Some interesting atmospheric shots and original plot but that's all positive I can say hence the 4 stars. Also no additional background on the key character that kills them except that he hates Americans? Please.

The acting is very poor, and I will leave it at that.

They also did very poor job with photoshooting our protagonists in the poster for the film.

This movie ain't it.
  • The plot of this film sounded interesting so I decided to give it a watch. This was a big mistake. The movie sets a very dark and gloomy mood from the beginning, even when it was trying to establish the couple as being excited about their European trip. The movie drags at an unbearably slow pace and the story is all over the place. Every character in the movie is pretty boring and the aftermath of the mystery and suspense that the film created left me feeling very unimpressed and disappointed. Honestly, if I could turn back the hands of time I would not devote an hour and a half of my life on this movie. I have seen Lifetime movies which were way more captivating.
  • "Frieda - Coming Home" is an unsettling experience taking place in a beautiful but scary vacation lake house in the forests of Germany.

I saw it at the Snowdance Independent Film Festival in 2020 and I was amazed by the beautiful camera work and the slow pacing. The camera is floating through the empty rooms of the house following the two great actors while tension is growing faster and faster!

I liked it very much!
  • trendsetterinz30 April 2020
    A movie with this low of viewers might have something wrong. That's what goes into mind first. I watched this, and to be honest, i watched it completely. Trust Me, if it was boring, i would have stopped at any minute. Now, that's what is important to me. Love the twist. Overall, not perfect, But extremely enjoyable thriller.
  • A very good mystery movie can see it again and again an unsettling experience taking place in a beautiful but scary vacation lake house in the forests of Germany.The plot of this film sounded interesting The camera is floating through the empty rooms of the house following the two great actors while tension is growing faster and faster!
  • I liked it a lot this is a very good mystery movie and we question ourself when finish i can see it again and again it is slow but i never got bored
  • "Frieda - Coming Home" is a film that - positively - took a lot of nerve out of me. I have seldom seen such an exciting film that keeps me on my toes the whole time in a way that is unfortunately unusual by now. I still have to think about it three days later, so the story touched me that I write an opinion here for the first time. Moreover, it's similar to Denis Villeneuve's films from mood and look, and I love them. What also excited me is the subject, which makes you think about it. Really a foreign film that is worth watching!