• 2468motorway13 July 2018
    We are huge fans of the books and loved the film. But this series takes the boys and the Cap'n to ANOTHER LEVEL! The little boy in my head is so happy, as are the kids in our house. Enjoy, you will not regret it.
  • I was so happy that they made a captain underpants movie when I was young I absolutely loved the books and wanted them to make a movie so bad! Then they did it! It was everything I imagined! Then Netflix made it into a tv show!! This brought my inner child out I was so happy! The tv show is just as good as the movie I love it. Thank you NETFLIX!!!!
  • As someone who grew up reading the books I have to say I really enjoyed this show. I love its sense of humor and style. I really like how in some episodes it blends various types of animation from 2D style to stopmotion and puppets. The show's about 2 young aspiring comic book artists named George Beard (Ramone Hamilton) and Harold Hutchins (Jay Gragnani) trying to make the most of their school year while trying to avoid their grumpy principal Mr. Krupp (Nat Fixon) and smart yet condescending rival Melvin Sneedly (Jorge Diaz). Unbeknownst to Mr. Krupp he's hypnotized to be Captain Underpants whenever George or Harold snap their fingers. Each episode is based on a comic they wrote. Usually what follows are some hilarious antics and hilarious jokes.

This's a great show and I highly recommend it to both fans of the book series and animation lovers.
  • Having read the novels when I was a kid, I can say that this show is much better than I expected. The humour is fresh and super meta, and the best part - it's actually pretty funny. This show is plain dumb fun, there needs to be a season 2!!
  • If you, or your child, has read the Dav Pilkey books, you will get this series. It is a great continuance and it's harmless silly fun for fans.
  • This show had me worried at first, but it is actually great. It has a lot of creative film mediums in it, (similar to the amazing world of gumball), which adds to the creativity. I'd say the best part of this show is the comedy it has. It is full of clever jokes, and things that make me laugh out loud. The only thing that isn't that great is parts of the stories. Some of the bad guys seem a little boring, and it is sometimes very predictable. But you have to keep in mind, this was made for young children, so a lot of things will be entertaining to them that might seem old to the elderly. I would definitely recommend this show to any fans of the books.
  • I think that a show is a much better way to adapt the books since they were relatively short and their over all structure translates better into a show then a movie. And also the 2d animation is a much better way to adapt the books as well, the show is litlerly the Books but animated and I think that was a good idea.
  • I wasn't expecting anything good from this show, since it's a Dreamworks cartoon based off of a Dreamworks movie based off of a comic book I never bothered to read. I was pleasantly surprised by what I got.

The show contains a lot of good fast-paced humor that I can't seem to find much of in modern cartoons. I say "good" because most fast-paced humor in modern kids' animation is just "random" humor, but this show actually has reason behind it's gags. Unfortunately, it has a fair amount of bodily humor (expectable from a show called "Captain Underpants"), and while I can forgive it because of it's target audience, I can't in good conscience give the show any higher of a score than 7. Nevertheless, it contains a healthy dose of self-aware humor with it's visual gags, and while the show itself is formulaic, the jokes are not.

All things considered, "Captain Underpants" is an above average show that, while flawed, has better humor in it than other acclaimed "comedies" such as Adventure Time (simple bodily humor and random "irony"), Uncle Grandpa (complete pandemonium that passes itself as "irony"), Amazing World of Gumball (nothing put internet and pop culture references), and the like. I would recommend this show.
  • FrogLord6 October 2020
    As a kid, I read all the captain underpants books, and was fond of them. After watching the captain underpants movie that came out not too long ago, I gotta be honest, I was quite disappointed. It didn't really feel like captain underpants. This show however, is surprisingly really good! I started watching it skeptically with my younger siblings, but actually found myself really enjoying it! It stays true the books, and if you were a fan of them, I would give it a watch! It might surprise you!
  • The longest fart joke in human history. It also teaches kids that teachers are stupid and to be disrespected, that clever kids are nerds and that it's OK to be a slacker.

Thanks Netflix.

Fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart, fart.
  • Don't watch if you wanna keep your hearing or the silence from your kids.
    Captain Underpants as an epic novel book series was my childhood! It was my favourite book series along with Diary of a Wimpy Kid, horrid Henry and many more.

On 2017, the movie for the book series came out. It wasn't bad, nor perfect, just decent.

Then on 2018, I heard the book series will also be getting an animated series. I was intrigued, so I gave it a watch on Netflix. And I got to say, it was a bit disappointing.

It had the two main characters from the books, George and Harold, along with other recurring characters from the books like Mr Krupp (aka captain underpants), Mr Meaner, Melvin and a few more, which leaves the rest of the characters to be new for this animated series.

This series to me just doesn't capture the feel of the novels by Dave Pilkey, and feels more like DreamWorks running out of ideas for TV shows. The new added characters to the series can get a bit annoying from time to time but can still be likeable. The fart jokes were completely unfunny and felt just pathetic. The narrator in this series was a tad bit irritating and wasn't really needed, and the comic reading narrator was 3x irritating with his obnoxious, screeching, kid-like voice for 1 minute straight which is quite cringy.

Overall, this series isn't terribly bad, nor great. Just below average, and a show that nobody really asked for.

Bright