I couldn't contain my excitement for this Wrestlemania because there were some big matches on the card. Overall it was so so with some great and not so great moments. Here's a brief breakdown.
1) AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon. This match should have never happened as it as a waste for someone as big and promising as AJ Styles to be going against Shane McMahon. We also had some big matches this year and didn't need space fillers. The match wasn't bad itself but we had a good feeling AJ would win since Shane is not a full time wrestler with any real career. The match showed no great counters and was a bit too long compared to bigger ones. 5/10
2) Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho. This was a good matchup and storyline with two best friends turned enemies for the US Title. It had some good moments and showed good moves by both. Would have wanted Jericho to win but KO winning was good to push him ahead in WWE. This should have been the first match to the event. 7.5/10
3)Bayley vs Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, and Nia Jax. This was surprisingly really good, it is nice to see the women's division evolve and put on a great match and storyline. The match was entertaining having an elimination factor. Glad Bayley won this one but the others did well with a nice short match. 7.5/10
4) The Hardy Boyz vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c), Cesaro and Sheamus, and Enzo Amore and Big Cass. This has to be the best match of the night with the Hardy's surprise entrance and victory. The hardy's showed they still got it with some classic finishers. Entertaining, surprising, fast paced and short. 8/10
5) Nikki Bella and John Cena vs Maryse and The Miz. This is another match that should have not happened and was an unrequired space filler. The best moment was John Cena's proposal but that could have been orchestrated another way. 6/10
6) Seth Rollins vs Triple H. Charity matches, where there is an injured superstar who relies on the WWE universe for support and sympathy, are not the best. Focus was placed on Seth's injured knee and his pain. Since WWE is scripted charity matches take it too far and insult the fans intelligence with a big story revolving around his pain. It was a mediocre and long match and I wish Seth stayed at home for this one. 5.5/10
7) Randy Orton vs Bray Wyatt (c). This was a bit of a disappointment since we were expecting more. The Royal Rumble Winner vs the Champion should headline wrestlemania, it's tradition. Either this or the Undertaker match should be the headline. WWE had built up a perfect storyline and rivalry only to have it done in 10 lousy minutes while Shane McMahon's match was double in length. It was still a decent match because they are great superstars but a counter finisher was all that was needed for Orton. Even WWE said this was the best planned story but poorly executed. Many hoped for Luke Harper to make it a long epic three way and end to the era of Wyatt. The result was a small unimpressive match and undermined the Royal Rumble's 30th show. 6.5/10
8)Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg (c). This was a decent match between two titans. Glad Brock was not buried again but sad to see Goldberg lose, thankfully the match was longer but still only a few minutes. We could had a longer and better match. 7/10
9) Naomi vs Alexa Bliss (c), Carmella, Mickie James, Natalya, and Becky Lynch. Another match that should have not happened. Oddly enough it was saved towards the end, after the first women's match they should have not had another. Thankfully it was short match and had plenty of fireworks. 6/10
10) Roman Reigns vs The Undertaker. Saved the worst for last. This was the worst match of the event. It was terrible to see the Undertaker so weak and vulnerable. Worst of all was to lose to someone like Roman Reigns who is unpopular as ever. The Undertaker is WWE's greatest superstar based on his tenure, experience, persona, popularity and skill and to have him lose what could be his last match was a slap in the face to fans. A very bad end to the event and a great superstars decorated career. People question why a great like HBK or another didn't retire the Deadman. 4/10
Overall score 6.3/10
There were some good moments but a number of bad ones. This Wrestlemania was far too long. They could have benefited from removing the Shane McMahon, Seth Rollins, John Cena and last female match. This maybe could have devoted time to Orton vs Wyatt and Goldberg vs Lesnar. The WWE deserved to pay better homage to the Undertaker who has given them 27 years of his life with a deserving match. Either it could have been a win or a loss to another legend. I think the creative team need to be fired for their poor ideas and story lines. WWE could be in risk of losing its viewership with some very bad calls for the biggest show of shows. Their best Wrestlemania's are far behind them.
10 out of 13 found this helpful