In India, the CBFC (Central Board Of Film Certification) demanded that audio edits be made to the film before the film could receive an 'A' rating (meaning that only an adult audience; whom are aged aged 18 and over can attend screenings of the film). These changes bleeped out some heavier profanities from the film; the violence and sexual humor however was left uncut.
On December 12, 2018, Fox released a re-cut version of the film under the title "Once Upon a Deadpool." In an homage to The Princess Bride (1987), the film features Deadpool telling the story to Fred Savage (playing himself). This version toned down the film's violence and cut or bleeped out much of the profanity in order to receive a PG-13 rating in the U.S. instead of the original R rating, but also added some material omitted from the original theatrical release which was included in the 'Super Duper Cut'.
The 'Super Duper Cut' of the film that was released on home video extends the theatrical edition with 15 minutes of added scenes, and includes some alternative material. The main changes include:
Some minor changes include alternative music in some scenes; many scenes have extended and/or alternate dialog; and certain jokes from the theatrical version have been changed (such as the Sharknado joke during the prison scene).
- Extended World Tour: additional shots of Deadpool killing gang members around the world, with the montage in the Japanese bathhouse restored to a single shot.
- Additional suicide attempts, where Wade steps into a polar bear den inside a zoo, and then jumps from a building, both without success.
- Additional scenes of Russell arriving at Essex House and being tortured (parts of these scenes appeared as flashbacks in the theatrical version).
- Extended scenes at the X-Mansion where Wade introduces food labels for the refrigerator.
- Russell and Juggernaut ruin a mall when they go shopping for matching outfits.
- Extended scene of Deadpool trying to win back Colossus' sympathy.
- Extended fight between Juggernaut, Cable and Domino.
- Extended afterlife scene between Wade and Vanessa.
- Extended mid-credits scenes with Deadpool and Peter, and with Wolverine
- Post-credits scene where Deadpool travels back in time in an attempt to kill baby Hitler.
At the Latin America dubbing, some names are changed to adapt the jokes to the local humor. One of the names Wade suggest for their son was Chayanne, Felicity was changed for the TV Show Chespirito, and Dave Matthews becomes Ricardo Arjona, an (un)popular singer.