• Review Date 1/16/2018

PLEASE BEWARE OF SOME REVIEWERS THAT ONLY HAVE ONLY ONE REVIEW. WHEN ITS A POSITIVE THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THEY WERE INVOLVED WITH THE PRODUCTION. NOW I HAVE NO AGENDA! I REVIEW MOVIES & SPECIALS AS A WAY TO KEEP TRACK OF WHAT I HAVE SEEN! I HAVE DISCOVERED MANY GEMS IN MY QUEST TO SEE AS MANY " C H R I S T M A S " MOVIES AS I CAN.

Now Someone keeps reporting my reviews. I guess they are jealous because I do tell the truth. I want to point out that I never make snide remarks about actors weight or real life sexual orientation. If there acting is terrible or limited "I talk about that". If a story is bad "I will mention that" So why am I being "picked on"? IMDB? When one of my reviews gets deleted IMDB will not even tell me what someone found offensive. Well on to this review.

Sparks fly between a graphic designer and her male counterpart when they agree to a loveless marriage of convenience to help each other out. The coworkers agree this marriage of convenience, but as they become better acquainted, an unrealized chemistry grows between them.

However what is't addressed in this film is that the man in this film has a "girlfriend" who adores him. She fly's all the way from England to spend Christmas with him and she then finds out he is "Married". Her feelings are not explored.

The acting is fine in this is just the material need a little more work
    This "Green Card" themed Christmas comedy doesn't strike the comedy note either. The so called British guy seems to struggle with his accent throughout. Surely it can't be that hard to find a black British actor to play the role.

A woman executive, Vivica Fox is pressured by her boss played by Eric Roberts to marry a guy to give his a green card so he can work as a designer for their business. They travel back to her family for the holidays. Doesn't quite gel and the ending is forced.

Don't bother.
  • I do not want to get very political here but this is a film with a primary African American Cast. I have never seen this approach on "The Hallmark Channel".

Now this story is far fetched but it is a "Christmas" movie so I expect a little bit of a "Fairy Tale" and this film delivers on what it does promise. "A Love Story".

In this film a woman gets roped into marrying a co-worker who needs a work visa. The Immigration officers however are out to prove that this marriage is a farce. If that happens she is off to prison.

Lovely and easy to watch. Vivica Fox does however save this film.
  • I quite enjoyed this. I actually think the actor playing Roger did well with an English accent; he fooled me. Usually when an actor is trying an English accent it really affects their performance. I thought he'd been in the US a while and picked up a bit of an accent and their terms ('mad' for 'annoyed'), and thought he WAS English!

The lead lady with the odd name (viva a fox) did a great job, although her clothes were a tad small, the makeup too much (she didn't need it) and the way she carried her handbag (which must have been glued to her arm) was distracting and comical. Mum, dad and sister gave poor performances, as did the Warhol look alike boss. Obviously not actors.

Good story, silly but enjoyable.

The ending is the worst I've ever seen. Seemed they made something up quickly. It has to be seen to be believed.

A nice Christmas film (despite the script, some poor performances and a dreadful ending.
  • loisbeers15 February 2018
    "This is a television version of Green Card". In that film a woman marries a man so he can have a green card. In this film a man forces a woman to marry her co-worker so he can stay in this country.

Now she doesn't have a boyfriend but he does have a fiance. Things get "real" between the now faux married couple. What do you think is going to happen?

This is easy film to watch. The cast brings their "A-Game" but the story lets them all down however I love the cast so much in this that I still enjoy this film more than most.
  • This movie is admittedly cheesy, (think Hallmark or Lifetime holiday movie). However, if you're open-minded and are looking for a light-hearted movie to get you in the Christmas spirit, this will work. I enjoyed it while putting up Christmas decor.
  • There was little to no chemistry between Vivicia A Fox and Ricco Ross. There's no basis for budding romance here.

As for acting, I'd expect much better from Fox who was almost hysterical sounding at times, which was much more than what was needed for the part.

Even given that you'd expect the premise to be a stretch, why would the boss offer a higher position to Brooke when the asset he wanted was Roger?

The thing on short supply that The Proposal certainly had was comedy. This movie barely raised a smile for me. The other thing in the other two movies was that the couple realized they needed to occupy the same apartment and the comedic tension created by that. If Brooke is so frightened by the legal threat, living together should be a no-brainer. And she continually resists doing things that are just as necessary for their situation. She seems to avoid time together which would assist in getting to know one another. If this is cramming, then expect an F.

Everything in the story having to do with Gwen is just stupid. Her sudden uninvited appearance when he just started a new job, leaving her on her own in a strange place, visiting his workplace.

Traditional dad? And you allow what Brooke's ex does?

On top of everything else, Brooke is annoying.

All this goes back again to the question - where's the fun, where's the comedy, especially in a Christmas rom-com? I know that a story needs some tension and conflict to make the story interesting, but this movie is all tension and very little fun.

The ending was not any better than the rest.
  • Whether you like your movies so bad they're good, or you have no cognitive skills whatsoever, you'll love this piece of tinsel trash. Somebody please riff this one for the Christmas ages