Reviews (12,001)

• The acting and the pacing of this opening offering just seemed out of sync. Of course, the actors, Burr included, were just getting off the mark. The plot has to do with two guns and a hysterical woman who is apparently being framed. The courtroom stuff is like most of the Mason shows, filled with discoveries where the confident Perry throws Hamilton Burger under the bus.
  • A rock/man wakes in a desert. He obviously needs water, since his water bottle is empty. The Quest is to find water. So he goes and each time he seems close he falls through to a different realm with more sophisticated landscapes. This is gripping, but the ending is so trite. Clever concept.
  • Death can be a touchy subject. As adults we have a tough time. That said, this little film uses little children's ideas about death and then animates them. The drawings are quite simple but the thoughts they express are ones we have all had. Since I am an older man, it was a little hard for me to watch this one.
  • Bob Newhart returns as Professor Proton. Sheldon harasses him at the drug store where he is getting a prescription. But his relentless annoying of the man is a bit hard to take--even for the viewers. He asks Leonard to read a paper he has written and Sheldon gets angry. There is s subplot with Howard and Raj and it is really dull.
  • All the characters get into the act. Sheldon makes a major discovery and is being courted. But there is a big problem with it. Howard sets up a celebration for the anniversary of he and Bernie's first date. Penny wants to do something romantic for Leonard but can't fathom how to do it. There's a lot of sweet stuff here. There's also an interesting thing with Sheldon and Amy at the end.
  • Amy has a project where she will be working near Sheldon's workplace. He shoots his mouth off about seeing someone at work and at home and treats Amy like crap. Jim Parsons is ruthless in his social ineptitude. He blows the whistle on Howard because of a comment he made. Bernadette is furious. Sometimes she is way too much for me.
  • Amy ruins Raiders of the Lost Ark for Sheldon by pointing out a major flaw. He is furious and decides to get revenge. Penny, who is about as foxy as she has ever been, is taking a psychology class and reading Leonard's mother's book which includes all kinds of information about his childhood. This leads to depression and sorrow for him and.......you guessed it. Stuart and Raj put out profiles for online dating which turns out to be boring.
  • I may have not been in the right frame of mind at the time I watched this. It seemed scattered and lacked editing. Still, there are images that are interesting, and the damsel in distress thing has always had some success.
  • Some strange creatures are stuck together at a table and are bored to death. One is extremely cynical and impatient; the other is just stupid--I think. They try to play game but have limited resources. They just complain loudly. One makes suggestions and the other shoots them down. Eventually they resort to shadow puppets, but that requires one of them to have an ounce of knowledge. Great fun.
  • This a pretty marvelous representation of what humans have done to the planet. Overpopulation happens and the human race is by nature, violent and selfish, so these things happen. Evolution has brought us beauty, variety, and color. Since we are the sentient beings and given the opportunity, most take the short road. The film isn't thought provoking--the thought took place long ago.
  • So many short features attempt to deal with the history of personkind. Some are quite remarkable with a tough edge but great creativity. This one has nothing new to offer. Terribly limited in its scope.
  • Based on a poem by James Weldon Johnson and narration by James Earl Jones, this does an outstanding job of presenting the myth of creation. Its colorful brushstrokes take us on a journey through the familiar Genesis story. If I have a criticism, I thought it should have gone a bit farther.
  • The interesting concept of some quite remarkably drawn penguins make the classic story fun. The bold colors and neat images are fun. The story follows everything except there is a flipper instead of a glass slipper. No words are spoken and it doesn't matter.
  • I enjoyed this visually. The faces morphing back and forth, presenting World War II figures, were very nicely done. The problem for me was the frantic, manic voice of the Great Cognito. Enjoy this for the graphics and it will make you happy.
  • Good old Ed Koch. In a nicely one claymation feature, Ed takes us on a pedestrian journey through the Big Apple. We see lots of cool celebrity faces along the way and Ed does the words to New York, New York. Just a few minutes of fun. What more can we ask.
  • I had a friend who would try to act out the plot of movies when playing Charades. We never got any of them. This one cracked me up because of the banter going on. The clues were obvious and the watchers were idiots.
  • William Stieg is a children's book author and illustrator. This isn't any great shakes but has a clever mouse dentist who treats big animals as well as small. But here his compassion could be his undoing. Pretty ordinary animation but a good lesson nevertheless.
  • As two elderly sisters sit looking at a scrapbook, the hearken back to their lives. They were inseparable as children and continued that way for always. But nothing is perfect and there is a jealous romance in the middle which tests their love for each other. The conclusion is worth waiting for. The animation is not attractive, but it works anyway. Academy Award winner and I see why.
  • A little old lady sends a letter to someone and receives a package. In it is an inflatable man whom she inflates with a bicycle pump. For some reason this cracked me up. Perhaps it is the characters' appearances. Not much happens but it is indeed fun.
  • Apparently this won an Oscar. I am a relatively astute movie viewer but I saw nothing very clever or engaging in this film. It features three non-erotic females holding up a temple that is on its last legs. It is tiring task and they have all sorts of roadblocks.
  • I'm not positive of the point. What I know is there is something in that drink that sends the drunken man on a ride on a devil like horse. The animation steals the show because the plot of this short takes a lot of work to figure out.
  • Raj is notorious for bad parties. Here he comes up with a scavenger hunt which brings out the competitive juices in all the characters. Bernadette is a monster. Sheldon slows things down because he has to finish everything. And Amy and Howard go Neil Diamond. The interaction between each of the team members is awesome. Penny is considered a liability but proves to be the glue that holds Sheldon together. Great unpredictability and superb writing.
  • The principle focus here is on the early arrival of Leonard who shacks up with Penny for three days without telling Sheldon. The big guy's feelings are hurt and he lets everyone know it. Of course, he goes beyond the pale. But the funniest is the inadvertent use of estrogen by Howard. Out comes his feminist side and a few moments with Raj are about as funny as anything I've seen on this show. Excellent.
  • This first episode of Season 7 seemed quite weak. Penny and Sheldon's getting together to talk was a real possibility for some good humor. But it proved to be stale. Bernie and Amy at the conference was also weak. Amy's character would not have acted that way. Leonard on the ship also had some real possibilities.
  • I was ready for a rather biased indictment of the South and slavery. But the filmmakers really bent over backward to be as balanced as they could. Remember that the northern states and many of our founding fathers held slaves. The sad thing is that many in the South continue to say it's all in the past; it's history: so leave it alone. Yes, according to law, slavery no longer exists. Then we have the same expressions of hatred. I was particularly impressed with the kids in this documentary who were very forthcoming in their views on both sides of the issue.