Movie: Real (18): Action - Korean
- The lead actor Kim Soo-hyun is good in his performance and impresses at times.
- The production values are praiseworthy, especially towards the end.
- The action scenes are well shot and executed.
- The concept nevertheless is intriguing despite of the execution.
- The screenplay is engaging in the first 30 minutes, but things start to go out of hand as it starts to get convoluted
- In my opinion, predictability is not something that is bad. In case of REAL, the predictability of a few basic things is what makes one feel less excited to know what's going to happen further.
- The editing is disastrous, as there are plenty of scenes which could've been easily done away with. Right after the first half was over, I just wanted the film to be over as soon as possible.
- The action is good, but the placement is another major disappointment, as it's not placed when you need, except in the climax.
Repeat value: No
REAL is amongst the list of South Korean films which have disappointed me. And it's sad for action movie lover like me to have an action film in that list.