User Reviews (8)

• stuartmacdonals25 November 2017
    I am totally amazed at the rating this awful movie has. I read the reviews here, which make this movie sound really good. After watching this movie for about 10 minutes I actually had to check if I was watching the same movie and I am afraid to say I was. The acting was pretty darn bad, could have done a better job myself. If you like watching garbage this is the movie for you.
    I can't even rate this farce of movie. From the beginning you could tell it was low budget. The music score is so bad, the cheap music box music in the beginning, the loud screeching and supposed jump scare sounds are annoying. The demon voice, FOH! I stopped at 27:05 into this. Whoever rated this movie a 9 and 10 produced this low budget horrific movie. Maybe the script was good and this could've been a good movie with real actors, I guess we'll never know.
  • undeadzombie196415 September 2018
    Really, really bad acting. It lost me in first few minutes. The actress who plays the daughter was obviously a teenager but played it like she was a pre-schoolers. The only set up to anything was a "news story" that was pretty much the back story to Zak Bagans' Demon House.
  • Was drawn into seeing 'Fall of Grace', with an intriguing premise, that it appeared in my "recommended for you" section and as someone with a general appreciation for the genre. That it was low-budget, which from frequent personal experience is rarely a good sign due to that there are so many poor ones out there, made me though apprehensive.

It is sadly however yet another film seen recently, hence some reiteration because the exact same strengths and flaws present in those films are here, that to me was incredibly disappointing considering its potential which it doesn't do anywhere near enough with. 'Fall of Grace' is awful, with so many huge flaws and doesn't do enough with its potential, which was hardly small. There is very little to recommend in 'Fall of Grace'.

Lets start with the positives.. The scenery has some atmosphere at times.

The start also intrigues.

Going on to the negatives however, the story does feel over-stretched and some of it comes over as vague and under-explained in the last third where the film especially became duller, more predictable, more senseless and less unsettled and never gaining momentum. Too many characters are too sketchy and with nowhere near enough to make one want to endear to them. Their annoying and illogical decision making and behaviours frustrates. Some weren't needed and their placement random, while the chemistry is bland and unfocused.

Making the film feel bland and forgettable with not enough heart put into it. The sound quality is obvious and utilised cheaply (being too loud in the build ups and people's reactions) and all of the acting is lacking severely.

Dialogue can be stilted and rambling while the pace and film drags on forever after such an intriguing start and doesn't recover. Even the ending however is botched, due to being so afterthought-like and with no sense of how to end it. Found too many of the supposedly shocking moments not surprising or scary and the supposedly creepy atmosphere dreary, due to the excessive obviousness, a lot of dumb and vague moments and explanations and the lack of tension and suspense. Thrills are none, thanks to stodginess and excessive over-familiarity, and found myself never invested in the drama, which tended to be overacted and statically directed.

A lot of 'Fall of Grace' has underdeveloped plot elements and often nonsensical and confusing character motivations when the characters weren't used randomly with no point to them, while too many of the things to make you shocked are far from creative or unsettling.

There is not enough threat here and what there is of it tends to be used poorly, while the horror elements are unimaginative and are more odd than scary, completely failing to show any sense of horror. The thriller elements fail to thrill and are very predictable and the drama is overwrought. Some badly sagging momentum too and a lot of weirdness. The direction is leaden, got the sense their heart was not in it, and the music is ill-fitting and very annoying and poorly recorded. The film generally is schlocky and drab.

All in all, really awful. 1/10 Bethany Cox
  • eslam-ayman23 September 2018
    At first I would love to give credit for the art creator responsible for the movie poster, i think it's the only good thing about it and I'm sure that it fooled many people into watching it (including me). I watched many low budget horror movies and some were really great, in fact, I believe that this genre is the least cost requiring genre to create good movies.

But WTF !!? This movie was just too much, I stopped watching after about 20 minutes. A teenage girl actor that wants to pass as a pre-school girl, an awful music with strange misplaced cut sounds, the montage is screwed-up, the effects is miserable (a green light inside a closet is the ghost talking to the girl!!!).

If I can rate this with less than 1 star I wouldn't hesitate!!
  • The only reason I gave this a nine instead of ten was because of slight audio problems throughout the movie. Otherwise, a very well done dark slanted horror. This movie relied heavily on action and there was very little of the stilted dialogue often seen in lower budget horror. Richard Blake and Joshua Winch were particularly effective in their roles. This movie managed to tell a cold, nasty story without resorting to nudity, language, and overdosed gore. The character of Jase was a perfect Hollywood don't mess with me father figure. The character of Luke was well acted in tone with the plot of the movie. Overall definitely worth the purchase price and a movie to enjoy on a cold, dark, rainy night.
  • larajnl11 February 2018
    Loved the film and great job done by the actors and the crew of this.
    JOSHUA WINCH is Brilliant as the Brutal Husband, but Loving Father, "Jase", who fights the Devil Himself to Rescue his daughter from the Clutches of the Devil ! His Beautiful but Promiscuous Wife "Tracy" is Portrayed by the Incredibly Talented SHERI DAVIS, who takes her role from Sensuous & Seductive to Bloody & Gory to Outright & thoroughly Evil ! Lovely Young SKYLER BLODGETT is Remarkable as the unwise Daughter "Belle' & the repentant Captive in the Hopes of Salvation ! GERALD CRUM does a Fine Job as "Calem', a Defrocked Priest, looking to Redeem himself & Save the Young Lady ! Beautiful REBEKAH LYNN BRUFLODT is Wonderful as Tracy's Caring Friend "Liz" ! The Scenery & Make-Up Crew did an Outstanding Job, Even turning the Alluring SHANON SNEDDON & Engaging CASSIDY KENNEDY into "Demons' ! This Extraordinary Film is Not for the Squeamish or the Faint of Heart; But it is Treasure for a True Lover of Horror Films !