• Impressive Background Color. And The Animation's Great.

I Give A Humongous Thanks To Hanna-Barbera And Chris Bailey For This Intrepid New Scooby-Doo Animated Series A Total +1 In My Book.

Ringing In The Voices:

With Frank,Grey,Matt And Kate Doing An Excellent Job Voicing First The Aired Pilot Then Next Further On In The Series With Many More Celebs And Voices In Tow This Is Going To Be A One Animated Fun Ride For The Series.

I Give This Show My Full Participation :)
  • roweandrew11 August 2019
    Scooby-Doo is my favorite cartoon, even have his dogtag tattooed on my wrist. This show does the original Scooby-Doo movies justice, I love it! Especially the intro it has the old Scooby-Doo feel to it. Can't wait for mor episodes!
    I Want Scooby Doo and Guess Who? New Be On Videocassette On February 3rd 2020
  • Revenge of the Swamp Monster, whilst containing obvious flaws, delivers a promising start to the series. With a focus on more visual humour, rather than offbeat and unusual from Be Cool Scooby (However do expect a zany punchline to be delivered here and there), and an old fashioned sense of score and narrative. Fingers crossed the rest of the season delivers on such a similar aura of nostalgic fun!
  • The animation is honestly amazing. The backgrounds and character designs are nostalgic. Episodes 2 and 4 really show the potential of the show.
  • I so far love this show! I will admit that the first episode wasn't the best, but it definitely gets a lot better. The group dynamic, chase scenes, comedy, and different guest stars really help bring the show together. I'm so glad to see the original animation styles after witnessing Be Cool Scooby-Doo. It fall a bit weak in that each episode doesn't quite have the "finding clues" and "looking for suspects" kind of feeling as shown in the previous Scooby-Doo series. It also does feel a bit rushed, hence why took off a star. But, as a long time Scooby-Doo fan, I think this show is super solid! Definitely would recommend watching, long time Scooby-Doo fan or not!
  • A return to form for those who want their 'classic' scooby format back. It might not be the best of the best in the series, but is something a classic scooby fan would have missed since early 2000's/90's

PROS ~~~~~ + The jokes are on-point, plenty of out louds and snickers, (no crying gut-busters though), even some innuendos, (see Mudsy from episode two at the dinner, total snagglepuss expy) + Voice actors could be way worse to legends in the field, (Frank Welker, John Dimaggio, Tom Kenny, Billy West, est.), really putting their all in to garner as close to the classic VA experience one can, definitely didn't scrimp + Utilization of minimal budget to create a visual aesthetic, (those background tones are gorgeous, with a rough hand-drawn hues to them), that brings me back to early Hanna-Barbara, but without the constant use of stock footage + Intro that will send you in a nostalgia trip, with top notch background music from musicians who did their homework + Enough to sink your teeth into for long-time fans who are on the pulse, (see episode two for a good jab at the scooby clones) + Great direction of the guest stars, where they have acted before or not. The directors and animators are using them aptly, integrating them into an episode better than half of the recent WB scooby movie plugs

CONS ~~~~~
    • Audio Special effects are missing here and there for emphasis, takes the wind out of some punch lines
    • Some of the aesthetics of older cartoon vibe feel can go a little far, as mention the lip syncing is off. Makes one, when noticing, if its done on purpose or due to budget. But due to the show being more of the on-point with the animations than off, makes me think of a missed point in a last draft. Minor nitpick though
    • Due to the imitation of The New Scooby-Doo Movies rather than Where are You, plot can end up being solved as 'because we must' rather than being able to follow the logical progression of the characters. A weak point, due to scooby doo cartoons being predictable, the joy was being able to follow how the characters can solve the mystery in a logical format, and why I lower it versus other contemporaries in the format.

VERDICT ~~~ 8/10 A great watch for all, a definite watch for those those that miss the older scooby vibe
  • Every single remake of Scooby-Doo whether it's a series or movie just missed the mark. They try to do something new and be something it's not. This series goes back and does things the original and the right way. For this series alone is the reason I subscribe to Boomerang and I will continue to subscribe as long as it's on. It's seriously that good. Finally someone realized if it's not broke, don't fix it.

Fantastic!!!
  • Can't wait for more!! My favorite series was be cool Scooby Doo but not many others felt the same way. It ended way too soon so I'm excited we have this one to look forward to. I'm glad even though they went back to the old style, they all still have cell phones and technology. I love the humor and sarcasm you didn't get in the much older series.

KEEP THEM COMING!! 😊😊😊😊
  • I will watch this because I love Scooby. But I miss be cool scooby doo. The dialogue was not normal scooby but it was refreshing
  • The last Scooby Doo TV show, "Be Cool, Scooby Doo", was poorly received and really lowered the reputation of the SD series, even though I personally think it isn't that bad and most of its flaws stemmed from behind the scenes drama. This show, "Scooby Doo and Guess Who", is a vast improvement over that series and is a great throwback to the classic show.

The show's animation is really crisp and has a vibrant color palette, but it also manages to capture the look and feel of a typical Hanna-Barbera show from the 60s. It even uses classic tactics such as the "wheel o' feet", and uses stock sound effects from the Hanna-Barbera library. It also references other Hanna-Barbera shows such as Magilla Gorilla, Speed Buggy, and the Funky Phantom. Unlike, BCSD, which tried to be comedy-focused, SDAGW focuses more on the story and characters, as well as the guest stars, and restores the characters back to their original personalities.

Speaking of the guest stars, the show usually does a really good job of inserting the stars into the story, and they work well off of the Scooby gang. They all seem like they're having the time of their life. However, sometimes they're underutilized. Like in the Abraham Lincoln episode, where he only appears for a few minutes, and most of the attention is on the Funky Phantom characters. My personal favorite stars that appeared were Wanda Sykes, Wonder Woman, Batman and Weird Al. I definitely recommend their episodes. Ricky Gervais ain't bad either, his dialogue is well-written and he never hesitates to make a snarky remark.

If you miss the classic Scooby Doo, this show is for you. Especially if you like The New Scooby Doo movies which this show is similar to.
  • Mystery Inc. is a tough act to follow, as it is the best in the series since the original. Guess Who is a (reboot? Reimagining?) of The New Scooby-Doo movies from the 70s, so the concept isn't original. Add to that a "softer" drawing style, a brighter palette than Mystery Inc. (the characters were more angular and the colors were darker; the atmosphere was reminiscent of the original Scooby-Doo), and simplified stories (compared to the complex arc of Mystery Inc.), the experience just isn't memorable. It falls alongside other forgettable iterations (What's New?, etc.). That said, this is my opinion as an adult who grew up with the original, The New Scooby-Doo Movies, The Scooby-Doo Show, Scooby and Scrappy, and loved the fresh, serious take of Mystery Inc. so take it with a grain of salt. It seems that after Mystery Inc., they've decided to return to more of a kid friendly format; those who enjoy that will probably rate it higher.
  • After the four Mook movies (starting with Zombie Island), Mystery Incorporated, and even Be Cool, Scooby Doo! fleshed out the characters with more complex motivations and layers of their personalities, this throwback makes them 2-dimensional again, almost caricatures who make their signature exclamations ("Jinkies!" etc.) at every opportunity. It appears to be written for a younger audience than other incarnations of Scooby-Doo of the past two decades. Even the Hex Girls seemed like simpler versions of themselves. Still, it's kind of fun with an appealing look.
  • But dang....so hard to listen to this new voice they're using for Velma. Like nails on a chalkboard. Seriously missing Mindy Cohn. Bri g her back!!
  • Vibes of "the new scooby doo movies" but hope they would increase the playtime to 45 minutes. Otherwise great animation, great voice acting and great mysteries.
  • In my opinion, this is the first reboot since the 90s or even "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" that's worth watching. This show is very well written, and mixes in current pop culture with the same elements that made "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!" as great as it was. After watching one episode, nostalgia kicked in and I was brought back to a carefree time in my life full of Saturday Morning Cartoons, and they joy that the brought me every weekend. If you were a fan of "The New Scooby-Doo Movies", or the franchise as a whole, this show is perfect for everyone.
  • enriquesinghjr4 July 2020
    Amazing
    This is the closest you can get to a revival of the original show, it has added enough modern stuff so that it does not come across as dated but at the same time it has been able to capture a lot of the magic and humor of the very first original Scooby Doo show. I hope this show lasts several seasons.

I still consider Scooby Doo Mystery Inc the best version of anything Scooby related (yes, I like it even more than the original).
  • rivaselmer201019 May 2020
    Wow
    I'm loving the animation and the concept this is really cool to appreciate great art ,old styles and voice acting
  • Feels like the original yet in modern times. Please keep Scooby-Doo alive! Love Love LOVE!
  • Scooby-Doo's 50th anniversary has been a rough one. With the DTV film Curse Of The 13th Ghost getting mixed reviews (with some criticizing it for not being true to the show it was supposed to give closure) and the new DTV, Return To Zombie Island, getting the same results (with some criticizing it for repeating the same mistakes 13th Ghost made), it seems that it may not be a good anniversary for the great dane that has solved mysteries since 1969. However, Scooby-Doo And Guess Who? is the one gem of this rocky anniversary.

With this, Warner Bros. actually brought back the original designs, ditching the horrendous cartoony designs used for Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! (which only lasted for two seasons). What makes this show great is that it revisits the concept done in The New Scooby-Doo Moves: each episode, the Mystery Inc. gang is joined by a special guest to solve the mystery of the episode, which consisted of real-life celebrities from the time like Don Knotts and the Harlem Globetrotter to fictional characters like Batman & Robin and Josie & The Pussycats. However, this show uses more recent stars, like Weird Al Yankovic, Kenan Thompson, and Penn & Teller, to fictional characters like Wonder Woman, Sherlock Holmes and even Steve Urkel.

While the episodes are thirty minutes long, it feels like the Scooby-Doo cartoons back then. The fictional characters are kept in-character (especially Steve Urkel, who is still a nerd and annoying). However, some episodes can be hit-or-miss (like the Wanda Sykes episode, which some people hated because of how Magilla Gorilla was done). But it is a good show that fixes a lot of mistakes done in Be Cool and manages to capture the feel of The New Scooby-Doo movies, even with thirty-minute episodes.
    I've just watch Scooby-Doo and Guess who? Batman! I started watching thinking that this was an old 70's cartoon but the crisp animation on a modern TV made me suspicious. And then Velma pulls out a smart phone. This has all the plotting and style and jokes of the classic old Scooby-doo but brought into the 21st century - and is all the better for it. Plus Kevin Conroy and (spoiler alert) Mark Hamil. Oh and the 60's Batmobile. Great fun. Definitely watching the rest of the series.
  • Well, the animation is better than the last Scooby Doo I saw, which did that thing where they made all the characters look like poorly animated children. And the story is a bit better, than Be Cool, Scooby-Doo! which seemed to not care at all about having a Scooby-Doo theme.

But Scooby-Doo was never really offensive to begin with and it comes across as if it is trying to avoid all humor because humor offends people. So, it's trying to be funny without having a sense of humor at all, and that doesn't really work.

So it's Scooby-Doo trying to be a funny mystery show without showing a sense of humor about things and, as a result, it only parodies the guest stars that have signed up for the show... but in the least offensive way possible.

It's bland Scooby-Doo, and Scooby wasn't exactly Family Guy to begin with.
  • Really digging this new show in the Scooby world. Love the look and feel, with a great premise also. What's not so great? I can barely stand the new god voice for Velma. I mean, in the category of nasally high pitched voices, this one causes ear bleeding. I miss the voice of Mindy Cohn.
  • The first episode of the series seemed rather bland, I can't say it's tone appeared to add anything new to the series which came before, but it merely attempts to combine aspects of them in a way which just didn't appeal to me. The soundtrack came across as annoying often changing in tone and often had the tone change lead nowhere. The Jokes were rather hit and miss with most of them seeming rather repetitive or just downright stupid and the main focus of the episode just appeared to focus more on the special guess than anything else. Even when the gang wrapped up the story by exposing the monster, the explanation they gave for why the monster was super strong made no sense at all. Even after all these thing's, it still has potential though. Because the animation was good along with a couple of other things, But if it doesn't develop throughout the season it could go down as being as bad as Shaggy and Scooby Doo Get a Clue or Stay Cool Scooby Doo.
  • After some recent iterations with questionable quality we have a fairly good cartoon that perfectly balances guest stars with classic one note mysteries.