27 April 2016 | jrneptune
Lemonade Video by Beyonce
Words appearing during video:
1. Intuition - that sense that something isn't right about a situation
2. Denial - creating excuses in your mind instead of confronting the issue
3. Anger - reaction when the truth is found out
4. Apathy - reaction afterward trying to fool yourself
5. Emptiness - feeling afterward when you realize your not in control even over yourself
6. Accountability - when you wake up and realize more needs to be done not just for yourself but for your family and others
7. Reformation - rebuilding the relationship
8. Forgiveness - Forgiving others and yourself
9. Hope - Hope for the future
10. Redemption - Phase in which you can trust again
Film Adaptation and Poetry credited to Warsan Shire 12 Videos for each song from the album. I don't see how they are actually interconnected other than being related to a phase of life a woman can encounter or remembers.
Stunning visual displays and songs featuring other artists such as The Weeknd, James Blake and Kendrick Lamar.
Images during videos celebrates everything from her parents, pregnancy, childhood, family videos, a funeral, and moments with her dad, Ivy with her Dad, and celebrities including the mothers of sons recently killed that ignited the Black Lives Matter movement.
I also have to wonder about the timing of it coming out almost two weeks before Mothers Day. Have to wonder if it isn't a Mother's Day gift to women.
I give it 8 out of 10 only because I felt if is going to be an hour long they could have possibly interconnected the stories between the videos better and possibly create a clearer message but then again it is art and having people think and discuss the artist's intent is also a artist's goal.