movie is a classic and a masterpiece of cinema that both movie lovers and casual fans alike should both check out.

I give Jurassic Park, a 10/10
  • This movie never figured out what it was supposed to be. The story was a mess and the acting was worse. But a gorilla side-eyed a guy and for that reason alone I give it 3 stars. Not to mention the worst green screen scene ever.
  • bhsfacebook20 February 2019
    So much cheezy computer animation. If there was an award for bad CG this would win. Animals, gun shots, and fires all looking as fake as could be. So hilariously bad that it's nearly entertaining!
    Glenn R. Miller directs this campy flick that at first could be caste off as being stupid; but given a chance, ZOOMBIES will sucker you in. Actually not a bad movie at all. Dr. Ellen Rogers (Kim Nielsen) takes on an animal safari park in honor of her grandfather. Maybe a lack of credentials, but just enough education to run such an endeavor. She cares for the animals as well as her workers.

Somehow a mysterious virus breaks out in the lab among small monkeys. The monkeys soon become vicious killers and take on traits of zombies. Now the workers are no longer caretakers, but prey. These undead creatures must be stopped and contained inside the safari park before "infecting" the other zoo animals. Not even think about a body count.

This movie is well photographed even if some of the CGI is a bit "cock-eyed". Some pretty dumb situations and foolish dialogue; but if you are in the mood for a crazy horror animal flick...this is it. Not so scary the whole family can't enjoy.

Other players: Marcus Anderson, Andrew Asper, Brianna Joy Chomer, AAron Groben, LaLa Nestor and Ione Butler.
  • Eiga71 April 2016
    Epic Asylum style. This has all the elements to become a kitsch classic. Sure, it has some scenes with low quality C.G.I. and visual effect but that's a part of the charm. The gorilla costume is grand! No one is looking to hide that this is low budget film and that's what I like about the Asylum productions. The story line is straight forward but with all the elements you expect from a horror story. The lines are good with the right element of sharpness without trying to overdo it. Loved the scientist (Kim Nielsen) and her daughter (La La Nestor). Watch it if you are in for some good entertainment, an excellent laugh, and want to see what will be in the kitsch movies' Hall of Fame in 10 years!
  • I usually love low budget B-list movies but this was too much. The special effects were so bad it was comical. I feel like a middle school movie making class class would have done a much more professional job with the special effects. The animals look like cartoon characters and when the people are riding the animals they look like there were pictures of the characters copied and pasted on top of the animals. This movie seemed like a really good idea but I believe the animators could have worked a little longer or used better software or something to make the animals and the special effects at least halfway convincing or just make the whole thing a cartoon, because the mix of real people and cartoon is very annoying.
    When the special forces arrive then go into the basement listen to the radio contact ,, I might be stupid but this is the soundtrack from the film Aliens and its word for word including u can just about hear ripley telling Burke to recall his men .. Don't know if that's legal for them to use it ... The film wasn't the worst I have seen but certainly not the best ,, switch the film on and then switch your brain off u will like it better that way but if your one of those people who look to criticise every film then please don't watch it lol coz u will be forever writing about how bad this story and effects were, one good thing at least my kids were well entertained for hour n a half
  • Preparing the new interns at the zoo, a woman realizes that the escaped monkeys running wild in the park are infected with a virus which turns the animals into ravenous bloodthirsty creatures and must find a way to save the remaining staff and uninfected animals.

This here was a decent if still rather flawed effort. The main part that really works here with this one is the film's rather nice amount of action that runs through here as this one has a large amount of encounters with all the different animals. From the opening in the vet clinic where the monkeys go wild and attack the doctors in a pretty cheesy encounter, there's a great pace throughout here with the later scenes in the different pens as the animals start going wild which is the start of the fun as the scenes of the group out in the warthog pens being menaced by the giraffes and the fine encounter with the monkeys where they attack the group by jumping on them from above and scratching them up is all quite cheesy and enjoyable scenes with the animals on the loose running wild. There's even more good fun to come from the scenes of the animals hunting the SWAT team that tries to save them or the great scene of the gorilla hunting them in the control room before stalking the escaped members into it's habitat close-by which is one of the more chilling scenes here with the way the creature stalks them through the area which are all so much fun here and set up the grand finale. Taking the action into higher realms with the assault on the bird sanctuary and showing the great action within this as it has the scenes of what's happening inside the facility and the way they counteract the birds' attacks as well as the final attack on the facility makes for a big finish here that's quite exciting and really gives this a great, frenetic pace without too much dull spots. The other big positive here is the fact that there's a great deal to like with the constant threat of the creatures getting loose and running wild outside the park which is a very tangible and proper threat that has plenty to really like about it through this rather realistic tone. These here make this one enjoyable enough to hold off the rather minor flaws here. The biggest issue is the usually appalling CGI frequented here which is used for the animals and really gives their scenes quite a distracting nature as there's clearly nothing about the animals interacting with the cast during these scenes. The only other flaw to this one is the film's inability to explain the source of the virus that's infecting everyone as this one really could've made some sense about what happened and how it got to the zoo. Otherwise, there's not a lot wrong about this one.

Rated R: Graphic Violence, Graphic Language, children-in-jeopardy and violence-against-animals.
  • rlockhart-5813317 June 2016
    Fun,
    This movie is not scary in the traditional sense.

But instead it goes for a comedy horror movie approach the cgi isn't all to good but that's what makes the movie good.

Its funny to watch someone of the scenes due to how crazy they are.

The movie isn't hard to follow you can pick it up and get into it

The start introduces the characters enough to make us gain an opinion on whom we want to live Although the movie does have some flaws Some scenes drag on to long. During the start a scene starts it goes to a new scene some where else in the park which takes in movie time but when we go back to original scene nothing happened and its just starting

This movie is a good movie to watch with some friends late at night for the entertainment value

Hope to see a second

R
    Lololol! Two words: Zombie giraffes!

Can't get any funnier or more pathetic than that. But what can you expect from a movie about zombie zoo animals? If you want a good laugh or if you enjoy "So BAD they're GOOD" movies then this might be the movie for you. I'd give it more than one star if it were meant to be humorous, but it wasn't. I would give it a half star if I could, but I can't. I wouldn't give it zero stars because it was funny which provided a modicum of entertainment value whether it's creators intended it to be funny or not.
  • carmanville7320 January 2019
    I would have gave this movie a zero rating if it were offered ,the sad thing is the producers probably tried to make this a quality movie
  • jacobjr-0413531 October 2017
    Awful
    I'm sorry to say but this is not what I expected as a zombie movie others may like it more than others for me it could have had more heart and soul maybe it was a practice film of some sort for more experience and knowledge but as I said it could have been done better and put more time into this for all of us
  • I love bad movies and The Asylum makes some of the worst, just look at the Sharknado saga and the Z-Nation television series, which are both awesome.

Unfortunately, this film doesn't have the same coolness to it. It should have because the story is sound. Due to a couple of infected monkeys, the whole of a new zoo is infected with a virus that kills the diseased then reanimates them in a killing frenzy. However, it's the acting and directing that make this film poor, luckily the tongue-in- cheek style of this film keeps it from failing.

Most of the acting is wooden, with the exception of Kim Neilsen who plays Dr Ellen Rodgers and LaLa Nester, as her daughter Thea, who is actually the best actress on the set. The award for the best hammed-up over-acting award goes to Brianna Joy Chomer who turns Amber into a maniacal, self-centred hothead. This character is so way over the top it's as annoying as hell and helps to spoil the movie.

It's a low budget affair so you expect the special effects to be poor, but on the whole, the CGI is passable I especially liked the attacking giraffes. Though in the same scene the director holds too long on the cutaways of the actors who are being attacked and because there are no Giraffe's in the scene it makes the entire scene implausible. Since I like bad movies, I loved the man in the gorilla suit. Sweet.

If the acting were better and the direction tighter then this would have been a more enjoyable and pleasing movie.

If you love B-movie films and The Asylum then this is worth a watch, though not more than once.
  • Zoombies(2016) Starring: Ione Butler, Andrew Asper, Lala Nestor, Kim Nielsen, Marcus Anderson, Brianna Joy Chomer, Ivan Djurovic, Aaron Groben, Kaiwi Lyman, William McMichael, Reuben Uy, Isaac Anderson, Tammy Klein, Cedric Jonathan, Joe Conti, Noa Pharaoh, Jennifer Titus, and Michael Delgado Directed By: Glenn Miller Review UNCAGED, UNDEAD Hello kiddies your pal the crypt-critic just visited the asylum and let me tell you the movies there just keep getting worse. When a strange virus quickly spreads through a safari park and turns all the zoo animals undead, those left in the park must stop the creatures before they escape and zombify the whole city. This is your typical asylum movie with a silly situation, with crazy killer animals and awful acting and cg that looks like if I made it on a computer. I hate this kind of film I'm just giving it a half out of five. Shocker right.
    Not that bad, but not the best either.

1. Virus and patient zero: The movie leads you to believe that something happens to a few monkeys and then one dies; the vet uses an epi-pen and the monkey becomes a zombie.

-the story line mentions the virus could be airborne, but they don't o into more detail and it leaves you wondering.

2. Actors and acting: seems fake in some places. The actress playing Amber seems to be overly scared in simple scenes. There are scenes where it looks like the actors get their cues and then the scene starts.

3. CGI: decent but you can tell that they relied on the CGI a lot. The animals were basically CGI, but decent as along as you ignored that you knew it was CGI.

4. Prey vs. Predator: in one scene elephants appear and they talk about elephants being safe due to not being predators. Then in a later scene, all of the animals have been affected and are running down the road.

• also, you would think that becoming zombie like, then they'd turn on each other first. Zombie animals going after non zombie animals. However, there are no scenes like that.
  • i think that this movie is really good even though it's low budget, but most movies like this are actually good. This is the best way i say to display what would happened if instead the virus infected animals and humans. The zombies were creative and i thought this really good. The zoo looks so good! the cars and everything else was good too.
  • I was really looking forward to seeing this movie. I mean, animal zombies? How do you go wrong with animal zombies? In this case, you don't, as Zoombies did not disappoint!

The dialogue was sharp, fun and quick. The actors were incredibly strong and managed to avoid the overacting typically associated with these types of movies. They were fantastic. The special effects were also so much better than I thought they'd be. Somehow, they made a koala terrifying, which is a feat in and of itself.

Brilliant mix of comedy, sci-fi and horror, and a must-see! Will be surprised if this doesn't become a cult classic.
  • When I purchased this movie from the Amazon market place, I had no idea that it was going to be one of those abysmal movies by The Asylum. And you know that as soon as you see their logo, that it is going to be one of those movies...

...and "Zoombies" was just exactly that. Don't get your hopes up, that way you will not be disappointed with this less than mediocre attempt at a foray in to a hitherto relatively unexplored zone of the zombie genre. Zombies and zoo animals, sure, why not?

It might have worked out well enough on paper, but transferred to the screen, not so much. Well, it might actually have worked out well enough with some proper special effects and CGI. But no, that was not the case here. They were left with some questionable and shoddy CGI attempts at making zombified zoo animals, which mostly turned out to appear more like something you'd find in a "5 Nights at Freddies" game.

The storyline was as simple and generic as they come. Actually to the point where it was just blatantly taking ideas from "Jurassic Park" at times. But it didn't help the movie one bit that the storyline and script was so inept and so poor. And it didn't really help to promote the movie either that the storyline was so predictable that you knew what would happen a mile away.

As for the acting, well, let's just say that you know what you are getting with a movie such as this, and that way you don't get your hopes up for anything grand. But on a personal note, then I will say that I found the acting to be as rigid and unappealing as the characters were generic and one-dimensional.

I was suckered in by a fairly interesting DVD movie cover. But, of course, you can't judge a movie by it's cover alone, for most of the times.

"Zoombies" was a foray into the zombie genre that attempted something new but failed most horribly. And as such, then it is a movie that you watch once, if you even get through the entire movie the first time. Trust me, you will not be watching "Zoombies" as second time around.

These poorly animated zombified animals score a meager 4 out of 10 stars from me.
  • When a strange virus quickly spreads through a safari park and turns all the zoo animals undead, those left in the park must stop the creatures before they escape and zombify the whole city.

Yes, the CGI is beyond deplorable. Yes, it comes from The Asylum, who have almost never made a good movie. And yes, it blatantly rips off "Jurassic Park" (though at least it acknowledges this). And yet, somehow, it manages to succeed as a so bad it's good movie.

Unlike garbage like "Sharkansas Women's Prison Massacre", this film had a certain level of heart and humor. Few of the characters are likable, but it has an unpredictability to it that makes it fresh. And the way a child takes on a koala is... well, somewhat disturbing and yet hilarious.