User Reviews (1,057)

• Vivarium is a rather ingenious film about a young couple, excellently played by Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg, lured to a bland housing development by a salesman (a hilariously weird Jonathan Aris) where they are forced to raise a child. I really liked the first half, which is a visually striking, surreal existential drama that can be seen as a commentary on suburban life.

At first much of the movie is weirdly, darkly comical, but as it moves along the comical parts give way to despair and horror. This makes sense, and I think it's a reasonable direction for the movie to go based on its premise. But while the first half is *fun*, the second half is very much not, and that feels like a bit of a bait and switch.

The movie is also, at an hour and a half, too long. It's basically an extended Twilight Zone episode that takes one concept and explores it. There aren't really twists per se, we never learn much about this world, we just see how these people's lives unfold in this bizarre situation.

Ultimately I'm torn between rating this 6 or 7, since parts of it are quite good. But while I was fascinated early on, by the end I was just kinda bummed out.
    It seems many viewers were so distracted by the style of the film that they missed its substance. To me, the film is not a critique of suburbia or parenting but a horror film about the positive qualities of both. Spoilers are full steam ahead below...

Humans are excellent parents. We parent our helpless infants for a shocking long time, we build safe houses for them - rain, lightning & earthquake-proof. We raise them in patterns; sweet quiet streets & cookie-cutter homes, cookie-cutter gender roles as parents. With such bountiful generosity & devotion, with such easily grasped roles, how could a brood parasite not take advantage?

The aliens in this film are our cuckoos. They give us their child and we raise it in our own nest. We are trapped by our own humanity. When we see the newborn we feel parenthood instinctively. We cannot crush the newborn's head with a pickaxe, though we know it is not human. We feed & nurture the child - perhaps begrudgingly, abusively, neglectfully - but we feed and nurture it even as it grows larger than ourselves. It takes all our energy to care for it, draining our very lifeforce, but we keep doing it. We can find no other option... We are trapped by our own nature.

Other critics seem to think the aliens lack motivation, or that they have totally alien motivation; researcher motivation. I don't think so. Like the cuckoo, they are only fulfilling their own nature. They cannot save their para-parents. They are doing this to survive - it is their role in the circle of life. Why? Perhaps because their life span is so short, perhaps because their extra-dimensional nature makes typical parenting impossible, perhaps just the quirks of evolution. They look at us as we would see a cow. And they know how valuable our milk is. They must drink it to survive, so the baby calf is turned to veal and we eat ice cream on hot days. But are they evil? Not unless your tapeworm is evil. Nature is amoral.

It is our own morality - the love for a baby's face - that traps us. We cannot dig out of our morality, or outrun it, or outthink it. This movie is exceptional because it shows us how our freely given empathy could be used to entrap and enslave us. I guess the only escape from this trap is infanticide or suicide - making the brood parasite strategy untenable, but ending our own life in the process. A more cruel trap than Jigsaw ever made. Horror at its finest.
    Honestly, I had pretty high hopes for this film. I really enjoy Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg and I thought they would have some interesting chemistry on-screen. The story seemed captivating enough from the trailer: A young couple meets up with an unusual real estate salesman to look at a house in a picturesque residential neighborhood, and they get trapped into a hellish suburbia where their only chance of survival is to raise a child delivered to them in a box. I was interested to see what direction it would take and unfortunately, it didn't deliver. The movie sets you up for a thrill-ride and just kind of... stops once it establishes itself. Once Gemma and Tom give up and accept their fate, the movie takes a turn for the worse. I feel like there were a lot of missed opportunities in this film for scares and uncomfortable moments that the director just didn't take. The character development (ESPECIALLY Imogen Poots' character) is really inconsistent, and their motives don't make a whole lot of sense. Why is it that Gemma suddenly decides to care about this child? There's really no lead up to her tacitly accepting her role as "mother". She just kind of... does it one day, with little to no explanation for her behavior. Why is Tom so set on digging this hole? The ending is painfully predictable and unsatisfying. Overall, this movie reads like a crappy episode of the Twilight Zone. It had a lot of potential, but it also fell flat in a lot of places.
  • Got a half decent idea for a short tv episode (but hey... leave out the cuckoo opening scenes then, no need to spell out the whole thing beforehand) but as a feature it's just an amateurish mess without much thought, balance in it's storytelling or coherence behind it (and yes it is "surreal" but that doesn't make it any better)
    I believe many of the people who have reviewed this movie here really do not understand the message of this movie.

This is (and I thought it was pretty apparent pretty early on) a very unique way of depicting the monotony of suburban life in many cultures today. A couple buys a house, they have an unexpected child, that child is a nightmare in their life but is their responsibility (in this case, by force,) the couple begin to fight because the child strains the relationship, the father works himself to death in search of some kind of meaning, the mother dies of heartbreak, and the child moves on to continue his own monotonous life cycle.

I believe the movie was meant to be boring because it was supposed to reflect how boring "your average citizen's" life can be.

I agree with other reviews saying there could have been a montage of the couple trying to escape. It would add a bit more substance to the actual plot and could have represented a "midlife crisis" to stay in line with the overall metaphor of the movie.

I really enjoyed this flick, especially considering I've never seen anything quite like it. It definitely isn't for everybody, but I think there's a certain demographic of viewers that will absolutely adore this film.
  • The way this movie played out and ended felt very similar to a black mirror episode that felt like it's missing something.... there are a lot of great things in this movie (performance, cinematography, color scheme) but it doesn't make up for the one thing it lacks- excitement. Honestly watching this movie made me feel like I ate a big meal and I'm full from it but it wasn't what I was craving and overall bland. I have this feeling that the point of this movie is to make you feel like nothing. make you feel melancholy and/or depressed. It really makes you question your existence, your place on earth, if perfection is really what we crave and if life really matters, so it did achieve its goal however it probably could have been slightly more entertaining but then maybe it wouldn't have been as effective? It's a tough grey area. I probably wouldn't watch it again or recommend it to someone who's depressed. If you like unique artsy surreal films give it a go but don't expect too much. (Excuse my horrible grammar and spelling)
    I've been in quarantine since mid-march. I's now mid July. I've literally haven't left my house during this entire time - not to run errands, not to walk around the block. I haven't been outside.

Or maybe I should say I haven't been outside the perimeter of my house. I have been in my backyard on good weather days.

So my life consists of my husband going out getting food, doing most of the cooking, serving me breakfast and dinner and sometimes lunch because he likes to keep busy and I've become a slug.

I go to bed I get up I do work. Then I stop working watch some TV and go to bed and get up and do it all over again and I've been doing this day after day for 100 and 20 days.

I can relate. I think it's obvious what's going on. There were a lot of breadcrumbs thrown around along the way.

Obviously, these are aliens and they are studying our species to learn how to imitate us (notice that's what the kid was doing and his voice was a combination of both "parents") to eventually take over the world.

Apparently they are a patient species. It looks to me like the world that they created had several levels and there were "families" on each level.

I guess soon enough they'll push us out of our nest much like the cuckoo bird and replace us.

The end.
    Here how I rate Vivarium (from lowest 0 to highest 10)

From acting: 8. 8 for both Imogen Poots and Jesse Eisenberg

From writing: 7

From Directing: 7

From story logic: 2 (I don't want to give 1 because it will be too low) Total: (8+7+7+2)/4 = 6

The spoiler starts here:

By definition, Vivarium is an enclosure, container, or structure adapted or prepared for keeping animals under seminatural conditions for observation or study or as pets; an aquarium or terrarium. The story of the movie exactly just like the definition of the tittle

THIS IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE STORY (according to me): Alien (or whatever it is that abducted Tom and Gemma) can't raise their own offspring and need a human couple to help them to raise their own offspring just like the bird at the beginning of the story. And the bird that raise the baby bird (although the baby bird is not its child and this baby bird actually the one that killed the biological baby bird), can't do anything about it.

The whole point of the movie explained entirely in this scene when a student of Gemma saw dead birds (The one that has been showing at the beginning of the movie). This is their conversation and the meaning of the conversation and the relation with the meaning of the movie itself:

Student: S Gemma: G

S: Who did that to the poor baby birds? => this is we as an audience ask why the story punish both Tom and Gemma G: I don't know. Maybe it was a cuckoo. => this is the Story explaining itself. The explanation is at the end of the movie when Gemma hit the Yonder's Boy S: Why? => this is we as an audience ask the reason of that torture to Tom and Gemma and countless another couple in the story G: Because it needed a nest. => this is the Story explaining itself. S: Why doesn't it just make its own nest? => This is us again, asking the question G: Because that's nature, that's just the way things are. => this is the Story explaining itself. We as an audience can't complain because that's just the way things are S: I don't like the way things are. They're terrible. => This is us again, at the end of the movie, hated the Story so much. So many plot hole (you can read the plot hole at the end of this review) and so many unanswered questions make us feel incomplete when leaving the theater after seeing the movie G: Well... it's only horrible sometimes. => this is the Story UNABLE TO explaining itself. This is why the logic of the movie is so low according to me. The story can't explain it self and only stating the statement that it's only horrible sometimes

Though it's never made explicit in Vivarium's ending, the most obvious interpretation of Yonder and the strange boy that Tom and Gemma are forced to raise is an alien abduction story. The film opens with a shot of a newly hatched cuckoo pushing other baby birds out of the nest. This is a phenomenon in nature known as brood parasitism, in which some birds will lay their eggs in a stranger's nest in order to trick the other bird into raising their young. In Vivarium's opening, the cuckoo eventually becomes so large that when its unwitting adoptive parent returns to feed it, the cuckoo looks like it's about to consume the adult bird's head - foreshadowing the movie's ending.

Vivarium takes the behavior of the cuckoo and reimagines it as an alien or extradimensional species that has invaded Earth and forces humans to raise its offspring by trapping them together in a "nest" (in this case, the house at No. 9 in Yonder). Just as some female cuckoos are able to lay eggs that resemble the eggs of the bird species whose nest they are left in, the boy's species is able to imitate humans closely, but not perfectly. Tom and Gemma notice something is off about Martin as soon as they arrive in the real estate office and observe his strange behavior, and the boy's voice definitely doesn't sound like a normal human child.

Compounding the alien abduction theory is the strange alien language that appears in the boy's book and the patterns that appear on the TV, which are clearly communicating to him. At one-point Gemma asks the boy to imitate the person who gave him the book and he starts to transform, with bulging growths on his neck. Later, after she attacks him with the pickaxe, he gets down on all fours and scuttles like an animal - all of which points to him being an alien species in disguise. The impossible space that Gemma stumbles into when she tries to chase the boy at the end of the movie definitely seems like an alien construct, as does the impossible space of Yonder itself.

Based on Vivarium's ending, it seems that these aliens age rapidly, growing to adulthood within a year (the boy looks about six years old after just three months) and declining from middle age to old age within the same space of time. They sustain themselves by trapping human couples in Yonder and forcing them to raise their weird children, and when a new "Martin" reaches adulthood, he replaces the old one. The aliens do not appear to form any kind of emotional attachments to their adoptive parents, and do not grieve for them when they die

Tom and Gemma are literally stuck in this heteronormative structure of what a couple is "supposed to do" as they get older. Against their will, they have been forced into the suburban life, a home they despise, a routine they grow resentful of, and a child neither of them wanted. They are now stuck on a path for life that is both mundane and horrifying - one that ends in their deaths, with their bodies left to rot on the grounds of the house they hated. They aren't alone in this nightmare either, as the parallel worlds of Yonder reveal. This is the world that awaits us all, or at the very least, the white heterosexual middle-class couples to whom this fantasy is primarily sold to.

Interestingly, Tom and Gemma never ask out loud why they have been trapped in the world of Yonder and its restrictive rules. They just get on with it because they have to. This is partly what makes Vivarium so fascinating: It is keenly aware of the smothering expectations placed upon people to adhere to societal norms, even as they become more unattainable and less desired by younger generations. Nowadays, we are less tied up by such conventions and it's far more normal for people, whatever gender they are, to remain unmarried, child-free, or off the property ladder, whether it be through choice or financial restrictions. Still, even today, it is that image of the happy suburban white couple with children and a mortgage that dominates the world and is deemed the default mode of life. Tom and Gemma were not picked to become a new part of Yonder for any other reason than because they were there, and that makes their fate all the more terrifying. It could happen to anyone.

The most interesting and arguably the boldest aspect of Vivarium is in how it takes on the concept of parenthood. Here, to be a parent is to be forced into a one-sided parasitic relationship that will sap you of your very life essence. It is to be miserable and unfulfilled, to commit to something that will never make you happy or yield vaguely satisfying results. Tom and Gemma did not want a child but the society of Yonder demanded it, and the boy who grows in years as the days pass is unnerving, lacks imagination, and is utterly helpless without them. It's a blunt metaphor for the realities of parenting, but most stories end such narratives in a happy way, revealing how it was all worth it in the end.

Vivarium doesn't do that. This is a film with the sheer guts to position the act of being parents as potentially the worst thing one could do with their lives, a mistake they will regret until they die. That remains one of society's last true taboos and Vivarium pulls no punches with it. Even when Gemma shares tender moments with the boy, she absolutely refuses to let him call her his mother. Her dying words to the now-grown boy are just that: "I am not your mother." It's a final act of defiance in the face of a world that took everything from her, and one that verbalizes countless people's lives, both within Yonder and in the real world.

PLOT HOLE:

1. there's no explanation what the Yonder's boy really need actually from the human being. From the story itself, AUDIENCE ARE ABLE TO see that the Yonder's boy actually can raise its own kind. No need to established such a complicated vivarium in term of Yonder neighborhood and put a couple of human being in there in order to raise its own kind. Constant supply of food, electricity, etc., you named it. The Yonder's boy even can understand the TV channel in the other hand, the human couple that raise it, can't.

2. there's no explanation why the Yonder's boy need to be exist in our world and what is its purpose.

3. there's no explanation how the vivarium established in the first place

4. there's no explanation why Gemma and Tom need to die

Major failure in point number 1 above make the story pointless. Although as an audience we can get the meaning and associate it with our real-life condition but nevertheless, it is still meaningless.

Truman show (starred Jim Carrey) is an example of vivarium but it is elegantly explaining the plot. The story (Truman Show) reveal itself and audience feel completed when leaving the theater after seeing the movie; whereas impossible to get the same feeling after watch this so-called Vivarium.

Just my 2 cents. Andy.
  • But then came the rest of the film. Tedious, repetitive, dull. I was SO glad when it was over. Ick.
  • Don't listen to those dullard consumers that have been brought up on a steady diet of bangs and flashes. This isn't a mainstream film, rather it resembles a play, which gives a nod to Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot". With it's limited cast, static set design and dreamlike colours and soundtrack, I found myself mesmerised by every detail of this surreal little odyssey. It's necessary to absorb the atmosphere and dread of the existential nightmare that unfolds in order to enjoy the way it gets inside your head and alters your mood. Personally this is exactly the kind of movie which doesn't make me feel that I've wasted an evening. You can keep your guns and explosions, this is the closest I've felt to visiting a theatre since it's been impossible to do so. If you enjoyed The Twilight Zone as a kid this will feel nostalgic, though I sense it makes a bigger comment on the psychology of being human, or perhaps isolated... perfect for the times. Well done actors and designers. No it won't be for everyone, but I loved it.
  • Full waste of time although I have a lot of free time due to lock down still this time could have been used for something else.
    I take that back of course: Vivarium is an ingenious commentary about ______ Either that or it's a completely innocuous science fiction/fantasy story without any meaning, and anyone demanding meaning is clearly just a snob. The nice thing about hollow movies like this is critics can have it both ways. This is some kind of brilliant and profound statement about some kind of prescient social issue...and if you complain about it being pretentious, you just don't know how to have fun!

As much as some ideas were interesting here, this movie is a dull slog filled with overacting, not convincing special effects, constant waffling on vague philosophy and mostly just bored, grouchy looking people in dimly lit rooms staring into space.

The only real attention paid was to making the film look pretty, and it does at times, but the over stylization takes away from any potential feeling of real peril.

If it was supposed to be profound, don't make it so silly. If it was supposed to be entertaining don't make it so plodding and self-impressed.
  • Unfortunately there's not enough substance here to fill up an entire feature film. There's A LOT of padding. For example the scene where they're listening to ska music in the car. It doesn't add anything much to the movie. It feels like the actors were told to just make up a dialogue on the spot.

For a movie of this kind to sustain our attention for a full hour and a half there needs to be more than just the initial concept. Unfortunatley there's not. There's no twist. There's no second act. There's a really interesting "nightmare"-type scene towards the end which feels for a moment like the movie's finally going somewhere. But then it dissipates and we're left with nothing much once more.

Why didn't the protagonists try and decipher the book that was delivered? Surely that was a vital clue? What caused their health to fail? Why didn't they try breaking into other houses on the street? I wanted these characters to fight to the death but they really went out with a wimper.

Could have been great.... but wasn't. Watch "the Platform" instead if you want surreal horror with a message.
    I agree that this movie isn't for everyone - that doesn't mean it's no good. Maybe it's just what I saw in the film when I watched it that made it so impactful. The movie is not called "Suburbia" - it's "Vivarium". That should have given you a clue. To me it's a movie about, for example, what fish in an aquarium or lions in a modern zoo must feel/think while researchers explore and try to understand their behaviour. Extending that further...it might also be what an invading force might do in order to prepare for battle I.e. study the enemy. In that context I think it's a must see.
  • I believe the point of the film is that it's pointless, a gloomy cycle that repeats itself regardless of whatever may try to get in its way. It's nihilistic, but also does not seek to convey anything to the audience. It's an intriguing story that begins and ends, and in the end was nothing more than a thought experiment without merit.
  • If this had been an episode of Black Mirror about 40 minutes long, it could have been good. Unfortunately, however, they thought they could stretch this thin story to 95 minutes and failed.
  • The 27th March of 2020 is a good day, a decent day, a day to enjoy a fresh Jesse Eisenberg double feature - "Resistance" and "Vivarium". The latter proved to be an entertaining and thoughtful parable in the atmospheric and thematic traditions of "The Twilight Zone", yet not without its flaws and misses.

"Vivarium" is almost entirely based on a metaphor/s, a parable of an often-used theme, a story that knows what it wants to say but, despite a nice flow of inventiveness, can't keep it consistently substantial. The vert first minutes, the intro sequence, heavily foreshadows what ideas are to follow without even using any characters yet. Later on, there are points where the commentary is perhaps too obvious and spoon-fed. Rushed-in family-hood, the challenges of parenthood, ownership and more similar ideas are presented and worked into a dystopian, lab-rat-like environment. There's a decent dose of humor injected in it as well, the more grim kind. The movie plays off its cast's content and realistic little performances, a top-notch, eye-pleasing production design and various atmosphere-setting devices, trying to be an intriguing survival drama that's swimming around the surface while continuously hinting on a something deeper. The deeper never truly comes. "Vivarium" succeeds at being a drawn-out episode of what could be an anthology horror series, but as a full feature it lacks additional components. For the most part, it is enough with the presented themes, the distressing and messed up character's new routine and the fantastic, mysterious elements surrounding it, but... "Vivarium" has got style, but half-way through it slowly ceases to be enough & as a climax we receive... even more style. Basically, as far as atmosphere, special effects and indie arthouse creativity goes, "Vivarium" is a great little flick worth seeing, but chances of eventual underwhelment are there.

For anyone who loves oddball indies, mysterious concepts, metaphors, borderless creepiness and what people call "Twilight Zone-esque", "Vivarium" is a journey worth taking. Should it succeed, thoughts might be provoked. My rating: 7/10.
    I honestly cannot believe we watched the entire movie but we really wondered how this got decent reviews so we stuck with it. All I can say is the writer, director and Eisenherg had all of their friends and acquaintances sign up and give 10 stars.

The movie never goes anywhere and has no purpose. The characters have no purpose and accomplish nothing besides digging a hole. It is so nothing. Lol. I would rather watch the season finale of Lost once a week for the rest of the year than watch this again.

It was sooo bad I showed my kid the highlights, took less than 5 minutes.

I gave it 2 stars just because it was bad enough where I was inspired to sign up and write this review.
  • There are many artworkss I have come across I don't understand, or that grate on my eyes and ears, but I could never say 'this is the worst I've ever come across, I want my money or time back.' I just acknowledge I don't understand it and move on. The rhetoric used in many reviews here (and on other titles here) is nothing short of churlish and immature. I hope people with more rational minds can ignore the cancel culture reviews, use better judgement as to whether this film is worth their time or money and give equally fair reviews.

That being said, I've given this a 7 (a 'good' but not 'great' in my personal estimation, your mileage may vary) and recommend this highly to lovers of noir fantasy/science fiction parables, or bleak social commentary framed in a Carrollian/Kafka-esque/David Lynch set-up. Many others, like me, may probably like, enjoy or appreciate it to varying degrees, but shouldn't 'hate' it.

The two leads (Eisenberg and Poots) are quite up to the demands their predicament puts on them, and show a varied range of emotions and states. The supporting child actor, however, gives me the willies! If that wasn't his normal voice I was hearing, his mannerisms, posture and acting were still scarily on-point. (If that was his voice, however, his career should skyrocket.) As a 'family' their dynamic is both an exaggerated mirror of modern unprepared families, as well as a starkly portrayed descent into madness.

Set design and overall production quality was obviously low-budget but very effective nonetheless. It perfectly evokes the subliminal nausea that modern suburbia often instills. You are asked to pay more attention to the tasteless food, the cookie cutter clouds and the pictures on the walls to better understand the complete lack of emotion or creativity of the antagonists, how completely different a species they are.

The script is the only thing I knock a point off for. While it didn't do anything 'wrong', per se, I can agree with some reviewers that maybe, just maybe, some kind of clarification, exposition or slightly less bleak ending would make it more palatable to a much wider audience, but then we would be as remiss as if we asked Picasso to paint the whole face, or Jackson Pollock to join some of the dots up and give us a clue... Sadly, therefore, the point lost is for my own (and others) lack of vision or understanding, not the Writer/Director's ability.
  • What a weird, odd but somehow enthralling movie. It really should have been boring but somehow it kept me interested the whole time. I'm not sure why. And it's the kind of movie I usually hate because you get no real answer at the end. Theres a lot of things that maybe they were trying to say about suburbia life and such, maybe trying to be artsy, but I never really care about that kind of thing, yet again I liked it.

Maybe it's got to do with the isolation part. I watch this and think hey, our isolation ain't bad. If you haven't seen it and you like quirky weird movies give it a whirl, might grab you like it did me.
  • Overall the film very slow paced, but I kept watching just to see how it ends... and it's so disappointing! Seriously? No, seriously?? The ending was complete trash. Nothing makes sense and nothing is explained. Don't even waste your time with this movie.
  • FilmChamp2027 March 2020
    That sums up the movie. Just... what? Okay then.

There was no point to this. Nothing. It was just made to be made. Biggest waste of time I've ever sat through in my life. Nothing is explained and nothing happens.

Seriously. Don't watch this if you're expecting some weird and bizarre movie with a twist. It's black mirror episode that was trashed and someone found the crumpled up sticky note of it and decided to make a movie with it.

You can poke holes all you want into the "theme" or "art" of it; the "hidden" messages or "intellectual" understanding. I seriously think it was made to just be made.

I love weird and bizarre movies. Even ones that are so far out there that many just can't tolerate. This, however, is nothing but time lapsed scenery with actors messing around.

It was leading up to an interesting concept, to only leave you off with "THATS IT!?" It's like a pilot episode to a show that gets you hooked. But there's no following episode to continue the mystery because it's a movie.

If you want to see Jesse being Jesse, watch. If you want to marvel at how beautiful and talented Imogen is, watch. All I got out of this movie, if I can come up with anything at all, is, wow, Imogen is a pretty woman and can convincingly act out any emotion well.

Don't let people tell you this only for smart people to understand. It's not. It's an empty glass that's pretty to look at when you're thirsty.
    Although the film is creatively pretty well made and keeps you on the edge, well. almost until the last 12 mins or so, it is a MASSIVE waste of an anti-climax. Do not waste your time whatsoever. It leads to NOTHING. Literally nothing. And you'll be left with nothing but a weight of regret of wasting your last hour and more. Blasphemously disappointed. because I kept expecting an epiphanous moment LOL!
  • georjekc12827 March 2020
    Weird only for the sake of being weird. I'm easy on movies/people's creative efforts. I usually hand out 8s, 9s, and 10s as if they were Gummy Bears and Blo-Pop suckers for the kids on Halloween. On the rare occasion where I do dip below 5 stars I most often do what my mother always told me to do. If I can't say something nice...I don't say anything at all. And yet, here I am. Disappointed in the movie after 97 minutes of hoping it would offer some appreciable redeeming or artistic value (I strongly hesitate to criticize its artistic value since I myself can barely cut and paste) only to be sadly disappointed by its emptiness. How bad could it be I reasoned? After all my boy Jesse Eisenberg is in it and most of his movies are usually 8s... Aren't they? Sorry, but I will not take the time to describe the storyline or plot to you. Instead I will recommend that you see the trailer on YouTube to get the feel and flavor of this movie and keep in mind that what you see is what you get. And that's all.
  • I liked it, I like that they've shown us something different from the norm, something a little odd. I was glued to the screen, captivated, it's a mystery but it's one that you'll be saying TF!. If you like reading or viewing some of Stephen king now and then, then you too could probably appreciate the movie for its surrealty value. The movie does have a message too, however, it's a bit bleak but it is there, you could say it's somebody's metaphor/anxieties about suburban-life.