20 April 2020 | hakobyanhakob81
The game that inspired me to learn Unreal Engine
Finally I got what I always wanted - a Souls game that would keep the players engaged, thanks to its story, and not just rely on the unbearable difficulty alone, that most of its predecessors coming from Miyazaki did. And Code Vein brilliantly achieves that. The writing was incredibly well done. In just no time I realised I was in love with the characters.
Bandai Namco did the right thing by creating a game that would first and foremost entertain, which is why some people got it wrong, probably because they've got used to being tortured. But still Code Vein can be extremely hard, if you stop partnering with any of the NPC's.
To me personally this was the best souls experience ever. Even after getting the platinum trophy, I still play it.
The visuals are amazing, the gameplay is long enough, and although it has its challenging moments, the developers did their best to ensure you'll have a good time with it.
Among the advantages Code Vein has compared to previous entries are -
1. Great storytelling and characters.
2. Phenomenal visualisation. The level design is unlike anything you've seen before. Much better than DS3 and Sekiro.
3. Phenomenal score by Go Shiina.
3. Great voice acting.
4. A map that will be a lot of help making it significantly easier to not miss out any important item.
5. The co-op with other players is greatly simplified here. You don't have to place any signs like in DS3. You can be in one area and still be teleported to the other end of the game world to aid another player.
6. Reasonable difficulty level, unless you choose otherwise.
7. Even when you start a NG, it doesn't have to be NG+, so if you're doing an additional run for platinum trophy, that will come in pretty handy.
Even the soundtrack I loved much much more than in Dark Souls. There are at least 3 pieces I will forever keep in my phone now. The track called 'Requiem', playing during one of the endings, I couldn't listen to without tears. Needless to say I was overwhelmed every time I finished the game.
Although I have favorite animes, I never considered myself being a huge fan of the genre before, but now, thanks to Code Vein, I do. I'm eager to see just any anime title there is.
Don't listen to the reviews downgrading this game!
It's sheer brilliance!
I was an idiot to refrain from buying it the day it came out, but later I wanted to kill myself for that. Not as a punishment, but just to support the developers, I additionally got 2 more copies - one for my brother-in-law and another for my best friend.
I will gladly give my money to Bandai Namco and buy just any title they make. Thank you, guys, for these wonderful emotions.