Reviews (5,308)

• Now, I cannot claim to be a fan of "South Park", never have been and never will be. I just never could get into the animation - or lack thereof - and the way everything looks. But when Trey Parker and Matt Stone opted to sit down and do a take on the Covid-19 pandemic, I must admit that I had to watch this 2021 animated movie. So of course I did.

And I have to say that "South Park: Post Covid" is really enjoyable. There is a lot of great observations on the situation of how, when, where and why the Covid-19 has been taking place, how it has been taking place and the effects it have had on people and society. And in the traditional "South Park" approach, Parker and Stone delivers spot on jabs at the whole situations.

Sure, it could be considered tacky and immoral, given the ongoing pandemic. But this was not only fun, but also actually showcased the absurdity of how certain things have played out during Covid-19 and still does. So there are actually great pokes at society and such.

"South Park: Post Covid" is not going to turn me into a "South Park" fan, by no means, but it was actually an enjoyable animated movie and it was done in a way that only Parker and Stone could manage.

So you should definitely sit down to watch "South Park: Post Covid", that much is certain.

I am rating "South Park: Post Covid" a well-deserved six out of ten stars.
  • This 2021 series "Chucky" is such a blast. Especially if you enjoyed the original "Child's Play" movies.

I have to admit that when I stumbled upon this series, then I hadn't actually heard about it being made, so it was a surprise to find this. Needless to say that I had to watch it, as I have seen all of the movies in the franchise and always found the movies enjoyable.

And "Chucky" is a blast. I have to say that. Especially since it is so much in tune with the spirit and the essence of the original movies, and let's just completely forget about that abysmal 2019 remake. And it was such a thrill to have Brad Dourif return to do the voice of Chucky, as there simply can be none other to voice that psychotic murdering doll. And the series also have the likes of Jennifer Tilly, Devon Sawa and Lexa Doig on the cast list, so that was quite nice.

The storyline told in the 2021 series is good, as it is a mixture of the old classics and spruced up with up-to-date contents, for better or worse. I have to say that it is sort of wearing thin that everything that is churned out from Hollywood now needs to please that whole Woke movement. Yeah, even in here, you have teen gay romance. I have nothing against gay, but it just becomes sort of a drag that is has to be forced in to be as politically correct as possible.

Visually then "Chucky" is a joy to watch, as it is every bit as bloody and gruesome as the movies, and has all the wonderful witty banter from Chucky.

I am rating this 2021 series a well-deserved seven out of ten stars.
  • I remember watching the 1994 movie "Stargate" from director Roland Emmerich a couple of times back in my late teenage years, as it was a rather enjoyable movie back then. And I do remember the movie fondly back then, so as I had the chance to revisit the 1994 sci-fi movie here in 2021, of course I did so.

And yeah, "Stargate" is still watchable even now 27 years after, and the effects actually still do hold up, which is something of an accomplishment actually. So yeah, I would definitely say that "Stargate" is a movie that you can still sit down to watch and enjoy.

The storyline is straight forward, and it is the type of movie where you just grab the snacks, lean back and switch off the brain and watch the action on the screen. So writers Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich churned out a wholesome storyline.

"Stargate" was impressive back in the day, especially because of Kurt Russell and James Spader. Sitting down to watch the movie, I noticed that the movie even had French Stewart, Djimon Hounsou and Erick Avari on the cast list, so there were some pretty fair performers on the cast list.

So if you enjoy some light Egyptian inspired themed action movie, then "Stargate" is definitely going to be a blast for you to watch.

My rating of this 1994 movie lands on a six out of ten stars.
  • The reason why I sat down to watch "The Oh In Ohio" from 2006 were because this was a movie that I hadn't already seen, but I can't claim that the synopsis was one that sounded all that interesting. But the movie also had Paul Rudd and Keith David on the cast list, so that was a plus.

And while writers Sarah Bird, Billy Kend and Adam Wierzbianski managed to put together a watchable movie, the storyline told in "The Oh In Ohio" was just a bit too generic and bland for my liking. There simply wasn't enough drive or sass to the movie.

The acting performances in "The Oh In Ohio" were good, but this was by no means a milestone for Paul Rudd. And it was a shame that Keith David only had a minor role to play in the movie. It was fun, though, to see Danny DeVito in the role that he had in "The Oh In Ohio", for sure. And it was also a blast to see Liza Minelli pop up in the movie and in such a role as she did.

Ultimately then "The Oh In Ohio" was a watchable, but a somewhat forgettable movie. Director Billy Kent didn't make a lasting impression on me with this 2006 movie. And while I managed to sit through it, this is hardly a movie that I will ever be returning to watch a second time.

My rating of "The Oh In Ohio" lands on a very bland five out of ten stars.
  • I was a little bit hesitant when I sat down to watch the 2021 horror anthology titled "Horror Noire", as horror anthologies usually tends to be dubious most of the time. But still, as I hadn't already seen this one, I sat down to watch it.

And as I had not even heard about it, I didn't know what to expect, aside from it being a horror anthology.

Well, sure "Horror Noire" was watchable, but the segments were of varied levels of enjoyment and entertainment, much as expected since it is an anthology after all.

The first segment was titled "The Lake" and actually had some potential to it, but ultimately it drowned out in a rubbish ending. A shame really, because this segment was off to a great start.

The second segment was titled "Brand of Evil" and that one was actually my personal favorite of the stories told in "Horror Noire". Why? Well, simply because the storyline was the most interesting and compelling.

Moving on to the third segment, which was titled "Bride Before You". Now this one was interesting and had a great atmosphere to it, perhaps the most atmospheric of all the segments. The build up of tension was good, but I just wish that we were allowed to see what was causing all the noise in the house.

The fourth segment was titled "Fugue State", and while it actually had Tony Todd on the cast list, it was just not an interesting segment. It was actually the least interesting of all the segments.

"Daddy" is the title of the fifth segment, and it was a swing and a miss in terms of entertaining me. The storyline was just not well-constructed and offered little of anything actually.

And finally "Sundown" is the sixth and final segment in "Horror Noire". It was fair enough, as it was nicely paced, but it was just a bit too generic in terms of originality. This segment, however, had Peter Stomare on the cast list, which was a nice touch.

Ultimately then "Horror Noire" was a mediocre horror anthology, and it didn't manage to stand out amidst other horror anthologies. And it is not one that I will be returning to watch a second time.

My rating of "Horror Noire" lands on a five out of ten stars.
  • Wow, who knew that a movie that had both Neal McDonough and Neal McDonough on the cast list could be that bad? Let's not beat around the bush here. "Apex" was an abysmal movie from writers Edward Drake and Corey Large.

The storyline is about a group of hunters that pay to go to a remote island to hunt human prey for sports. Oh wow, how very original. Yeah, it is not like that has been done a hundred times before director Edward Drake got to the helm of "Apex". Right.

Not only was the storyline unoriginal in "Apex", it was also downright boring and bland. And this was by no means up to what you usually expect and get from the likes of Neal McDonough or Bruce Willis. Not even by a long shot.

This movie offered nothing enjoyable or entertaining really throughout the 1 hour and 34 minutes that it trotted on and on for. So making it through to the end, to the insanely predictable and generic end that is, is quite the accomplishment. I managed to do so, but boy was it a struggle.

Even the acting performances in "Apex" were sluggish, and it felt like both Neal McDonough and Bruce Willis were here just to make a quick buck. Their performances were subpar and cringeworthy at times.

You might want to do yourself a favor and stay well clear of "Apex", because it is simply not worth the time, effort or money.

My rating of "Apex" lands on a generous two out of ten stars.
  • Right, well let me just start out by saying that you should not waste your time, money or effort on "Coronavirus Conspiracy", because this movie from writer and director James Sunshine was every bit as tasteless as it was pointless.

This movie was just a swing and a miss, especially since writer and director James Sunshine was treading on a treacherous grounds for even delving into such a project.

The storyline told in "Coronavirus Conspiracy" was boring, pointless and somewhat offensive, especially when you take into consideration the loss that the Corona Virus have left in its wake. So the movie is not something that is fun to watch, not even remotely. Plus the fact that it was poorly written, poorly executed and poor acted just didn't help to sell the product.

Personally, then it is fully and wholly beyond my comprehension why Joseph D. Reitman, John Lehr and Kimberley Crossman even opted to act in the movie. I suppose the persuasion of the allmighty dollar is just too strong for some people.

I didn't even get halfway through "Coronavirus Conspiracy" before I gave up. Partly because the movie was just downright laughably bad and idiotic, but also because there was nothing interesting in it. And let's just be honest, cashing in on a worldwide pandemic is just low.

My rating of "Coronavirus Conspiracy" lands on a one out of ten stars.
  • Well, the premise for this 2021 thriller from writers Peter Daskaloff and Matthew Toronto didn't really seems all that interesting or thrilling. But still, I opted to sit down and watch "Antidote", given the fact that it was a movie that I hadn't already seen.

And while I say watched, well sort of actually. I managed to get almost halfway through this snoozefest of a movie before I had to give up out of sheer and utter boredom. This movie was a swing and a miss if there ever was one. Nothing about the storyline interested me, and the movie just trotted on in a very monotonous pace that offered nothing worthwhile on the screen and just kept adding to the amassing boredom that director Peter Daskaloff was dishing out.

Needless to say that the bland and rather pointless character gallery in the movie didn't help to sell the concept of the movie much either. The characters in the movie were essentially just drones milling about with no discernible personalities or traits to set them apart from one another. And that made for a very dull movie experience.

I was sporting some hope of "Antidote" when I saw that Louis Mandylor was on the cast list. But even he couldn't manage to salvage this train wreck of a movie.

The storyline here was just something that had been seen and done in other similar thrillers, except they managed to pull it off with more conviction and punch, and having a worthwhile and interesting character to support the storyline. That you will not find in "Antidote".

I have zero intensions of returning to watch the rest of "Antidote", because I just simply doesn't care an ounce about the storyline or the characters that ran around like mindless ants in it.

My rating of "Antidote" lands on a generous two out of ten stars, and that is based solely on the production value of the movie.
  • Well, if you enjoyed the 2018 "Venom" movie then you will also like the 2021 "Venom: Let There Be Carnage" from director Andy Serkis.

Now, I am not by any means a particular fan of the Marvel movies. Sure, I watch them because they are entertaining enough for what they are. But it is not something that is important for me to get to watch, as I have little interest in superheroes and such. But given the production scale and CGI of the Marvel movies, of course I watch them for the entertainment.

And "Venom: Let There Be Carnage" was actually a standard run-of-the-mill Marvel movie, with some back and forth in the first two acts, and then a massive CGI showdown third act. I guess the guys at Marvel have one formula that they make movies after.

Writers Kelly Marcel and Tom Hardy put together a movie that was entertaining enough for what it was, and something that felt like it fitted into the Marvel scope of movies. So on that account then "Venom: Let There Be Carnage" was doing well enough. However, if you look at the storyline objectively here, then it was a bit flaccid and lacking in-depth contents. It was essentially just flashy CGI and symbiote fights. And some attempt at sob stories with Brock and Anne.

In terms of characters then "Venom: Let There Be Carnage" felt somewhat lacking. The characters felt one-sided and one-dimensional, with the writers not doing much to let the audience submerge end delve into richly detailed character stories and archs.

Speaking of characters, then the Venom symbiote was the star of the movie, no doubt about it. And it was certainly fun to watch Carnage on the screen. I am not familiar with Carnage as I never read the comic books, but of course I know of the character as I am no strange to the world of comic books. The human characters in the movie felt like they were mostly just fillers. Personally, of the human characters in "Venom: Let There Be Carnage", then I found Mrs. Chen (played by Peggy Lu) and Frances Barrison (played by Naomie Harris) to be the most interesting in this movie.

I found "Venom: Let There Be Carnage" to be as the 2018 movie, watchable for the CGI and the action, but mediocre on the contents in terms of script and storyline. It is hardly a movie that I will be sitting down to watch a second time.

My rating of "Venom: Let There Be Carnage" lands on a bland five out of ten stars.
  • Right, well the title itself should have been enough of a warning not to go without ten feet of this movie. But I do believe in giving a movie a fair chance, so I sat down to watch "Good Boys for Life".

I didn't even manage to get halfway through the ordeal, then I just gave up. The storyline was just complete rubbish, and I couldn't take the movie serious on any level. Sure, it was labeled to be a comedy, but it definitely fell short of providing me with much of any entertaining.

The storyline was just a swing and a miss, and it felt like I was watching something that was written by someone in pre-school. The storyline was just immature and crammed with stereotypes.

Now, what made me give up on the movie, aside from the lack of entertainment, was the excessive usage of the N-word. Yeah, every second sentence had that word in it. So the entire thing just felt dumb and sort of as a parody. Seriously? Does anyone talk like that?

The dialogue in the movie, aside from the constant swearing, was just horrible. The dialogue felt like it was written at random by random people and just tossed into a bowl, with the writer pulling up dialogue randomly.

The acting performances in the movie were wooden and rigid, so there was nothing to write home about here. Needless to say that there wasn't even a single familiar face on the cast list, not even anyone just slightly familiar.

"Good Boys for Life" was a swing and a miss, and I can't recommend you waste your time, money or effort on it. Actually it is amazing that something like this actually manages to get funded and find its way to the screen.

My rating of "Good Boys for Life" lands on a one out of ten stars.
  • When I saw the trailer for "Black Friday", I have to say that I was definitely looking forward to getting to see this movie. And now I just had the chance to watch it. And then how was it?

Well, it was watchable and enjoyable, for sure, but it was hardly a movie with the potential for becoming a holiday special. Nor was it a movie that had the cult makings of "Evil Dead", though there were some resemblances.

What initially drew me to watch "Black Friday" from writer Andy Greskoviak and director Casey Tebo was the fact that the movie had Bruce Campbell, Michael Jai White and Devon Sawa on the cast list. Plus it also seemed like a zombie movie of sorts. Well, sorts I suppose, as they were parasitic infected and not really reanimated dead.

The storyline in "Black Friday", as written by Andy Greskoviak, was a fun storyline. There were some nice moment throughout the course of the movie, I will say that. But as I stated earlier, this is not going to become a classic.

Now, I am not living in the USA, and while we in Denmark have implemented the Black Friday concept, I am sure that it is by no means up to the hectic and insane levels you see happen in USA. So on that account, I couldn't really get into the whole frantic shoppers feel of the movie.

Visually then "Black Friday" was good. The special effects were good and the make-up effects were good, and they definitely added flavor to the movie. So thumbs up to the special effects crew for their accomplishments here.

"Black Friday" does have a good cast list, and it was of course a blast to see Bruce Campbell in the role of Jonathan the store manager. Needless to say that Devon Sawa and Michael Jai White were also good. And I have to admit that it was fun to watch Michael Jai White in a movie such as "Black Friday".

Sure, I was entertained by "Black Friday", and I enjoyed the movie. However, I do doubt that this is a movie that I will return to watch for a second time.

My rating of "Black Friday" lands on a six out of ten stars.
  • With a title such as "Bigfoot, UFOs and Jesus", then I have to say that I was assuming that this movie would be a comedy that proved to have potential. So of course I sat down to watch this 2021 movie from writer DJ Perry.

Now, I had never heard about "Bigfoot, UFOs and Jesus" prior to sitting down to watch it, I will admit that much. But I do believe in giving a movie a fair chance, and if I stumble upon something that I haven't already seen, then chances are high that I am going to find time to watch it.

And while director Jesse Low managed to churn out a semi-entertaining movie with "Bigfoot, UFOs and Jesus", then it just wasn't the type of comedy that I had hoped for, actually not even remotely close to what I had hoped for. Sure, "Bigfoot, UFOs and Jesus" was watchable, but that was about it. That was this movie's problem, it was just watchable and nothing else. So this is a type of movie that you will watch once and never again.

The storyline told in "Bigfoot, UFOs and Jesus" was a bit too slow paced for my liking, and the fact that we follow multiple character's storylines just didn't help improve on the movie, as things were too mundane, slow paced and just never really culminating in anything worthwhile.

I wasn't familiar with a single actor or actress in the movie, and that is something I enjoy in movies. Sadly they had not much solid material to work with in terms of an interesting script, proper characters or riveting dialogue.

My rating of "Bigfoot, UFOs and Jesus" lands on a generous four out of ten stars.
  • Normally I am not overly keen on sci-fi movies, but every now and again I do dabble and sit down to watch one. And so it was with the 2019 sci-fi drama titled "Entangled" (aka "Multiverse"). Well, I should say that it wasn't because it was a sci-fi movie that I opted to sit down to watch this movie, but it was because the movie had Marlee Matlin on the cast list, and it was a movie that I hadn't already seen.

So I gave it a chance. And while writers Doug Taylor and Michael MacKenzie did manage to put together an interesting enough storyline, the movie was just sort of mediocre. You know, the type of movie that you will watch once and never again. "Entangled" was watchable, sure, but it wasn't a movie that in any way impressed or blew me away with its concept.

However, I did find that the storyline was more focused on the teenage drama that took place in the movie than it did with the whole quantum mechanics and multi universes aspects that the storyline sort of started out by presenting.

The acting performances in the movie were good, I just wish that Marlee Matlin had a bigger part in the movie.

Visually then "Entangled" wasn't really working with special effects. But then again the movie didn't really need an impressive display of CGI to deliver its storyline.

I am sure that there are sci-fi buffs out there that will be a kick out of the storyline told in "Entangled".

My rating of director Gaurav Seth's 2019 sci-fi drama lands on a very bland five out of ten stars.
  • All that I knew about the 2021 movie "Hide and Seek" as I sat down to watch it was that the movie was a thriller and that it had Jonathan Rhys Meyers on the cast list.

So I wasn't sure what to expect from writer and director Joel David Moore here with this 2021 thriller. In fact, you could say that I entered the movie with an open slate, so Joel David Moore had every opportunity to entertain and thrill me with his movie.

But ultimately that was not to be. Sure, "Hide and Seek" was watchable, but the storyline was just not particularly convincing or entertaining, and too many things didn't really make much of any sense. So as the movie came to an end, I have to say that I was left with a sense of 'was that truly it?'.

The acting performances in the movie were good, and I have to say that Jonathan Rhys Meyers really carried the movie quite well. Sue Jean Kim put on a good performance as well, just a shame that she wasn't given a more prominent role with more screen time. It was good to see Joe Pantoliano in the movie, though he was not given much of any screen time really.

For a thriller then "Hide and Seek" just didn't really cut it for me. The movie was too generic and held back by a storyline that made little sense a lot of the time. So if you enjoy thrillers, there are far better options readily available out there.

My rating of "Hide and Seek" lands on a very generous four out of ten stars.
  • First of all, I must say that the movie's cover/poster wasn't particularly inspiring or interesting to look at, so I almost skipped out on watching "The Fabulous Filipino Brothers". But I figured that I would sit down to watch this 2021 romantic comedy, as I hadn't already seen it before.

And luckily I did, because "The Fabulous Filipino Brothers" turned out to be a rather enjoyable movie from writers Arianna Basco, Dante Basco, Darion Basco and Dionysio Basco. Talk about keeping it in the family, huh?

The storyline in "The Fabulous Filipino Brothers" follows the lives of four brothers, as played by the four Basco brothers, and it was actually a rather interesting storyline. The writers managed to give each of the characters their own unique storylines and tying everything together in a good way, so the narrative that drove the movie had a natural feel to it.

"The Fabulous Filipino Brothers" has a good cast ensemble, and I will say that the Basco brothers definitely carried the movie quite well. I was a shame, though, that Arianna Basco didn't have a larger role to play in the movie, because she could definitely have spruced things up. And Liza Lapira simply stole the screen with her performance, as she was so well-cast for her role and delivered a spot on performance.

This movie brings a nice insight into Filipino-American culture and what it means to have an Asian heritage.

My rating of director Dante Basco's 2021 movie lands on a seven out of ten stars. I was definitely enjoying this movie and I was entertained from beginning to end.
  • Right, well I do believe that this was my first Welsh movie actually, and to make it a horror movie was even better.

Sure, I hadn't even heard about "The Feast" from writer Roger Williams and director Lee Haven Jones before I sat down to watch it. But I must say that I was convinced to watch this given the movie's synopsis and the rating of 6.1 - in this writing moment - on IMDb. So I figured that the movie could and would be worthwhile watching.

Boy was I wrong. Wow, this movie is insanely slow paced and super boring. I didn't even make it halfway through the ordeal before I had to give up on it as I was dangerously close to falling asleep from sheer and utter boredom. Nothing happened in the movie, and I mean that literally, aside from the audience watching five people mill about randomly in a remote cabin.

The character gallery in the movie was every bit as bland and boring as the landscape that the cabin was placed on. And it didn't help much that writer Roger Williams had given the character ludicrous and boring dialogue. But hey, at least the dialogue matchced the characters.

As for the acting performances in the movie. Well, I can't really say anything here, as the actors and actresses were hindered in performing by having inferior and laughably bad characters and dialogue, as well as having an insanely bland and pointless storyline. I can say, however, that I wasn't familiar with a single face in the movie.

"The Feast" was a major disappointment, no doubt about that. And there is a snowballs chance in Hell of me ever returning to watch the rest of this movie.

My rating of "The Feast" lands on a generous two out of ten stars, and that is based on the cinematography alone.
  • I had the chance to sit down and watch the 2020 thriller "Psycho Sister-In-Law" (aka "Sinister Sister") here in 2021. I hadn't heard about the movie prior to watching, so I only know what I was in for a thriller. But the movie's synopsis actually sounded okay.

Writer and director Jake Helgren did manage to put together a movie that was watchable, no doubt about that. But "Psycho Sister-In-Law" suffers from being a generic thriller. Jake Helgren seemed to simply cash in on all the stereotypical and generic tropes that makes a thriller. So the movie here didn't really differentiate itself from numerous other thrillers similar to it. In fact, it seemed like Jake Helgren was running things on auto-pilot, so it was bit of a stale and bland movie experience.

The storyline told in "Psycho Sister-In-Law" was adequate, although it was generic. And you knew the very outcome of the movie from the moment the movie started, so there was that, yeah, it was that predictable and generic.

The acting performances in the movie were adequate, although there weren't any particular outstanding performances. With that being said, don't get me wrong, because the actors and actresses did good enough jobs, they were just hindered by a generic and predictable script.

Ultimately then "Psycho Sister-In-Law" is a watchable, although rather forgettable thriller. And if you do enjoy thrillers, then it is doubtful that this 2020 movie from writer and director Jake Helgren will impress you much.

My rating of "Psycho Sister-In-Law" lands on a four out of ten stars.
  • Well, the 2021 Thai movie "Game Changer" (aka "Kong Phlik Kem") came and went without stirring much of anything. I stumbled upon the movie by random chance, and I was intrigued by the movie's cover. However, I hadn't even heard about the movie prior to watching it. So I wasn't sure what I should be expecting from director Tiwa Maytaisong.

Turns out that director Tiwa Maytaisong didn't really deliver much of anything worthwhile. The movie was bland, so very, very bland. While it is watchable, it is a movie that didn't really particularly win me over. And I was sitting with a sense of 'what was the point of this storyline' all throughout the course of the movie.

And the character gallery in "Game Changer" wasn't particularly interesting either. I can't claim to have found much of any liking to the characters, so I didn't really submerge myself that much into the movie, especially since the storyline was just so downright mundane.

I can't really categorize "Game Changer" because the movie was all over the place.

I wasn't familiar with the cast that starred in "Game Changer", but they had very little to work with in terms of a proper storyline or interesting characters. So the performances were sort of matching to the rest of the movie, you know, bland.

My rating of "Game Changer" lands on a generous three out of ten stars.
  • I stumbled upon the 1978 comedy "Sweater Girls" here in 2021 by random chance. I have to say that I hadn't even heard about the movie prior to finding it. But I read the synopsis and it sounded like it could actually be a fair enough comedy.

Well, I am sure that what writers Don Jones and Neva Friedenn managed to put together back in 1978 was fairly interesting back then, but it wasn't a movie that particularly impressed me.

Sure, the concept of the movie was interesting enough, but as the movie came to an end, I must admit that I was sitting with a feeling of what was the point of the movie and the club that the girls founded anyway, as they essentially broke the principle rule of the purpose of the club to begin with.

For a comedy then I suppose "Sweater Girls" might have been fun and enjoyable back in 1978, but it seems to have lost some of the flavor with the passing of 43 years. Sure, it was watchable, but I wasn't brought to laughing even once throughout the course of the movie.

The acting performances in "Sweater Girls" were adequate. I wasn't familiar with the people on the cast list, which is usually something I enjoy in movies. But given the whole no-purpose-to-the-storyline then I feel somewhat indifferent towards the acting performances.

I can now check "Sweater Girls" off of my list, and I can honestly say that I hadn't been missing out on anything grand here. And this is not a movie that I will ever be returning to watch a second time.

My rating of "Sweater Girls" lands on a generous four out of ten stars.
  • I sat down to watch the 2021 South Korean TV series titled "Hellbound" (aka "Jiok"), partly because I saw the trailer on Netflix and also because I was told that it was from the guy that made "Train to Busan". So I was gearing up for something spectacular, especially since the trailer was interesting.

And I made it two episodes into the ordeal and then I just gave up. Wow, talk about a swing and a miss. The storyline told in "Hellbound" was just laughably poorly written and had nothing that appealed to me, to be bluntly honest. So this was a major disappointment.

The storyline told in "Hellbound" was just downright boring, especially because nothing particularly interesting happens as you suffer through nearly 50 minutes of excruciating boredom with each episode. And it didn't help one bit that the character gallery in "Hellbound" was generic, flat, boring and had the appeal of watching paint drying on a wall.

Now, I am sure that the concept might have seemed interesting when the creators were penning it out on paper. But the transition from idea and paper to the screen was just bland and anti-climatic.

Visually then "Hellbound" was actually okay. But special effects can only do so little when there is nothing in terms of contents for a storyline or interesting characters.

My rating of "Hellbound" lands on a generous three out of ten stars. And this is not something I will be returning to watch the rest of, since it totally fell short of providing me with anything worthwhile in terms of entertainment or enjoyment. Usually South Korea puts out fairly good movies and TV series, but of course it is utopia to think that everything that comes from South Korea is going to be gold, and "Hellbound" certainly was not gold.
  • I stumbled upon the 2021 documentary "Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes" by random chance. And having spent a lot of time in my late teens and early adult years reading comic books, and having just recently returned to the world of comics, of course I opted to sit down and watch this documentary from directors Xavier Fournier and Frédéric Ralière.

"Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes" does offer a good amount of insight into the world of female-front superhero comic books, so it actually proved to be an entertaining, enjoyable and enlightening documentary. And it is one that I definitely can recommend you watch, especially if you read comic books.

This documentary does get around some of the currently major superhero titles that has females in the lead, as well as covering the classic Wonder Woman character, whom helped start the wave of female-fronted comic books with superheroes.

While "Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes" is a documentary that uses both French and English language, you shouldn't let that scare you or prevent you from sitting down to watch it.

I learned a lot of new stuff as I sat through "Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes", despite the fact I am not reading these particular titles that were covered by the documentary.

My rating of "Le Règne Des Super-Héroïnes" lands on a six out of ten stars.
  • I stumbled upon the 2020 conspiracy theory comedy "The Pizzagate Massacre" (aka "Duncan") here in 2021. And I have to say that I was immediately drawn to the movie's cover. It was just oozing with cheesiness, pardon the pun. And reading the movie's synopsis just helped to win me over and I had to sit down to watch what writer and director John Valley had to offer with "The Pizzagate Massacre".

And it was definitely well worth the time to sit down and watch "The Pizzagate Massacre", because this movie was every bit unique as it was entertaining.

The storyline told in "The Pizzagate Massacre" was enjoyable, and it writer John Valley was definitely good at taking jabs at the importance of media, lizard people stories and conspiracy theories. And it was all done in a very entertaining manner. I have to say that I enjoyed the storyline from beginning to end.

I was not familiar with the cast that they had managed to get together for "The Pizzagate Massacre". And watching a movie with unfamiliar cast members is enjoyable to me, as I don't associate them with previously portrayed characters from other movies. I will say that lead actor Tinus Seaux was just phenomenal in the role of Duncan in this movie.

I found "The Pizzagate Massacre" to be a surprisingly good and entertaining movie, and it is certainly one that I can recommend you watch. This was am movie that snuck in under my radar, but I am very happy that I stumbled upon it and picked it up.

My rating of "The Pizzagate Massacre" lands on a seven out of ten stars.
  • I had the opportunity to sit down and watch the 2021 horror movie "Don't Say Its Name". And I did so without having the slightest clue what the movie was about, aside from it being a horror movie. But it being a horror movie that I hadn't already seen was sufficient to make me want to watch it.

Now, I am not by any means familiar with Inuit folklore or myths, so the whole Wheetago thing was new to me. That being said, then I will also say that writers Rueben Martell and Gerald Wexler actually managed to put together an entertaining enough movie.

But while "Don't Say Its Name" wasn't a milestone in horror cinema, not even by a longshot, then it was actually an entertaining enough movie for what it turned out to be. And I do believe that this was my very first Inuit horror movie ever seen.

The acting performances in "Don't Say Its Name" were good. And I wasn't familiar with a single actress or actor that were in the movie, and that is something that I enjoy in movies.

Visually then "Don't Say Its Name" was actually surprisingly good. They definitely managed to put together the visual CGI effects well enough and that certainly added a lot to the movie.

"Don't Say Its Name" was a nice surprise, though hardly a movie that I will return to watch a second time. Nor is it movie that I would recommend horror fans to rush out to get their hands on.

Watchable, although not an outstanding movie. My rating of "Don't Say Its Name" lands on a five out of ten stars.
  • Right, well the synopsis for the 2021 movie "The Card Counter" wasn't exactly one that had me worked up. But still, the movie had Oscar Isaac in the lead, and it was a movie that I hadn't already seen, so of course I opted to sit down and watch writer and director Paul Schrader's movie.

For me, then "The Card Counter" just didn't cut it. The storyline was just too monotonous and didn't really offer anything interesting or thrilling to watch. And the pacing of the narrative was just too slow paced. So "The Card Counter" was somewhat of an ordeal to sit through.

The acting performances in the movie were fair, though you don't really get to see a whole lot other than people sitting around talking in a bar or sitting at a card table. And that was essentially it. But Oscar Isaac, Tiffany Haddish and Tye Sheridan managed to pull through fair enough. It was nice to see Willem Dafoe in the movie, though he was not given as much screen time as he deserved.

"The Card Counter" came and went without leaving me with a lasting impression. I am sure that there is an audience out there somewhere, given the popularity card games have.

Writer and director Paul Schrader seemed to try to set the stage for various things, but to me it felt like nothing was accomplished, and there were no satisfactory feeling to the culmination of the movie. So it was sort of anti-climatic.

My rating of "The Card Counter" lands on a generous four out of ten stars.
  • I had watched the "Envy" movie in this series of Lifetime movies not too long ago, and had the chance to sit down to watch "Seven Deadly Sins: Lust", and with nothing better to do, I opted to watch it.

This movie was sort of bland, especially because the storyline just had a somewhat laughable disposition to it. So it was a little bit difficult to get submerged into the storyline and take it all that serious. But I did manage to watch the movie, though I dozed off towards the ending of the movie. Yeah, the movie was that slow paced and monotonous.

The acting performances in "Seven Deadly Sins: Lust" were actually fair enough, despite the fact that the actors and actresses didn't really have that much of a solid script and storyline to work with.

In comparison to the "Envy" movie then "Seven Deadly Sins: Lust" was just subpar. I am sure that there is an audience out there for a movie such as this. I just wasn't particularly entertained by what I saw.

My rating of "Seven Deadly Sins: Lust" from director Star Victoria lands on a generous four out of ten stars.