• I'm a lifelong fan. Hated the Michael Bay tripe. But this is 'entertaining' to me. Remember when the 1980's cartoon was a lowball/poorly anaimated cartoon to sell toys? So how was that so much better? This is entertaining to me as it feels stakes are higher, and characters can die and not return. I love the fact that this at least has a G1 look and feel.

Look at it this way, would you rather Hasbro hire a different writer to move the franchise forward and turn Transformers into something it isn't? I think we had enough of that a few months ago with another Franchise. Some of you know what I'm referring to.
  • padaddoo9 April 2019
    Meh.
    As a lifelong Transformers fan, I have to say that I am utterly disappointed in thizs series.

Characters are killed off in a capricious manner, with no real thought to what was happening.

I am an old-school G1 Dinobot fan, and when Sludge was killed for literally no reason (even commented on by Overlord), I found that there was no emotional pinch to it. It was simply another character death in a long line of them. To me, that is the hallmark of bad writing.

I knew what the quest was, but I just didn't get the point of it, all through this trilogy.

From huge Starscream to dead Metroplex, to Devestator with a huge hole in his chest, this whole things just seemed to be an extended excercise in "WTF?".

I can only pray that next year's War for Cybertron series is a better offering.
  • Dinobots! Predacons! Primal! You've been PUNK'D!

Seriously, after the soul-destroying rubbish peddled by Michael Bay, you'd think a series done by the parent company itself would be somewhat redemptive and of an appropriate quality.

SUCKS TO BE A TRANSFORMERS FAN.

Abysmal animation, horrid voice acting and a truly inconsequential and abhorrent storylines have plagued Machinima's TF series since the start (Combiner Wars), but it's actually getting WORSE.

Watch as cast members act completely out of character, be utterly pointless and have various issues with variable SCALE, SIZE, ABILITIES, POWER AND PERSONALITIES. It's like the unfunniest joke ever, truly cringe-inducing.

It's fine if this was put out by people who've never seen Transformers or don't speak English or are 12yr old, but this is serious self-harm to the lore. Boring, dull and unimaginative; DESPITE THE SOURCE MATERIAL. It takes some Herculean effort to make this premise so lame, but they've done it.

CUT TO THE CHASE:

Dumb, hammy and consequence-free final entry of the trilogy makes you question your love of robots in disguise. Avoid if you love Transformers. Or Cinema.
    And thus, the TF "lamology" of Machinima comes to an end and in an abrupt way, as expected though, by such bad writing. In my personal opinion, it is the worst TF series ever created, along with Energon & Beast Wars II.

The gist of PotP is this: what do you do when you have many characters and you have no idea what to do with them, although all are main characters of the TF-verse? You kill them. All.

PotP introduces even more characters, in the fashion of CW & TT, as a "tribute" to the at-the-time toyline, in a very meshy way. Overlord is the herald of Unicron, who possesses Hot Rod, Megatronus wants to ressurect his love by killing all TF's and the viewers are wondering wtf is going on. My personal disappointment was that no Unicron ever appeared, because they wanted somehow to promote Rodimus Unicronus figure and the ending. That ending. Is the worst cliffhanger ever created, but I assure you, it was the end of this trilogy.

If you don't want to watch 10x10' episodes with main characters just punching & killing each other in the worst ever animated way, pass...

0/10 in the whole trilogy. Let the sands of time swallow this marketing abomination...