Reviews (301)

• Diabolical, frightening and bizarre are words that can sum up the way this film plays out. A foreign subtitle film that was an easily watchable and enjoyable thriller. Hollywood hasn't produced anything remotely close to this kinda good in a very long time. And the ending surprisingly nailed it. A very decent watch.
  • Arnold's 20th version was good and Sherwood's 21st century version was just as good. Of course the the 96 version had a name brand cast but this 2022 version makes up for the name brand casting with good acting and diversity especially with Belcher who played the black role of James Caan from the first one. To compare the reboot to the original is nonsensical. Both are good for their centuries. Don't go by the negative reviews, this was solid popcorn.
  • Shout outs to Christina Ricci, I haven't seen her in lead role in quite some time. But I gotta say Monstrous was a you think the story is going somewhere but then it becomes a made no sense monstrosity. I mean I totally get the story premise but the execution was convulted and fell flat. Ricci did her best but lousy scripts only hurt good actors rep. Watch with low expectations so you won't be disappointed with the ending.
  • After reading all the negative reviews, I decided that I wasn't going to even bother to watch this film but knowing the history of how reviewers will say a good film is horrible and a bad film great, I decided to download and watch anyway. And once again negative reviews have it got wrong about a good weekend popcorn film. A cliché shoot em up bang bang, with Mel Gibson as sinister minister and Jason Isaac and Dylan McDermott as fall guys. Definitely a good one time watch. Negative reviews calling this film terrible got it way wrong. This was good popcorn.
  • Was the film watchable? Yes. Enjoyable? Yes. How about the storyline? Well, it could've been way more substantive and less frivolous. For example, Braveheart was a tale of love, revenge and the fight for justice and liberty. And it was executed brilliantly, where as The Northman was a tale of a young prince's revenge for his father's murder but executed haphazardly and a bit convulted with a small hint of Conan the Babarian, (which also was executed brilliantly for an 80s tale) Northman is somewhat a brutal film but not much on story. I so do wish Nicole Kidman had more of the lead role as the evil queen because she plays fiendish o so well.
  • Michelle Monaghan is an awful lead actress and the others were just as bad. This was poorly written and executed ridiculously. A definite not recommend but if you decide to stumble across, go in with very low expectations because that's where they will remain.
  • You have a mother who's torn with grief about the loss of her son that creates a whole new life in her world of pain, with some very elaborate details, some of which that doesn't fit her narrative leaving you somewhat bewildered. But in her coming to grips with her "reality" the story only reveals that she is far worse than just a grieving mother. By no means is this a horror but a story about a mother who suffers with delusions of grief grandeur. The story's premise falls into the category of that of The Sixth Sense where nothing is what it appears to be. Overall a one time watch.
  • Same ole same ole story of bad guys being used a by a so called good guy who just so happens to be just another bad who sets them up and frames them for a crime they didn't commit and in the end, the bad guys redeem themselves and are hailed as the true good guys yada yada yada. Whether animated or film, the story premise is predictable and cliche but a solid one time family been there and done that watch. Hey Hollywood....it's time for some fresh material. Enough of this recycling.....😴😴😴
  • Fantastic score, good little cast with a well executed story. But the score and mother daughter band makeup was just so good I couldn't help think of how good a witchcraft heavy metal music video this seemed but a decent witchcraft story. Highly recommended.
  • A decent cast, a meh story that too long to make the point but a solid one time watch that I was glad to see a casting of straight black men with black wives, and absolutely no woke garbage at all. The film easily falls into the category of a Lifetime movie with an all black cast.
  • Omg the editing on this one was horrendous. The story flow was so uneven, unbalanced and all over the place. I so love Lena Headley but man this was an absolute clunker. What's even more ridiculous was Sam Worthington's awful western accent. In one scene he's talks like a westerner, the next scene, the accent is gone...LMBO. You are gonna have a rough time making of sense of this film, I kid you not. I barely got thru it.....hard ass pass.
  • A gazillion close up shots of Cuthbert a little boy with a nice haircut, a rebellious daughter who had five minutes in the entire film and a clueless dad, did nothing for this super meh long and drawn out story. This film was dreary, lackluster and melodramatic. Watch with the volume down, with subtitles on and turn on some music and you will still be able to follow the story. And all of those nonsensical close up shots on Cuthbert's face only proved that she is old.
  • Watch the trailer and you've seen it all. A complete waste of camera time on a bunch of lousy z list foreign actors. Do not and I repeat, do not waste one minute on this ridiculous nonsense called Hillwalkers because it will have you sleepwalking in not time.
  • Because I stopped doing theater years ago, the way I gauge a film is by whether or not it's worth the price of movie ticket. And I gotta say the Contractor was definitely worth the price of a ticket. Chris Pines delivers on a very predictable covert op mission that goes south and the obvious betrayals unfold story that was done proper with him as lead and supporting roles including Ben Foster, along with brief cameos of Keifer Sutherland. Judging from the reviews, I'm really not sure what anyone seen because what I saw was decent. A solid one time watch thriller.
  • Believe all the negative reviews about this lame flick because they got it spot on. This movie sucked major ass all the way thru. From lousy acting to bad story telling to terrible scene dialogs, this was just awful. The mother and the daughter in law, aka wanna be sexy killer did the most atrocious acting out of everyone else. And the ending was simply ridiculous. Who's behind producing all of these garbage films coming out lately? 2022 film studios need to stop this nonsense......Ugh!
  • You have a seventeen year (lousy acting Sophie Turner) old who falls for an older war vet with PTSD and she brings him home to her family and her father is played by Ray Liotta who thinks he's still playing a role in Goodfellas...lol. You have a hooker who sleeps and falls in so called love with the war vet as well and a male friend of Sophie's who is jealous of him, wanting him dead. That is the story. This was one of those films that didn't make any sense whatsoever with an ending that was utterly and unequivocally, one of the worst that I seen in a very long time, I kid you not. Kudos to the exec producers for making it possible for everyone to get a paycheck from this trash.
  • This would fall under the category of a lifetime horror movie because it has all the ingredients of a bunch of nobody barely can act white actors with a small budget. A one time nothing to write home about Bethany Joy Lenz production watch.
  • Another save the world from disaster film with some really ridiculous scenes and dreadful acting. Halle Berry, Patrick Wilson and the guy from GOT were okish but anyone who played their roles, the film would've been just as meh. This was was barely ok popcorn. A one time watch never to be revisited again.
  • First off, big ups to Regina Hall finally playing a serious lead role I always knew she was built for. A slow burn thriller with a twist about the dangers of racism that does tend to plaque the higher learning schools from a character you least expect. Slow but effective and in the end, you walk away not angererd but enlightening. A solid one time watch.
  • As a married man of more than two decades, I can safely that there is no well in heaven or hell that married couples like the ones in this film even exist and if they did, that is some real sick and disturbing crap they practice. So you have a live with her current husband wife who has open sexual relationships by going from men to men to men for no real purpose, for them to only end up dead while she provides her husband fellatio afterwards? Again I'm married man so for me this was a real (are you kidding me?) type film. That type of bizarre mess in a marriage is just unheard of. The acting was spot on by everyone, I did especially loved the role of the clever little daughter. Not too much or to little of her character made her shine. But as far as the story goes, and from a married man point of view, the story was totally unbelievable but a watchable bizarre one time watch.
  • I could tell by that awful rock music score just how lousy this film would've been but I couldn't even get thru the first scene. Right off the cast around Mel Gibson looked amateurish and never I've been a fan of Cole Hauser to begin with. So I proceeded to turn off my video player and delete the film from my video library.... Hard ass pass!.
  • Talk about slow, drawn out and extremely boring. It took 1hr 17mins for me to understand what the hell this movie was even about. My interest in watching was because of Hugo Weaving and he barely had any camera time. If you need something to put you to sleep with a decent score, then watch Expire. Your eyes will "expire" in no time.....sheesh louise.
  • A predictable period film about greedy white men whos lands are now put under a curse by a gypsy woman, before they buried her alive for killing and stealing her people's land. By far one of the most slow, boring and dull films with a very ridiculous ending I've seen in horror films in a while because I've stopped watching horrorble films a long time ago. Please don't believe the hype, this film was meh.
  • The eps are way too long. A 1/2 hr is all that's needed to cut down on all that nonsensical banter from a bunch of lousy actors, especially from that annoying little boy and the daughter. Show drags on and on which kills all the suspense. Get to the damn point already. Bad enough the acting is lousy.
  • Horrible actors and a horrible story with two used to be Hollywood greats Liam Neeson and Aidan Quinn. Extremely lousy acting roles of journalists, and FBI henchmen left me to wonder why is Neeson taking these types of scripts, surrounding himself with bad actors. Hey......must be the moneyyyy! This was just as ridiculous as his last film Honest Thief. And already washed up Quinn's best was Legends of the Fall. Which is no surprise here.