In India, the film was given a UA certificate by the CBFC after following cuts were made:
- Removed the scenes showing direct visualization of women being molested. around 1.19.03 to 1.19.15 hrs.
- Added in the disclaimer, the mention of sources of the film and also the names of Historians consulted.
- Replaced old disclaimer with new one in English and Hindi mentioning about cinematic liberties, fictionalization. Added sentence ''We do not intend to disrespect sentiments of any person(s) or community, religion, or nationality.''
- Removed the close visual of the dead body of a British woman with her slit throat and a British child being forcefully dragged in the background. 1.16-1.17 hrs.
- Reframed the close visual of a British soldier being killed by slitting his neck with a sword. 02:16:59:05 to 02:17:07:20.