• grumpyredrose22 July 2019
    As expected from Japanese movies, it hits your core and makes you cry.

The movie a good watch, it's kinda realistic having those rules that you have to follow to be able to go back to the past. The movie was straight forward and shows the different situations or events that makes people want to go back and re-live the past, even for just a moment.

There is small part of the movie which kinda dragged the story, although it was just a short part. Also, there was also a part where I felt needed some sort of explanation as to how it became. Reason why I gave it 9 stars.

Over all, it is a good film, it tugs the heart and the twist is unexpected.

Highly recommended.
  • Just watch this movies. this movies divided into sub story, there are 4 sub story. the acting was good, direction was good and also very different story. amazing story! I wipe my tears at the end of 4th sub story.. tears ..tears .. Most of mainstream hollywoods movies stories is just so bad an ugly compared to this Japanese movies... They should learn something from JAPAN !
  • The movie is a bit boring at times, especially at the beginning and the time travel thing isn't done in a very compelling way either. The random rules people have to adhere to in order to visit the past just seem like excuses so the production could stay within its budget. It could have been done more creatively. There are some charming and emotional human interactions and stories in the various subplots, but not all of them are intriguing and it's a bit far fetched that it all takes place with the cafe as the center. It's almost like a theater play with different life lessons. So it kind of swings between nice and "could be better", but ultimately I did like it because like most japanese movies it's very wholesome and a welcome escape from the ugliness of modern western "culture".
  • zufre2 June 2019
    Silly
    Just listening to the rules to travel to the past made me think it was trash.