Reviews (2,305)

• If you like adventure movies like Indiana Jones, Romancing The Stone, Jewel Of The Nile, Jumanji and others in this genre you can't go wrong with Jungle Cruise. It's the same entertainment, a bit over the top, not always making sense, but that's hardly the point with these kind of movies. It's just a bit of fun. To me it's very relaxing to watch these kind of popcorn movies. The Rock or Dwayne Johnson might not be the greatest actor but I think he fits in this genre. He's okay to watch in non serious movies. Emily Blunt did a good job as well as did the rest of the cast. The CGI's were more than decent, they clearly had a big budget for these parts in the movie. Jungle Cruise is perfect to watch as a family movie or if you're just a big fan of easy adventure.
  • I was only twelve the first time I watched Spetters. For that time it was a bit hardcore but at that age that was the kind of movies that made you fantasize. I remember liking this movie from Paul Verhoeven. Now so many years later after rewatching it I can see the story isn't that perfect but it's still a bit shocking for some people. Paul Verhoeven got a lot of critic for this movie. After Turks Fruit and Keetje Tippel, Spetters was the movie too much that made him go to America. I get it that some people got offended by it, even in an "open" country like The Netherlands. Storywise it's enjoyable to watch even though it's not all perfect. The graphic secnes might have been borderline scandalous for that time but they don't bother me at all. It's just cinema. The cast consists out of well known actors in The Netherlands. They all did a good job playing their characters. For 1980 this wasn't a bad movie, for 2021 maybe it's a bit lesser good.
  • I'm surprised so many people liked this movie. It's just really badly written with many scenes that don't make any sense at all. I caught myself thinking "Yeah right..." every ten minutes, that's how dumb some scenes were. But the acting was decent, didn't except anything else from this cast to be honest. It's just the story that is dumb, even if it's a movie that you can't take too serious. On a side note I think Angelina Jolie should eat some sandwiches. She looks horrible, skin over bones. At one point she said she's not skinny, but she's lean. Those lines alone in this movie resumed her mentality perfectly. She's not lean, she's anorexic and should do something about that. She has hands of an eighty year old woman. What a shame for a woman that once looked good. That said Those Who Wished Me Dead is an annoying action movie, a popcorn movie, but not a good one.
  • Sweet Girl is the kind of action movie where not everything makes sense, where there are a lot of moments you think "Yeah, right...", but in the end it's entertaining enough to keep your attention. I didn't see the twist coming towards the end, so that was a bonus. But do I need to watch it again in the future? Certainly not. For that it's just not good enough, plus I thought the acting of Isabela Merced was sometimes not very convincing. Jason Momoa on the other hand was convincing but it's just not Oscar material. I don't regret watching it though, sometimes I like to watch mindless popcorn movies and Sweet Girl just fits in that category.
  • La Nuée (or The Swarm for the English title) is certainly not bad but it could have been better. I thought there were some different unexploited options that could have made this movie much better but overal it's worth a watch. The whole cast did a good job playing their characters, so no bad acting here. Like always I would watch this movie in its original language, French that is. Dubbed movies always lose from their authenticity, but that's only my opinion.
  • Summerland is an easy to watch enjoyable movie. Nothing too difficult, just a simple story with a good outcome. The kind of movie where the characters get your attention and compassion. Gemma Arterton did a good job playing her character and as for the kids, Lucas Bond and Dixie Egerickx certainly were not annoying to watch. They all delivered here which is not always obvious with child actors. The story is well written, not a fast pace but certainly interesting to watch and the ending was a bit surprising but in a good way. Definitely worth a watch.
  • I think it's time for Clint Eastwood to enjoy his last years on earth in all tranquility and leave cinema forever. I love Clint Eastwood, as an actor and even more as a producer but Cry Macho is maybe the movie too much. The whole thing is too slow, kinda boring to be honest, and with actors that were not that great. I'm thinking about that kid played by Eduardo Minett which annoying to listen to, and the woman playing Martha wasn't that great either. The cinematography was good on the other hand, but that's not good enough to make Cry Macho standing out. We're used of much better from Clint Eastwood. It's time for him to take a step back.
  • Vicious Fun, that's exactly what this movie was, so the title couldn't be more perfect. The cast was very well chosen for playing the different characters. My favorite characters in Vicious Fun were played brilliantly by Evan Marsh and Ari Millen. Evan Marsh was the funniest one in my opinion. The story is a bit weird, but the good kind of weird. Nice slashing scenes as well, so if you're looking for a bit of fun and slashing you can't go wrong with this movie.
  • For some reason when I saw John Cena's name appearing I wasn't too excited about watching this movie. Wrestling characters are to me, fake and very annoying to watch but I have to give it to him as I thought he was very funny as an actor. As was the rest of the cast in Vacation Friends. I laughed a lot with this comedy and I wasn't even baked so maybe the next time I'll rewatch this little gem I will get stoned first to have the ultimate experience. The story is simple, easy to follow, and has some really good moments of comedy. Maybe it's not for everyone but that's always the case with comedies as everybody has a different taste of humor. In my case, Vacation Friends is just the right kind of humor that I needed and enjoyed.
  • After reading some negative reviews on here I wasn't expecting too much from this movie but after watching it I can only conclude that I was entertained for the entire duration of The Toll. It has a good mystery level that keeps you focussed, the horror parts are mild but certainly creepy enough to be good, and the acting wasn't bad at all and that from the whole, very small, cast. There are some things that don't make much sense, just small details you shouldn't pay too much attention to, instead just enjoy a story that wasn't bad at all even though some people here seems to hate it. My wife and I were entertained and that's not always the case with this genre of movies.
  • I never expect too much from a slasher as it's not the most succesful genre but in this case it was a pleasant surprise. I didn't see the original movie from 1976 so I can't compare both of them but this version was certainly good enough to keep me entertained. The acting wasn't bad at all at that from the whole cast. There was a fair amount of decent slashing scenes, all done very professionaly and the mystery keeps you guessing till the end. A good movie for this genre.
  • You gotta give it to James Wan. When it's about horror movies he knows how to do it. Malignant is another good horror movie on his palmares. I like his style of movie making. Whether you like this kind of movies or not it always will get the attention of the audience. Malignant is highly entertaining if you're into horror movies. The cast did a good job playing their characters. The story is refreshing, well written and has a decent amount of jump scares and good horror scenes. Looking forward to watch his next movie, to see with what he's coming up this time.
  • Another highly overrated movie about a kid coming out of the closet. It's all been done before and better. The whole story is boring from beginning till the end. I don't know who rates this kind of movies with such a high score. It's a mystery to me. I have absolutely nothing against gays, I couldn't care less. The acting wasn't bad, the story was. Being gay in these modern times is something nobody cares about so making another movie about this is just boring to watch. I'm curious when somebody is going to have the bad idea of making a movie about non binary people, the new modern freaks that is. I can't wait to not watch that movie to be honest, like I should have done with this one.
  • Compared to American Horror Story this one is pretty mediocre. There are only a couple stories that were worth a watch but nothing really mesmerizing. The other episodes were borderline boring and sometimes childish. I would have prefered another complete season of AHS than this one to be honest. Most of the actors were okay, but not all of them. The horror wasn't what I expected it to be, pretty lame in certain stories. I guess I will watch another season if there's one, just to see if it gets better but if it isn't then it will be over for me.
  • Wrong is a strange movie, that's the least you can say about it. Nothing really makes sense in this movie and normally that's the ultimate letdown for me. But strangely it kept my attention till the end. I guess the dog did it, because I have a weak spot for dog movies, always hoping for a good ending. My wife on the other hand hated this movie, which I understand, as I wasn't a huge fan either. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the very positive reviews for this one, that is if you like your movies to be normal. Nothing is 'normal' in wrong, and I wonder why they did that. It wasn't really funny either. That Eric Judor had a role in this movie doesn't surprise me, he's known for playing in dumb movies, so no exceptions here. The acting and cinematography wasn't bad, the story was though. Bizarrely I rate this movie four stars, must have been the short appearance of the dog.
  • I'm normally not really a big fan of comedy slams as it looks like lesser popular comedians have to bring their show in a very short time and so most of the time it's just not of the same quality as a complete show from just one comedian, but in this case none of this was true. The five different comedians all did a good job in the short amount of time they had. It was funny all the way, with some really good passages. The only negative point I could find about this show is that there is too much focus on the audience. Nobody cares to watch somebody laughing in the audience, we just want to see the comedian. The audience was just also a bit too loud at moments. I mean by that people interupting the show, willingly or not, it's just a thing you don't do if you're well educated. I guess some people can't stand it not to be the center of attention all the time in their life. Other than that this comedy slam was just a good time of entertainment with comedians I will look out for to just watch their own full hour stand-up comedy.
  • The ratings Beautiful Creatures gets on IMDb are a bit low in my opinion. It deserves a higher rating. The movie is entertaining from beginning till the end. The acting is more than decent and that from the whole crew. The humor is okay if you like that kind of humor. I was not rolling over from laughing but it was good enough. If you're just looking for an easy movie to watch, something to just lay back and relax then Beautiful Creatures will do the job.
  • In my previous review I wrote it was a long time since I watched a real stinker. I guess I managed to watch two stinkers in a row after watching Bees Make Honey. This one is just a very boring and dull movie. Some people found it hilarious. I guess I have another definition of hilarious. I didn't laugh once for the simple reason that it's just not funny. The acting wasn't bad if you don't mind watching something that looks like a play. They tried all kind of different camera techniques which didn't work at all. Sometimes trying to be clever has the opposite effect, like in this case. It's just not the right kind of story for these techniques. The sound was also not great, going from normal volume to way too silent, bad editing if you ask me. If you like boring movies where almost nothing happens, where the dialogues sound like they speak another language than ours, where they're going on and on about things you could have resolved in two seconds, then be my guest and watch this. But if you look for quality then just skip this one.
  • I've been lucky lately as it was a while since I watched a real stinker but luck never lasts forever. Bethany is in the category of movies I wished I never watched. There's not much positive to write about this movie, I can't think of anything actually. Everything was bad, the story, the actors, the special effects, the cinematography, even the soundtrack and sound effects, everything was mediocre. First rule to make an interesting horror movie, have a good soundtrack and avoid all that lame slow piano music. I don't get it that directors still don't get that. They all look like amateurs when using that highly irritating and numbing sound. Bethany is a movie I can't unwatch but I will for sure forget everything about it in the future. In fact, I already did, that's how bad it was.
  • Being oldschool and retro gamer I watched this documentary with much attention. It brought back some distant memories, an era that probably never will come back. Pinball is a dying form of entertainment and it's a shame. The older generation remembers spending hours if not days in the local arcade to play the pinball machines. I lived in Belgium and when I entered a pub the first thing I checked was if there was a pinball or an arcade game. If there wasn't I wouldn't stay very long in that pub. Special When Lit brings back that feeling of nostalgia. Beating the high score was the main goal. When you were a pinball wizard (which I was in my humble opinion) you had everybody's attention (well the local youth that is) once you controlled the machine. The documentary is well made and enjoyable to watch. Maybe not for people that didn't lived in that era. Personally I wouldn't have paid that much attention to some players as the majority looked like there was something off with them. More attention to the playfields and the machine itself would have been better but still it's a good documentary. Made me wish I still owned pinball machines. Unfortunately I don't have the room for it anymore, nor the finances. The Addams Family from Bally was my all time favorite so maybe one day I will buy that one again. It shouldn't be too difficult to find as it was mass produced due to it's overwhelming succes. A bit of history about the most famous pinball machines would have been welcome as well. It's a shame Gottlieb, Bally, Williams and Zaccaria don't make pinballs anymore. Those had the most popular machines made. Luckily there's Stern now, which still makes unbelievable cool machines, but let's face it, the youth isn't interested in this kind of entertainment anymore, and that clearly showed in Special When Lit. It's a shame but that's life, pinball is dying but I'm glad I was part of that generation.
  • Bosch is one of those detective series you get hooked on. A lot of people will be sad to see this one ending. Seven seasons might seem long but every season has new cases and so it doesn't feel repetitive. It could have been going on for much more seasons if you ask me as the quality of the seasons remained equal. I have to say it's not the easiest show to follow. For that there is sometimes too much going on, which is not necessarily a bad thing but you have to be very attentive all the time. Also the use of slang and police lingo isn't always the easiest thing to understand if you're not familiar with it. That said Bosch is just quality. The cast is just perfect, all actors are very believable in their roles, the stories are addictive to follow, so yes I'm sad Bosch is finished. I guess they stopped because of the so-called pandemic, I can't see no other reason, as this show was always entertaining, even in the end.
  • I postponed watching this movie for a long time just because of the extremely negative reviews it got on here. I shouldn't have though. I was expecting the worst but after watching The Midnight Sky I can only conclude I was entertained for almost the entire movie. I agree there are a couple unnecessary scenes but overal the rest wasn't bad at all. Okay it's not George Clooney's best movie but it's watchable. The movie got nominated at the Oscars for Best Achievement in Visual Effects. It didn't win, and even though the visual effects were good, there was still better than this one for this year. I can only say you shouldn't pay too much attention to the reviews rating it the lowest possible. Those are from people that watch five to ten movies per year. Take it from somebody that watched thousands of movies, there are uncountable worse movies than this one.
  • It's not the easiest subject for a movie. Watching a pedophile's life can be disturbing, even if it's never really graphic it still remains disgusting. Michael could be anybody you know, living his twisted life like it's the most normal thing to do. It could be your friend, your neighbour, who knows? The movie is well made, very slow paced, with not much dialogue, but that just adds to understand the sick mind of the protagonist. The small cast did a good job playing their characters, all unknown actors to me, but not bad. As a thriller there are better movies with a pedophile as subject. In the case of Michael I would just categorize it as a drama, a sick drama. I don't know where people see this movie as trying to understand a pedophile. I for sure didn't watch it like that. The only emotion I had whilst watching this movie was something like beating the living hell out of Michael.
  • Les Grandes Vacances isn't the best movie with Louis de Funès but it's a movie with Louis de Funès so per definition it's always worth a watch. He plays the usual very nervous but convincing madman, a role that suits him so good. Every movie with him is like watching a one-man-show. Remove Louis de Funès from this movie and you just have a bleak story nobody is interested in, but with the best comedian France has ever produced it's just different. I rewatched this movie just to enjoy his gimmicks and facial expressions, like most people do.
  • I can't say I fit the profile for the right audience for this movie. My wife liked it more than me. Maybe it's her mother instinct, which I doubt as she has none and she's definitely not really into kids. I'm for sure not, I don't like kids, so watching a movie about raising one is just not my idea of fun. Fun, I thought it would be, because of Kevin Hart, a comedian that I can appreciate and that makes me laugh but in this case there's just not much comedy to it. Instead you get a very cliché story, the kind where you know exactly what is going to happen next and that's again not my idea of fun when watching a movie. I guess the people that scored this with the maximum ten stars (that's just crazy in my humble opinion) are the people that find it all cute, and that liked seeing Kevin Hart playing a more dramatical part. There was definitely too much drama, too much fuzz about basically nothing. I thought it was boring, certainly the second part. It's all much too cheesy to be entertaining. The movie was at least an hour too long. I was really waiting for the end to come with impatience this time.