User Reviews (10)

• hopejefcoat30 September 2018
    Bad from the beginning to the end. Very low budget. I love movies and some of my favorite ones are the small movies from redbox, but this movie was very bad. Do not be fooled by the cover.
    For starters, is this thing, this, whatever it is called Mad World or Dystopia?

This is bad, even for a Indi film. So they drop you into the middle of the movie with an introduction that you think is what the whole movie is about. Then the whole rest os the movie is like watching the US Senate on CSPAN having a debate over Abortion. Watch the movie and see why I said abortion.

Then instead of closing the movie in any way, or resolving any conflict in to movie, it simply ends in a cliffhanger hanger fashion.

The movie has no set 1st, 2nd, or 3rd act. The concept of the movie could be done, including all the stuff they talked about with the long movie intro, and still resolved the movie by a skilled movie producers in under 2 hours.

Don't watch it. There is nothing to watch. If you do after reading this, its on you.
    In 20137 children die shortly after birth. A Biocorp chip is placed in everyone. Three people go into the past with different goals. Simon Phillips wants to kill everyone in the corporation before they take control. The other two are more interested in saving relatives by relocating them.

Meanwhile Biocorp has discovered how to go back and send back a man to take care of the rebels.

It sounds like "Terminator" but you will be hard pressed to find a memorable line or character. You would think Simon Phillips would have written himself a better role. Michael Madsen is in the film. Not too sure who he was, as he wasn't on the screen that much. Simon Phillips needs to get the private names and addresses of everyone in Biocorp (in 2017) and then decides to blow up a corporate event that was publicly announced. So what was the point?

The cover has nothing to do with the film. Special effects included a tanning bed.

No swearing, sex, or nudity.
  • 'Mad World' drew me into seeing it, with a cool poster/cover, an intriguing if not particularly original premise and as someone with a general appreciation for the genre. That it was low-budget, which from frequent personal experience is rarely a good sign due to that there are so many poor ones out there, made me though apprehensive as well as the low rating and poor reviews.

It is sadly however yet another film seen recently, hence some reiteration because the exact same strengths and flaws those films have are present here, that to me was incredibly disappointing considering its potential which it doesn't do anywhere near enough with. 'Mad World' is yet another terrible film, with a plethora of problems (huge ones too). There is nothing to recommend here, no redeeming qualities at all.

The acting all round is pretty diabolical, exceptions are none, with a bad mix of hamminess and phoning in.

Visually, 'Mad World' looks drab and far from slick, with a cheap, limited set that completely fails to show any sense of claustrophobia or tension, drab photography and not always cohesive editing. The dialogue is from the very start to the silly and anti-climactic finish has no natural flow and makes one cringe. The ending doesn't feel like one at all, it feels unresolved, abrupt and incomplete.

Characters have minimal at best development and are either bland, ridiculously annoying or both with some illogical decision making. The story is dull, never coming to life, dreary in atmosphere with no tension or suspense at all and fails to make sense too often. The direction is as flat as a pancake and what should have been intriguing was instead ridiculous and barely plausible.

Overall, terrible. 1/10 Bethany Cox
  • Just one pathetic scene was all it took for me to think:

"I'd better check the rating on IMDB in case I'm just wasting my time hoping that this will get better".

Ha ha ha ha. Rating of 2.2!

And it didn't get any better.

So only about 10 minutes wasted. Thanks IMDB reviewers.
  • dreamgrifter5 January 2019
    Look I don't want to say more then I hope the whole team learned something about each details on this movie I saw the cover and read the plot I was excited to see it But with this kind of money u could of done better job guys , I know I admire film makers I know it's tough out there but at least for .Fur the next time move the story , Audiences get bored even though I supported u and rented it .
  • ecstazzy_u16 December 2018
    Don't waste your time to watching this ...do something else with your precious time 🙂
  • drexmaverick11 May 2019
    Governments have always been powerless puppets ...
  • taggartmacbean5 January 2019
    I don't want to be cruel here but I have to because this movie tried to be terminator and it came off as boring and confusing, I watched 30 minutes of it and was so bored and didn't get part of the storyline. Wish I could get that $1.75 I spent at Redbox for this movie.
  • See for yourself, one of my top series!! Worth the while if you took the red pill in the matrix! Have fun!