Reviews (4,915)

• Virginia Grey stars with Kent Taylor, Jane Adams, and John Litel in "Smooth as Silk" from 1946.

Grey, in an unusual role for her, plays an ambitious actress, Paula Marlowe, who is appearing in a play. However, she's got her eye on a new play being produced by Stephen Elliott (Litel).

Paula's boyfriend, attorney Mark Fenton, is able to get Elliott's loser son (Danny Moore) acquitted of on a manslaughter charge. Elliott promised him that if he could do that, the lead in his next play would belong to Paula. After his son's trial, Elliott says Paula is not right for the role.

Paula gets to work. While pretending to still be engaged to marry Fenton, she goes after Elliott and not only grabs the lead, but wins Elliott's heart as well. Fenton has no idea of any of it until Elliott announces their engagement. Then it's time for Fenton to get to work - setting Paula up for murder.

My knowledge of Virginia Grey is of her as an older actress in films like Portrait in Black, Madame X, All that Heaven Allows, and tons of TV. She does very well in this lead role.

Grey's real-life story is a sad one - the man she loved was killed in the war; after Carole Lombard's death, she was often seen with Clark Gable. However, in 1949, he married someone else. In 1952, when he was divorced, she was devastated when the two didn't pick up again. As a result, she never married.

She did, however, have a very nice career even if she didn't become a huge star. "Smooth as Silk" is a rare opportunity to see her as a young woman and in a lead.
  • Tom Neal was an attractive man with a nice presence; unfortunately, his personal life far outshone his professional. Here he stars in "The Case of the Baby Sitter" from 1947, right out of poverty row. The cast consists of Allen Jenkins, Pamela Blake, and Tom Kennedy.

A Duke and Duchess hire the Ace Detective Agency to babysit their infant while thy go out. Russ Ashton (Neal) wangles an assistant, Harvard (Jenkins) to take over the job.

Unfortunately, this duke and duchess are not royalty, except in the world of jewel thieves. They have the recently-stolen La Paz diamond, and the baby nephew of the "Duchess" (Lola Andre) is a front for what they're really up to. The poor kid's mother thinks he's vacationing in a warm resort climate.

Another group is after the diamond and steal it after doping poor Harvard.

This is a short film, and while it's a pleasant watch, there's hardly enough plot even for 47 minutes. Its appeal is mainly in the fact that it stars bad-boy Neal, who after putting Franchot Tone in the hospital, eventually went to prison for manslaughter after his wife was shot in the head. Eight months after his release, he died.

It's a shame - Neal had Broadway experience and a law degree from Harvard. Hard to believe.
  • Supposedly, get this from IMDb: In 1951 RKO was to start a crime thriller called "The Sins of Sarah Ferry" about a courthouse clerk in Binghamton, NY, who falls herself falling in love with a beautiful liar who's accused of armed robbery and a hit-and-run charge involving a death. This project never materialized because the plot was considered too close to that of Double Indemnity (1944)

Well, gee, that didn't stop PRC studio from doing "Apology for Murder" which is identical to Double Indemnity except that this time, the easily-led murderer, played by Hugh Beaumont, is a newspaper reporter. He's talked into killing the husband of Ann Savage, who else. And his boss, like Edward G. Robinson in Double Indemnity, is hot on the trail of the killer. In this version, a man is convicted and sentenced to death for the murder.

Not much to say - it's a cheap version of the real thing. That Ann Savage was sure something.
  • I've read the reviews here, and I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about. This to me was an ordinary modern noir, filled with a lot of violence as well as some good performances.

I liked the fact that the script fleshed out the characters. The the lead (John Hawkes) is an alcoholic ex-cop mooching off of his sister (Octavia Spencer) and her husband (Anthony Anderson). Deep down they both love him, but he continues to disappoint them.

The end, as someone described, is like a western.

I thought it was okay.
    "Molly's Game" from 2017 is the true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic-qualifying skiier who, after a couple of bad accidents, moves to Los Angeles and starts running underground poker games.

We see Molly (Jessica Chastain) as she works for an awful boss, Dean Keith (Jeremy Strong) for whom she runs underground game and gets tipped by the players. Eventually she starts her own game. An altercation with one of the players (Michael Cera, possibly Toby Maguire in the real story) ruins her game. She leaves Los Angeles and starts over in New York. It's from there that things go downhill.

Once the Feds target her, Molly turns to an attorney (Idris Elba) who doesn't want her case. He winds up admiring Molly's discretion, which costs her a great deal.

This is really a terrific film, carried by the wonderful Jessica Chastain. She's a strong actress who can show vulnerability, and she's impossibly beautiful. The real Molly came from a very accomplished family - her father a psychiatrist, her brother an Olympic and World Cup skiier - and Molly was on track to become a lawyer. Instead, she chooses money, cache, and glamour. As a result, she ends up living an empty and ultimately empty life.

Bloom wanted Chastain to play her, and it was an excellent choice. Chastain was able to play Bloom as the smart, beautiful, attention-getting woman she was, and still is.

Supposedly Leonardo di Caprio was also part of Molly's games. He's the character who has on earphones while playing. Sorkin used real poker players in the film.

This is a story of survival. Molly Bloom learned the hard way, you can look like you have it all and have nothing.
    I'll say the same thing another reviewer said - I don't have a problem with the F bomb if we're going for gritty realism. But every other word? That's just a cheap way to fill up script pages.

I can tell you what "Checkmate" is supposed to be - not that you'll be able to tell until the end quote. It has to do with the fight between good and evil, exemplified by a chess game between a good person (Danny Glover in white) and an evil one (in black).

They are playing for a document called Deed to Eternity. Guess the person who wins gets to live forever. Danny Glover looks like he already has, but I guess he doesn't want the other guy to have it. Apparently the moves they make alter what is going on in the bank. But you'd have to be Einstein to figure that out.

What I just described to you is completely separate from the plot of the movie. Completely. No overlap.

The plot concerns a bank robbery. Inside the bank are a man who has hired a Bible-quoting priest assassin to kill him so his family gets the insurance, a pregnant woman with asthma, and some well-armed robbers.

I'm guessing this was another fight between good and evil because at the end of the film, one of the SWAT team finds out something really strange, and then an 11th-hour miracle occurs somewhere else. So good won that round.

Evil seems to have emerged triumphant, though, since this movie managed to get made.
  • Alan Rickman stars with Bill Pullman, Chris Pine, Miguel Sandoval, Dennis Farina, and Rachel Taylor in "Bottle Shock" from 2008.

Based on a true story, the story concerns a California winery, Chateau Montelena, a vineyard in danger of closing. The owner Jim Barrett (Pullman) is a perfectionist who won't let his dream die; he has three bank loans but he can't afford to buy 10 wine barrels. When his son Bo (Chris Pine) gets money from his mother (also Jim's ex-wife), Jim goes nuts.

Switch to Paris, where a wine expert and store owner Steven Spurrier (Rickman) is persuaded to promote his specialty store by having a blind wine tasting competition between California and French wines. Although Jim doesn't want to participate, Bo feels it's his dad's last chance with their new chardonnay, so he gives the visiting Spurrier two bottles.

Feel good, fun movie really made by the presence of Alan Rickman. It's a lovely story and was a hit at Sundance, but it's Rickman who elevates the film to a higher level. However, all the performances are delightful.

Although this is based on a true story, I'm sure the actual one was more complicated - it's not history, it's just a good film about living your dream.
  • Lloyd Bridges stars with Moira Lister in "The Limping Man" from 1953, also starring Helene Cordet and Bruce Beeby. Rachel Roberts has a tiny role as a bartender.

Bridges is Franklyn Prior an American returning to England six years after the war in the hopes of reconnecting with an actress, Pauline French (Lister), whom he met while he was in the service. While he's in line for customs, he asks the man next to him for a light. The man is then shot dead.

Unfortunately for Prior, the victim also has Pauline French's photo with him, as does Prior, so he becomes a suspect. When he finally meets up with Pauline, it's obvious she's hiding something. It turns out that she was mixed up with this man, the victim, identified as one Kendall Brown, and it didn't end well. An understatement.

Pleasant, derivative film with good performances. I wasn't familiar with the magician assistant-singer-ex-wife of the victim, played by Helen Cordet. She was an interesting talent.
  • "The Missing Juror" is worth seeing since it's an early directorial film of Budd Boetticher, so it has some of his great camerawork. The film stars noir actress Janis Carter, Jim Bannon, George Macready, and Mike Mazurki.

A man is tried and found guilty of murder, and then the jurors start dying. A reporter (Bannon) becomes interested in the case - and in one of the jurors (Carter).

The problem is, if you're old enough and enough of a film fan, you'll have this plot figured out fairly quickly.

My favorite part of this film, I have to admit, were the dictation belts which, thirty-plus years after this movie, I was using.
    Jason Bateman has long been one of my favorite actors. He produces and stars as Marty Byrd in "Ozark," an excellent, scary-as-hell drama with a fabulous cast.

The story concerns the Byrde family (Bateman, Laura Linney, and Sofia Hublitz and Skylar Gaertner as their accidents-waiting-to-happen kids). Byrde and his partner have been laundering money for years for the Mexican cartel.

When it all blows up, Marty Byrd begs for his life and convinces a major domo of the cartel (Esai Morales) that he can move to a resort area in the Ozarks and launder even bigger amounts of money.

Well, as in Breaking Bad, the main characters get in deeper and deeper when Marty and his wife thought they could get out in six months. Right.

They come up against a bizarre cast of characters: the Langmore family, consisting of Ruth (Julia Garner) and her redneck relatives, a gay and marginally insane FBI agent (Jason Butler Harne), a bar owner (Jordana Spiro), the Kansas City mob, and the two most trigger-happy and insane people of all, the Snells (Peter Mullan and Lisa Emery).

Kudos to a fabulous performance by Harris Yulin as Buddy Dieker, a dying man who sells the Byrds their house with the condition that he can live there until he dies, which he promises them will be soon. When it all comes down to it, he's probably the only decent human being in the whole cast.

This show will have you on the edge of your seat, biting your nails, and at one point (near the end of season 1) screaming out loud. Though Breaking Bad was phenomenal, it did not have the gut-wrenching emotional impact of Ozark. But again, it's a story of destructive choices and what they can do to not only to a family but the people around them.

If you liked Breaking Bad, you'll love Ozark.
  • The reviews for "The Current War" make me tired.

This is NOT the story of Nikolas Tesla. This is, in fact, an accurate depiction of Westinghouse vs. Edison and the AC vs. direct current. As far as what I've read, the story, though a dramatization, is a decent telling of this.

Reviews here say oh, Tesla got the short end of the stick. Yes, he did, and the movie certainly indicates this. And by taking the focus off of him, one certainly sees that yes, he was an unsung hero. But the story is about Westinghouse and Edison fighting for AC vs. DC. If you want to do a story about Tesla, make your own movie. This is NOT about the invention of the AC. Hello.

Another criticism of this film is that Edison is shown as a victim. I don't know if that was the intention, but if it was, they missed. I certainly didn't think he was a victim. Yes, there was a great tragedy in his life, but he was pretty darned ruthless when it came to trying to destroy Westinghouse. Ruthless and unfair. He was that way in many of his business dealings, including going up against the Lumiere brothers in the invention of motion pictures.

I thought the film was beautifully photographed, I liked the music, and I thought some of the dialogue was very beautiful and emotional, particularly the monologues of Tesla and Edison. The acting was superb. And to me anyway it was evident that Tesla got the shaft big time. Except that's not the story.

I found The Current War fascinating, and it made me want to learn more about all three men.

One thing that's always been true - it's never the person who thinks of an invention or even invents something -- the star of the show is ALWAYS the person who commercializes it.

To criticize a film because it's not what you think it should be about, frankly, is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous - people who get their history from movies instead of using them as steppingstones to learn more about the actual story. Elisha Gray invented the telephone. So did Antonio Meucci. So did Johann Philipp Reis. While we're at it, why don't we do a film about Joseph Swan and John Wellington Starr and their work on the lightbulb before Edison. They probably all deserve movies, but they don't belong in this film, which is the story of Westinghouse versus Edison.
  • John Sturges was a good and well-known director of westerns. The Capture is one of his lesser films, but is enhanced by the presence of Lew Ayres and Teresa Wright.

The movie starts with an injured Lin Vanner (Ayres) getting some help from a priest (Victor Jory) and telling his story. While looking for a man involved in a payroll robbery, he kills someone he believed was the criminal. The man was injured and unable to hold his arm up to surrender, and then doubt is cast on whether or not he stole the money.

Lin locates the man's wife (Wright) and, as she doesn't know who he is, he takes a job helping her on her farm. He becomes very fond of her and her young son. However, she goes through his things and learns his identity. After a confrontation, she admits it was a bad marriage and he was away most of the time. The two fall in love and marry. Lin then leaves to find out who really stole the payroll and clear her late husband's name.

This was a cut above most of the movies on this large collection I have of public domain noirs and mysteries.
  • An undercover newspaper reporter answers an ad for an acting job and winds up with a swami taking "Sucker Money" in this 1933 film.

Mischa Auer plays the crooked swami, who has a team of people appearing as loved ones to unsuspecting suckers and cheating them out of their money. Then the team grabs the money and runs to another location.

This was a difficult film to follow because the film looked terrible and had bad sound. I assumed the story would focus on the undercover reporter, but he barely had anything to do.

I didn't like the movie.
  • Richard Cromwell and Helen Mack star in a short programmer, "The Wrong Road," from 1937. The film also stars Lionel Atwill.

A man and woman, Jimmy and Ruth (Richard Cromwell/Helen Mack) who apparently don't want to work for a living decide to steal $100,000 from a bank, hide the loot, confess, and when they are released from prison, get the money and lead a happy life.

They don't plan on several things. One is a long sentence - ten years. They manage to get out in two with the insurance man (Atwill) convincing a judge that the two will lead him to the money if they are released. They also hadn't planned on the rules of their parole, one of which is that they can't get married for 8 years.

And, alas, they running into the detective every time they turn around - or a prison mate of Jimmy's who wants to know where the money is.

Then there's the location of the money - another problem.

I have to say I'm not sure what made Richard Cromwell such a big acting find - I thought he was pretty terrible, although cute. I was surprised when I read his biography that listed all the accolades he received.

Okay movie.
  • With Lee J. Cobb coming off of his huge success on Broadway in "Death of a Salesman," producer Jack M. Warner (son of Jack L) hoped he could parlay "The Man Who Cheated HImself" into a hit film. He couldn't.

Cobb plays Ed, a police detective who is having an affair with a married socialite, Lois (Jane Wyman). Her husband has left on a trip, but finding a receipt for a gun, she calls her lover and begs him to come over. She's sure her husband intends to kill her. Meanwhile, she searches desperately for the gun and finds it.

While Ed is with her, Lois' husband breaks into the house, and Lois shoots him dead. Ed takes the body to the airport, where her husband was supposedly headed. Unfortunately, an ambitious young detective is also working on the case and starts asking a lot of questions. The detective is also his brother (John Dall).

This film is of interest because of the presence of Lisa Howard, as Ed's sister-in-law, who became a famous journalist.

The acting was good. Lois was an unusual part for Jane Wyman, known by us boomers for Father Knows Best and for us classic movie fans for her work in Lost Horizon.

Pretty good noir.
  • "A Night of Terror," or "Love from a Stranger" from 1937 is based on an Agatha Christie story. A woman, Carol Howard (Ann Harding) wins a huge amount of money in a lottery. She decides to sublet her apartment and go to Europe, first to claim the money in Paris, and then to sightsee. Her fiance doesn't understand, and is unhappy that after working hard for a good job, they're not going to need his salary. They consequently break up.

A man, Gerald Lovell (Basil Rathbone) comes to see the apartment - it's too short a time for him to sublet, but when she and her friend (Binnie Hale) board the ship for Paris, he's on it. Gerald wines and dines Carol, and they are soon married.

They move into the country, where Gerald exhibits some odd mood swings and secretive behavior, which includes making the basement his sacred place where no one is allowed.

On the night before they're due to leave on a long trip, the relationship boils over.

This is a wonderful psychological drama, with very good acting. One of the posts mentioned that the acting was so over the top as to be absurd. For the times, it was excellent acting. Acting style has changed and become much less theatrical over the years. I think it's important (for me anyway) to appreciate films from the perspective of the times in which they were made. Not all performances from those days survive today's critiques. Rathbone and Harding are both excellent.
  • "The Mandarin Mystery" from 1936 is a pleasant mystery having to do with a rare stamp. It's based on an Ellery Queen book, The Chinese Orange Mystery, but doesn't have much to do with it.

Eddie Quillan is Ellery, a bit of a different approach considering the role was played by Ralph Bellamy, Lee Bowman, George Nader, Jim Hutton, Hugh Marlowe, and Peter Lawford. Quinlan is more like Jimmy Cagney, though he comes off well if you don't know much about the real character of Ellery. The Inspector Queen (Wade Botelor) was what you'd expect from gruff Inspector Queen.

The rare stamp, the Chinese Mandarin , is brought to the states by a woman (Charlotte Henry) in order to sell it. It's worth more than $50,000. For someone carrying around such a precious item, she's pretty careless with it.

This is a hard story to do in a fast b-movie, but Quillan and Botelor move it up a notch.
  • Hedy Lamarr is "The Strange Woman" in this 1946 film also starring Louis Hayward, Hillary Brooke, Alan Napier, and George Sanders.

Hedy plays Jenny, an ambitious child who hates being poor and grows into a beautiful woman who hates it even more. Her father is an abusive drunk, and one night, to escape him, Jenny runs to the home of the richest man in town, Isaiah Poster (Gene Lockhart).

It's decided at a meeting of some of the townsmen that Jenny needs to get married, or else she'll be forced to return to her father. Isaiah has an obvious lust for Jenny and manipulates the conversation so that it's decided he would be the best choice, though he's old for her.

Now rich and the town benefactress, Jenny welcomes home Isaiah's son and her childhood friend (Hayward) and works the situation so that he stays in town, though, attracted to her, he feels it's best if he leaves. Then she meets her friend Meg's boyfriend (Sanders).

Set in Bangor, Maine, the accents are all over the place, though it's a minor concern. The atmosphere is dark and a smacks of being low-budget. Nevertheless, it's an absorbing film with a wonderful performance by Hedy Lamarr in a Scarlett O'Hara-type role.

Lamarr was such a great beauty that she's hardly ever considered a true actress, but she was up to the challenge of this role. With her now well-known intellectual abilities, she was obviously a very remarkable woman.
    I shouldn't post a review as I'm only on Episode 2, but I'm pretty disgusted and probably won't continue to watch this.

I want to say up front that I like Amanda Burton. I just have trouble understanding the characters she's played, from Silent Witness and as Clare here. For some reason, whenever she's in a series, she plays a man magnet and seems to have a new beau in every episode.

In this series, however, this man magnet business is unforgivable. She's playing the head of the Crimes Division at New Scotland Yard, and she sleeps with a recently-released man she put in jail 12 years earlier . There's more - the police under her are trying to discredit her, and have made this guy a suspect in a murder that has occurred since his release.

Now I ask you, how professional is this? And the actor who plays the ex-con, Hugh Bonneville, is considered by the women in the TV show to be hot stuff. I guess I'm just used to the old classic film stars because a man who served 12 years for killing his girlfriend should be pretty easy to resist.

How can anyone believe a woman in her situation would do such a thing? It's ridiculous.
  • James Purefoy plays William Travers, an attorney who is very disturbed by "Injustice" in this 2011 miniseries.

Travers is so disturbed by injustice that when one of clients, Spaull, is found not guilty and laughingly informs Travers that he is, Travers has a complete breakdown. We don't see it; it is alluded to during the show. The Spaull's act was responsible for the death of a small boy, who appears to Travers from time to time. So one has to wonder if he's truly back to normal.

In the meantime, Spraull is found murdered, and an evil detective D.I. Wenborn (Charlie Creed-Miles) is investigating. I have to say that Creed-Miles is either a fabulous actor or the worst human being on earth because I can't remember hating a character as much as I hated this character.

Travers is approached by an old college friend (Nathaniel Parker) who is charged with the murder of a young woman who worked in his office. Travers takes the case, which becomes very complicated.

That's all I'll say. The acting is wonderful from the entire cast, Purefoy and Creed-Miles being standouts.

Highly recommended.
    "Glow Up" is a show about makeup artists competing for a grand prize.

I read one review that said the judges were shallow. Uh, it's about makeup. You really can't get any more shallow than that.

I love makeup and fashion, and I admit to watching competitions that feature them. Having said that, I'm not sure I would have let any of these artists touch me, with the exception of Nikki, Belinda, and Leigh. It was a pretty bizarre-looking group.

I also have to say they were probably the most likable group of contestants I've seen. And they really seemed to care about one another.

For me this wasn't really a makeup competition, except for the episode where they did red carpet makeup for celebrities (it's a British show, so I didn't know who any of them were).

The rest of it really was about face art, and much of that was interesting and effective.

The big complaint from reviews I've read is about the judges and how cruel they were. I didn't find them cruel. Blunt maybe, but it's a tough business. I have to admit I too wondered how the heck Nikki could make the finals after being in the bottom four times. The judges claimed they were judging a body of work, which again begs the question, if that's the case, what was she doing there? She is a talented makeup artist probably for red carpet and glamour makeup, and she's beautiful to boot, but maybe not quite right for this type of competition.

If Netflix brings this back, there's room for improvement in the structure. They added a time penalty for the two bottom people each week, so obviously they hadn't thought the structure of the show through. As a p.s. I could really see Meryl Streep playing the main judge, Val. She would have knocked it out of the park.
  • I was happy to see Miss Fisher again as well as members of the series cast, though several of them weren't in it for long, since the major setting is London. Additionally, Rupert Penry-Jones was in it, and you can't go wrong with him.

The story concerns Phryne being dispatched to Jerusalem to rescue a young girl from imprisonment and return her to her father in London. But the mystery starts there. Curses, emeralds, and a lost tribe make up the elements of this exotic story. Very Indiana Jones.

Essie Davis, as usual, is great as Phryne and looks fabulous. She gets to do a lot of stunts, including going in and out of windows, jumping onto trains, that sort of thing. I loved the scenery and the clothes.

Phryne Fisher fans, I think, will be pleased.
  • After the death of Sidney Toler, Monogram kept going with the Charlie Chan series, and Roland Winters became the third Chan, Warner Oland being the first.

The Charlie I am most familiar with is Toler, with his dry delivery and his annoyance with Jimmy. Oland was much more energetic and cheerful. Both brought something to the role.

"The Chinese Ring" is actually a do-over of a Mr. Wong script, and here, Sen Yung is not Jimmy Chan but Tommy for some reason. Mantan Moreland is on hand as Birmingham.

The story concerns a Chinese princess who comes to the US to purchase planes for her brother's army. She has a one million dollar check to deliver to a ban. Unfortunately, she is murdered by a poison dart that comes through the open window of Charlie Chan's home as she waits for him. She is able to write a partial message before she dies. Amazing that this Chinese woman, in the throes of death, writes in English.

This is an okay entry into the series. Winters is a serious but charming Charlie. Since this is a Wong story, "Tommy" and Birmingham, usually good for some humor, don't have much to do.

Winters made six Chan films in all. The Charlie Chan films are the absolute opposite of politically correct, but they were made in a different time and enjoyable for what they are.
  • I can't help loving Charlie Chan movies, despite the fact that they're as politically incorrect as all get out. People were just not sensitive to certain things then, so for me, it's important to watch a film not with modern eyes, but with the eyes of the time.

This was Sidney Toler's last foray as Charlie Chan, and the last film of the series. Toler was suffering from cancer when he made this movie, and he's to be admired for continuing to work.

Warner Oland, the previous Chan, was more cheerful and energetic, but I love Toler's dry delivery and exasperation with Jimmy.

This is a pretty routine plot - Charlie investigates the deaths of two showgirls in Malibu. Jimmy Chan (Sen Young) and Birmingham (Mantan Moreland) are on the scene. I think Mantan Moreland was supremely talented, and I love him as Birmingham. And I love seeing Sen Yung as Jimmy, since I remember him as an older actor in Bonanza.

There's nothing like the B serials: Chan, Mr. Moto, The Falcon, Sherlock Holmes, Nancy Drew, The Saint, The Lone Wolf, Boston Blackie, The Lone Wolf, Boston Blackie, etc. - all wonderful.
    Kathryn Harrold - who hadn't changed since she was on the show 15+ years previously - is back again as the blind psychiatrist Megan with whom Jim was involved at one time. She later married - someone else. When Jim sees her while he's out, he calls her. She's now divorced with two children. She's having a party for her dad (Richard Kiley) and invites him.

The big attraction here is a wonderful performance by Bryan Cranston as Megan's loser cousin. He is a talent agent who has taken on a Russian actress, failed with her career, and is now sought after by Russian mobsters. Megan is devoted to her cousin, and she at last finds out the reason.

A review I read complained bitterly about the presence of Megan, whom the reviewer felt led Jim on when she appeared on the show before. She did.

Megan is back to her old back and forth with Jim, having sex with him in a cabin and then talking about reconciling with her ex in Atlanta. At the end, we believe she's going to Atlanta and breaks up with Jim. Later, she calls and leaves a message that she's not going to Atlanta after all.

We don't know what happens, but he probably had learned his lesson. Like a lot of psychiatrists, she has issues.