Reviews (2,412)

The Good, The Bad, and the Badass is a full circle episode which replays the 84 movie classic. There is Robby, Johnny, Krees etc all bubbling the Dojo drama which will only be resolved by the All Valley Karate tournament. One problem city council needs to approve the cancelled tournament.. The meeting has a humorous side which balances the episode. The ending is sappy but still watchable. 6 stars.
    Humorous episode! Humorous episode and the Johnny character driven. What works is the quicker with lots of faults Johnny tires create Eagle fang Karate! There is Johnny's style of dating. Funny but flawed. The more serious Laurzzo father and daughter relationship balances out the episode. Well acted and directed Obstaculos is a break for the Karate and a humor break! 7 stars.
    Well I been P V R ing old movies off of Hollywood suite. Well it is said to be a classic, but I had my doubts. My Bloody Valentine the original is actually not bad! What does not work for Valentine is a few over acted scenes, and a low budget which gives a choppy feel; The low budget in other ways help the film. Done on the cheap, instead of special effecter, My Bloody Valentine improvises with a few small town scenes of cooking food off a radiator etc which adds real life few to the horror flick. The characters have a small town feel, the jerk, big easy going guy, the love triangle of confused guy character etc. The writers must of added some real life experiences to the characters and story line, which creates a relatable film. The old bad event of the past, every town has once, spliced into the story creates what the old know, and the young forgot creates a watchable b movie. 6 stars.
    The latest episode has Kresse scheming while Johnny been away. Is there a split in Cobra Kia? Who runs the Dojo? Danial is trying to stop Cobra Kia with assembling a new Dojo. Kind of a rebuild of a new version of the First movie! What works is there is the serious soap opera/professional wrestling side mixed with a humorous side. Johnny is learning about social media, a computer guy teaches a guy stuck in the 80's style humor! A fish out of water humor works well because of Johnny's harsh 80's style hits you with a Corba Kia humorous kick. A more memorable episode, as Johnny tries to impress and old flame! 8 stars.
    A good twist the series was getting old with flat story lines> The Right Path changes direction as Danial has to to Japan, and meets an old foe. There is a re direction plot. What works is the needs to done? What is happening? How will Danial survive? Then we go back to Lawrence helping out the injured student which we followed in interest. The story follows too soap opera ish stroyline. But the Japanese plot twist keep brings new life for the series. 6 stars.
    Now You're Gonna Pay is a filler episode. La Russo's neglect of the car dealership creates business and family problems. More hospital intrigue can Lawrence help his top student aka soap opera style. What is worth watching is we see what happens to some of the original cast of the first movies. Worth watching, but only once.
    Nature vs. Nurture is not a bad episode. La Russo and Lawrence go a P I show looking for Lawrence son. A two opposites crime show. Meanwhile Lawrence star student is in the hospital which give Kobra Kia a soap opera feel. Kresse is in charge of the Dojo. We got here!; a steamy, brewing stew of deception, intrigue and action a good mix for drama. I show ten years form I will say did I actually watch this. But I will enjoy for the now.
    Better than average made for t v movie! Murder by Night was a made for T V moving staring made for T V movie king Robert Urich! Before A M C and H B O most made for t v movie were made on the cheap and quick. Many of the big three, before Fox, A B C, C B S, and N B C's movie were made in Canada. Toronto area, mostly, sometimes Montreal and Vancouver. Well Murder by Night looks like all the above was done. Well there is a hammer killer, Urich has no memory, and a police investigation. The acting is better then average, Ironside (detective) and Urich (Witness) makes Murder by Night better then average. The plot twist is predictable. A romance, and quick side story of a Jeckel and Hide sub story. Murder by Night is better than average. 6 stars.
    Well just another T V movie! The Haunting of Sarah Hardy looks like one of those Canadian made for T V movies. Done on the cheap and fast! Well edited, directed, casted well, but lacks in story. A slow burn in tension but a little too slow too create any tension. Written in soap opera style with deceit and twists as Sarah Hardy is being pushed to the brink. The bottom third picks up the pace and makes The Haunting of Sarah Hardy interesting. Well I like the twists, but not much for the story. My wife like the mystery/ soap opera style story more. Survey says 5 out of 10 stars.
    Student Seduction tries to spice up the teacher/sex angle for a Springer style splash. There is some eye candy for both sides, and a soap opera style fix. Regrettably Student Seduction become another formulated made for T V trying to hit on the female audience play book movie . There is a disturbed student crashes the perfect life of Elizabeth Berkley with an obsession that kills. Rich parents and all the other cliché of t v movies/soap opera story lines. Well acted and directed. My wife was glued to Student Seduction, but I passively watched while on the computer. Student Seduction fails and I give this an F! I give it a three, but my wife says its okay. Watch it with your wife once, but only once. 3 stars.
    Glory of Love is a mix of Saved by the bell meets the Karate Kid! There is an 80's vibe of roller skating on 80's night with Saved by the Bell dating drama. A humorous episode of Johnny Lawrence, stuck in the 80's John is learning about Facebook, dating apts, wifi etc. This time Johnny is the student. More training and family drama which is getting a bit old. I give Glory of Love 6 stars.
    Lull is a bit of a fun episode. We got more training on both sides. Romance and misunderstandings. More un p c humor. Johnny is a likeable un p c character who is a Grandtorno type guy. We see weakness as strength and flaws as strength as the series develop. Not all situations are black and white. What really works. Lull is a good filler episode. 7 stars.
    Age hits us all! Johnny hits it out with the old Kobra Kia and talk about what they thought Kobra should be and what it is. Krease pulls a surprise. We see the rival of the two Dojos and philosophies. LaRusso brings in new recruits and we see a conflict on the arise. Worth watching 7 stars.
    Johnny Lawrence show depth and both side of his character in Fire and Ice as we learned more about the human side of Kruse his mentor. We see not all people are good or evil. Faults with Danial and good in Johnny. Mixed with humor and seriousness Fire and Ice is a good episode.

8 stars.
    John grows his dojo and with some spartan training, and new philosophy. New recruits and and a hard edge as the Kobra Kia go against Danila's dojo. Danial has a special new recruit as history repeats itself there a teacher student relationship which builds. Then there is the sweet high school mixed with 80's crude humor. Actually well acted and executed. 7 stars.
    Not bad. There is some philosophical problems Johnny has with the old teacher. There is a cool fight. Meanwhile, Daniel is working on ways to destroy Kobra Kia. There is the high school dram. And the two teaching of martial arts. Well written, directed for a youtube production. Worth watching. 7 stars.
    Starts out strong but? Melvin is the likable loser who gives a ride to a stranger. The first third is interesting, the car ride, and the problematic life of Melvin. Melvin is impulsive, reckless, an has a dysfunctional gal. The middle is a hog pog of the Springer show. If you are a fan of Jerry you will like this, but me the middle just gives me a headache. The bottom third with the Hughes will is interesting but dumb. Skip this movie. 5 stars.
    Patriots day is a good mix movie! Patriots Day is like one of those factual retro 70's films with out the narrator. There is the beginning, with the character development of the good, the bad and the ugly! Walberg plays the out side the box character. The viewer experiences a tough Boston strong public, and main character. A factual experience of an investigation which involves logic, politics, and probabilities. The ending ends like an actual fact based account. No fictional writer could make up what played out. The real life information unravels smoothly and believably. Patriots Day did not last long in the theater, but I wish I caught it. Worth Netflixing. Well directed, edited, and acted. 8 stars.
    What works well: the beginning an assassin and assassination mix in with the back ground of a character who is a art professor who was an assassin. The Eiger Sanction has the back ground of the famous Eiger mountain and a assassination is sanctioned during the climb. What works is Eastwood's direction. The front part saves the film , but the second half kills The Eiger Sanction. What does not work is beer drinking dialogue. The mounting climbing is great scenes but gets dragged out. There is a 70's version of a woke vibe, the anti system theme, which makes a ridiculous ending. The Eiger Sanction tries to have a surprise 70's ending twist which would be great for a book, but does not translate well for a movie. 6 stars.
    Well aged for an older movie! Directed like a documentary, with great narration. The dialogue was real, and the acting follow a script based on real life. Not a bad movie. Entertaining, but in a curiosity way. The viewer watches the for grounding, planning, and the execution of the Massacre. I like the narration of what happen after the Massacre. Kept me watching. I was entertained. I got educated. People acted like how they were back in that time frame. 7 stars.
    First Man is under rated! Not a great film like the Right Stuff. Not bad either. Maybe there was a need for more razzle dazzle like the Right Stuff, but First Man was more personal. What works was the character mechanics of Armstrong who was cool, cold, engineer who understood flight, mechanics as a test pilot. First Man is about the man, and the children, and the cold life of the astronaut; The best part is when all goes wrong with the capsule but the film is too cold like the lunar surface. Many die but Armstrong says cold. The ending was cold which was maybe the intention, but a cool head was needed to find the right landing site. First Man is under rated worth watching. 6 stars but chilly!
    House of Gucci is worth watching. House of Gucci has the formula for of a true story a historical time line. The early years when the couple was young, a forbidden love, and the Gucci family. The protagonist was quiet and kind, and his wife had passion and drive. Then there was the family dynamic, with a driven wife Lady Ga Ga, who's performance drives the movie like a great running back down the field. The husband changes, and the older dad maybe tried to warn his son of this. The uncle played by Al Pacino is memorable as the stable uncle who understands the family, and there is small warning of things to come with Pacino's acting. Mixed with Italian culture, with late 70's and 80's culture creates a mix of life of a overwhelming back ground experience for the rich. One see how affluence, and greed destroys the soul and one believe in their own phony hype. A cautionary tale. 7 stars.
    Breaking Point is supposed to be set Philadelphia but probably filmed in Montreal which usually substitutes for an American North Eastern city. Bo Stevens is a judo instructor/ ex marine who interrupts and witness a mob beat down. A Jason Stratham type character role. What works is the director creates with music, and camera work a slow burn approach. Canadian John Colicos a great type cast villain performance is memorable. The rest of film has some b list actors, a few choppy scenes which goes with the lower end budget. Some bad acting and a couple b cast actors give a cheesy b film. Breaking Point is another Death Wish 70's style film. A memorable ending and I kind of liked Breaking Point. 7 stars and the joy of reliving my childhood, when mom complain that's too violent turn the movie off time of my life.
    Cold Sweat is watchable but dated. Cold Sweat has a decent story of Bronson portraying a man with a past that the family does not know about. Yes I know Bronson was type casted! Bronson's character was a mercenary and the old crew wants the money from an old job. The family is held as collateral! What works with Cold Sweat is Cold Sweat mix humor as the family tries to look normal to the neighbors, while handling a impossible situation. Regrettably the characters are predictable, which fits into a predictable cliche style ending. The wooden character drive the story down a good story, with a predictable ending. A must watch for any Bronson fan. 6 stars.
    I was reviewing C B C's seeing things un-like Seeing Things Tom Stone had a likeable Jim Rockford character. Tom Stone has flaws, but charm and compassion redeems the flawed Stone. Angel for the Rockford Files was a character, and helped produce Tom Stone and there is taste of the Rockford File. A lead protagonist show with the right actor to portray the con man,/detective Tom Stone. I like the jail work sight bag stunts which is memorable, and Stone always being broke/trouble which drives the detective into the next mystery. Well after a few season Tom Stone gets a little formulated and un believable. Not bad but meeh. 6 stars.